Old fart here

RubberFeet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
S550
73 and like everyone else here, I didn't get this thing to drive around town. I have so much $$s into the chassis dynamics and trying to keep it NA so I can carve up the canyons. Just too much fun. The Tremec solved so many issues I can't begin to describe. Couple of sets of wheel/tire set ups; 305/30-19 square. 467 rwhp and am going to flex tune with Torco E85R next month. Took awhile, but suspension set up almost right for the "courses" I play in. Only take it out to play. Have too many other stuff to go to the Post Office an' such. Yeah, from my time "you can't have too much HP", however, times have sure changed, and yes you can have too much. I have driven pressurized cars (Mustangs) and cannot beat the times I run with my car even with 650 rwhp.
Sorry kids it ain't the power without the handling. Straight line for sure, but that ain't driving. Best street car I have ever had. Sure beats the price of maintaning a McLaren 720S

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
65-1/2. Enjoy carving curves and chirping tires, hard accelerations, and hard decelerations. Still enjoy turning a wrench too.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
55 here. When I get aggressive on the throttle with my wife in the car, I look over at her and say, "Gotta let the hosses run!" I enjoy putting a car through its paces. Now that I'm older I know a lot more about when it is and isn't appropriate to shoot the coal to it.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"Hey, guys, like the title says, I'm an old guy (57), but I still drive it like I stole it! Not all the time, of course, but a lot. I bought this car to have fun & it sure as hell is! How many older guys on here drive their cars hard sometimes?"
You do know that, to those of us in our 70s (I am 73), folks in their 50s are the Boomer generation equivalent of Millennials? :crackup: Seriously tho, it's good to see members of this (Boomer) generation still enjoying life. This is my 5th Mustang (1st was a '65 fastback GT w/4-spd back in the late '60s). Purchased current (2019) Mustang GT (Level II) just over two (2) years ago & have 32k miles on it driving thru 22 states + a side trip into Canada. Mods include a short list of essential Steeda items & a Borla exhaust. My only complaints were a slave cylinder failure @ 25+k miles in Flagstaff (AZ) & no CD player. :curse: To all of you ... welcome to a very select group of people who truly understand the difference between being older & being old. :like:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"This is the most addictive car to drive that I have ever owned. So much fun."
Nicely stated ... I could not have said it better myself. :clap:

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
58 and counting here.
After coming this close to buying an 08' GT500KR, but failing to pull the trigger, I could not let go of what could have been. I made up my mind that I was going to put something shiny and fast in the garage. So I picked up a 2020 PP2 mid Nov. Not even broke in yet, but loving the power & handling of my better late than never mid-life crisis.
Baby where have you been all my life? hehe.

gdub

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Age 69 here. Let's say I don't usually drive my 2017 Mustang GT like a little old lady. I had my car serviced just before I parked it for the winter. The tech told me I needed new tires on the rear. My car has a little more than 8K miles on it. I had elective surgery on my left hand a six weeks ago. I postponed the surgery until the fall so I would be able to drive my two manual Mustangs through the summer. Well, that and Covid 19 shut down on elective surgeries. Oh and my wife accused me of having a midlife crisis when I ordered it.

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hey guys Like the title says I'm an old guy [57] But I still drive it like I stole it! Not all the time of coarse but a lot. I bought this car to have fun and it sure as hell is! How many older guys on here drive their cars hard sometimes?
Hi - I'll be 79 on Jan 7th. You have a ways to go before you are really an old fart. I'm a retired pharmacist thus the "Old Phart" moniker. Old pharmacists never die, they just become Old Pharts. No, I don't drive like I did in the younger days during the muscle car era. The irony is that my Bullitt is so much safer to drive at any speed compared to those cars, yet I drive much more conservatively now. I inherently know that my reflexes aren't what they used to be. Yes, I enjoy rowing through the gears occasionally and find the exhaust note mesmerizing - reminds me of the old glass packs. It's also nice to know I have those ponies under the hood if I need them, particularly when passing cars on a 2 lane road*. People ask what I'm doing with an almost 500 hp car and I guess mainly because once cars like this get in your blood, it never goes away. To all you guys who think you're old but aren't, don't be in a hurry to actually get old. I just had my left knee replaced so hopefully depressing the clutch shouldn't be painful this coming spring when I put my toy cars on the road again. The GTO clutch is a killer. I'm way down on the descending slope of the Bell Curve of life and what's left ain't necessarily a pretty picture. But until then, I'll keep on having fun until they hide the car keys on me... Bruce

P.S. *Do any of you remember that cult movie " Two Lane Blacktop" or something like that.

Last edited:

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
68 here. Been driving Mustangs since 1970, my 4th is my '18 GT 401A Premium 10r80. Had to sell my '03 GT 5 speed due to bad knees. Got the variable exhaust to appease the wife due to migrains but by myself its mostly in Sport mode.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Getting older is a fact of life, but getting old is just a state of mind. :like:
I couldn't agree more. I am 71 and just purchased a 2020 GT. Waiting for the brake recall to get delivery of the car but was given a 2019 gt as a loaner. Loving it. I haven't thrown a gear in many years but got rubber in three gears.
Sponsored