on3 single turbo for 2018+

invincible5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
moe
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
hey guys newbie here. background on my mustang its a 2019 6 speed with a lund tune and intake. I have been really wanting to go boost. i have done lots of research and it seems like on wastegate 6-7 psi ill make 650 hp. with a fuel system i can probably make a little more. what else should i be doing? all i know is that i have to spend a lot of money including the built transmission, clutch, and built engine. my goal is to be at 800 whp. what kind of work will i have to do to not break anything. sorry for the ignorance.
Sponsored

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
At 800 whp your trans will most likely be your weak link, followed by half shafts, and maybe OPG’s would need upgraded.
A RST clutch w/ Ben Calimer
trans combo should increase the life of the transmission.

I wouldn’t build an engine for 800whp.

with a turbo, at minimum you would want larger injectors (56#) and a boost a pump- that would carry you to 700’s whp. For 800 whp, the easiest way to achieve that would be e85 with a return style fuel system. Inexpensive would be Sai Li dual pump with DW/FIC injectors , expensive would be Fore L1E with ID1050x or ID1300.

it can all be done cheap Or with no money spared, but if you’re considering a turbo you must prepare for stuff to be upgraded and broken.

If you plan to go On3 plan for additional time/expense with fabrication work, but will make all the power you would want or need once it’s all set up right.

OP
OP

invincible5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
moe
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
At 800 whp your trans will most likely be your weak link, followed by half shafts, and maybe OPG’s would need upgraded.
A RST clutch w/ Ben Calimer
trans combo should increase the life of the transmission.

I wouldn’t build an engine for 800whp.

with a turbo, at minimum you would want larger injectors (56#) and a boost a pump- that would carry you to 700’s whp. For 800 whp, the easiest way to achieve that would be e85 with a return style fuel system. Inexpensive would be Sai Li dual pump with DW/FIC injectors , expensive would be Fore L1E with ID1050x or ID1300.

it can all be done cheap Or with no money spared, but if you’re considering a turbo you must prepare for stuff to be upgraded and broken.

If you plan to go On3 plan for additional time/expense with fabrication work, but will make all the power you would want or need once it’s all set up right.
I appreciate the reply I honestly will just stay at 700 wheel for a while in that case. We have maybe 2 e85 stations and they’re way to far but there is an e54 which is still better than pump gas I believe. Anyways I’ll keep you posted on when I get the on3 and fuel system alongside the boost controller and injectors. I’ll be at 620-650 for awhile until I can save up for the built trans and all.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Any reviews yet on the single kit ? I see the kits are being shipped .

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Anyone have this kit yet? I wanted to see if it still fits like garbage before I would even consider due to the pricing. After witnessing an actual On3 twin kit in person from someone I met, they said it was a pain due to the awful fitment of the manifolds and had to take it to a CNC shop to get everything lined up. I was hoping the single kit would be better since it's a bit easier to put together but I would like to see someone that actually has it recently.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Anyone have this kit yet? I wanted to see if it still fits like garbage before I would even consider due to the pricing. After witnessing an actual On3 twin kit in person from someone I met, they said it was a pain due to the awful fitment of the manifolds and had to take it to a CNC shop to get everything lined up. I was hoping the single kit would be better since it's a bit easier to put together but I would like to see someone that actually has it recently.
Most likely just get the manifold flanges planed or use a belt sander. Fitment is difficult because you're cramming 10 pounds of shit in a 8 pound bag. Plus you're pay half of what other kits run.

On3 turbo coyotes on Facebook, there's a few people installing them right now. One is an 18 and he says fitment is fine so far.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Most likely just get the manifold flanges planed or use a belt sander. Fitment is difficult because you're cramming 10 pounds of shit in a 8 pound bag. Plus you're pay half of what other kits run.

On3 turbo coyotes on Facebook, there's a few people installing them right now. One is an 18 and he says fitment is fine so far.
I'll check it out. Thank you.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Wondering if you have to pull the engine on the single kit like you do for the twins?
Sponsored