Ohio Thread

MagGray16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 BMW F-10
If still available I will take the parts off of your hands. I pm’d you.
Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Anyone know of a reputable shop in Cincinnati that can install rear gears?

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Paul's Automotive or Finish Line. I have used both and they do great work.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Check out BA Motorsports in Milford. Brandon is a good dude and does great work at a reasonable price.

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the referrals. Sent a quote request to Paul's Automotive. I'll contact BA as well.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Heard from one so far........seems to correct the speedo I also have to spring for a tune which I am not doing because of the warranty. This is a brand new vehicle. I also was taken aback by the $1650 (parts/fluids/labor) + tune + tax quote.

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
I can also recommend Brandon at BA Motorsports

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Due to having to tune the car to get the speedo reading correctly I will not be having the gears swapped. Brand new car and I don't want to take the chance of voiding the warranty.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Due to having to tune the car to get the speedo reading correctly I will not be having the gears swapped. Brand new car and I don't want to take the chance of voiding the warranty.
Adjustment for updated gear ratio has nothing to do with tuning or engine calibration and will not affect your warranty.

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Well, then that's why the first quote for $1650 + tune + tax was a such a turn off and I'm trying to get more quotes. That just seemed off to me.

I've had this done on our 1998 GT and it was less than $700 but that was years ago.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Some things to consider. Not sure what gears you have in now and are wanting to install. And your current differential. Is it open, locking, track-lock? I went thru the same 2 years ago. I had a open differential with 3.15 and wanted to go to track-lock 3.55. After getting quotes and doing allot of research. I ended up buying a loaded complete rear-end for $400 and some change. Then had LFP do the swap from old to new and some other maintenance items for around $600. Flashed the gear ratio change myself with sct tuner.

Hope that helps but it was the best budget friendly way for me. If you looking for a complete diff try online. Or I have my old one if you want to try and build it the way you want.

Last edited:

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
Scooter, several years ago I bought a Ford Performance Calibrator that preserved my 2012 Mustang GTs warranty and it was able to compensate for tire diameter diffs and rear gear changes.
Ford is releasing (has released?) a similar kit for the 2018+ GT's and should also be able to compensate speedo differences.

Another thought is to contact a dealership like Lebanon Ford and ask if they can recal your speedo without affecting your warranty.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Some things to consider. Not sure what gears you have in now and are wanting to install. And your current differential. Is it open, locking, track-lock? I wen thrust the same 2 years ago. I had a open differential with 3.15 and wanted to go to track-lock 3.55.
Out of curiosity - how did you end up with open differential ? Every single S550 came with LSD - either clutch type or Torsen in Perfornance Pack cars...

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Scooter, several years ago I bought a Ford Performance Calibrator that preserved my 2012 Mustang GTs warranty and it was able to compensate for tire diameter diffs and rear gear changes.
Ford is releasing (has released?) a similar kit for the 2018+ GT's and should also be able to compensate speedo differences.

Another thought is to contact a dealership like Lebanon Ford and ask if they can recal your speedo without affecting your warranty.
I think even older versions of ProCal can do it - since I have one, could try if he is willing to do it (new one is stand alone with its own screen, older ones were just interface with PC). Good call.

Mine came with Ford Performance Magnaride Handling Pack.
Sponsored