Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
Hi everyone,

I’m gonna be pulling the trigger on the Loki kit from VMP. That should have me around 625ish to the wheels. Now that’s plenty for me since I don’t take my car to the drag strip. Just want more fun when I’m in the need for spirited driving. Now should I upgrade the oil pump gears? If so which ones do you all recommend. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
If you know how to drive and don't continually bounce of the rev limiter or do a money shift you will be fine. That said, you will be most of the way there and it isn't that hard to do.

I would go with either Ford Performance or Boundary.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Hi everyone,

I’m gonna be pulling the trigger on the Loki kit from VMP. That should have me around 625ish to the wheels. Now that’s plenty for me since I don’t take my car to the drag strip. Just want more fun when I’m in the need for spirited driving. Now should I upgrade the oil pump gears? If so which ones do you all recommend. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
I have a whipple on order and I had mix reservations about doing the OPG and cam sprocket. I decided for piece of mind to do them since it was always on my mind of a failure when I went WOT in my 14 GT that was boosted.
Several YouTube videos giving good detail on the install.

OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
I have a whipple on order and I had mix reservations about doing the OPG and cam sprocket. I decided for piece of mind to do them since it was always on my mind of a failure when I went WOT in my 14 GT that was boosted.
Several YouTube videos giving good detail on the install.
Yeah I don’t normally shift at redline or anything but it’s on of those maybe do it for peace of mind. Does anyone sell a kit for both? Gears and sprocket??

Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Yeah I don’t normally shift at redline or anything but it’s on of those maybe do it for peace of mind. Does anyone sell a kit for both? Gears and sprocket??
I went with boundary and got it off beefcake. You'll always have urge to go WOT once your boosted, trust me😈

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
FWIW I go WOT on my '19 TT every other day, (but practically never to rev limiter) and haven't done OPG swap out. Have been running this for almost a full year and have been fine. E85, 11PSI, most likely near 700-750whp.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I did mine in conjunction with the Whipple installation, on my 2019. I went with the TSS oil pump and timing chain sprocket.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
I’m wondering if for the money of the parts and install I instead get a set of ceramic BBK LT headers

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's insurance. I'm installing a set of Boundary gears and crank sprocket while doing an On3 single install on my 17.

OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
It's insurance. I'm installing a set of Boundary gears and crank sprocket while doing an On3 single install on my 17.
Yeah I think I’m gonna just go that route as well.