First single turbo 2018 mustang

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Not a big fan of the turbo inlet location here on a street car, good luck when it rains or have some road debris get sucked into there.
Same location for ProCharger just on the other side.
Sponsored

OP
OP

The Problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Not a daily driver, car will obviously have a cone filter for street driving

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Not a big fan of the turbo inlet location here on a street car, good luck when it rains or have some road debris get sucked into there.
In order to suck up standing water it's really hard. I had a mid mounted turbo down below the trans on my last car. Really isn't an issue. More of armchair physics fear.

There are so many cars out there running turbos with similar intake pipe heights that I wouldn't be worried about it. Just avoid huge puddles and you should be fine. But that being said, personally I would try to avoid driving a big turbo car... Sticky tires tend to not like the rain and you're just asking for a stupid total.

OP that's a badass setup! :cheers: I'm digging it. Did you flip the oem headers?

OP
OP

The Problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
In order to suck up standing water it's really hard. I had a mid mounted turbo down below the trans on my last car. Really isn't an issue. More of armchair physics fear.

There are so many cars out there running turbos with similar intake pipe heights that I wouldn't be worried about it. Just avoid huge puddles and you should be fine. But that being said, personally I would try to avoid driving a big turbo car... Sticky tires tend to not like the rain and you're just asking for a stupid total.

OP that's a badass setup! :cheers: I'm digging it. Did you flip the oem headers?

didn’t flip headers, they’re all custom. kit is really bad ass , it’s really a race kit

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I'm rootin' for ya, man. Make it happen!

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The car is running and pretty much put together if this is the 2018 that Mustang Lifestyle has been talking about.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
am I seeing right? is that the exhaust exit straight out the passenger side ? if so what possible benefit could this single turbo have over the Hellion dual kit with an actual functioning exhaust system? aren't they capable of well over 1000 hp?

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
am I seeing right? is that the exhaust exit straight out the passenger side ? if so what possible benefit could this single turbo have over the Hellion dual kit with an actual functioning exhaust system? aren't they capable of well over 1000 hp?
A bumper dumper saves weight for one and probably frees up a few hp as well over a full exhaust. As for single vs twin either can work well with proper setup.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
You want the shortest exhaust possible to keep backpressure down. A full exhaust is a restriction.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
You want the shortest exhaust possible to keep backpressure down. A full exhaust is a restriction.
theoretically yeah, but in reality not very much. A 4" exhaust will not be a real restriction until some crazy hp. A dual 3" even more. Bumper exit is just a lot easier to fab

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
so with exhaust exiting the front bumper cover i'm assuming this is not going to be street legal or street driven.
Sponsored