Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hello,

Does anyone know the proper torque for an oil pressure sending unit on our cars (mine is a 17)? I plan to be under the car doing some checking around and wanted to check the sending unit to make sure its tight.

Thanks!
Dan
Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Hello,

Does anyone know the proper torque for an oil pressure sending unit on our cars (mine is a 17)? I plan to be under the car doing some checking around and wanted to check the sending unit to make sure its tight.

Thanks!
Dan
There is a painted witness mark from when it was tightened on the assembly line. You can just check to see if it has turned at all. You don’t need to get under the car, you can see it with the driver’s side wheel off.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
OP
OP
Rubyred17

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There is a painted witness mark from when it was tightened on the assembly line. You can just check to see if it has turned at all. You don’t need to get under the car, you can see it with the driver’s side wheel off.
If you are ever in Louisville I owe you a beer! This advice was spot on. Just slide the foil covered protector off the sensor and you can see these lines. Mine had not moved nor was leaking. THANK YOU!
Sponsored