Sponsored

Ohio Thread

Muss Catt 19RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium; 2018 F150, 2004 FXDL
Look for a Casey's General Store. I haven't used one as I don't have a e85 tune, but have read they have good gas. There are several new ones in the Dayton area.
Sponsored

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
Contemplating a Lund E85 tune. I am in the Maineville/S. Lebanon area. Anyone know of a consistently reliable source for good E85 in the area?
That escalated quickly lol

You can try the link below and looks like a couple Speedway's in your area with it.
I don't have an e85 tune (yet), but the people I know here in Dayton with them use Speedway e85
https://e85prices.com/ohio.html

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
That escalated quickly lol
Still contemplating.......not sure I want to take that plunge while under factory warranty. Now that the suspension/chassis is taken care of the car drives so much better. I'm more of a "taking corners" driver than all out straight line speed. I get a kick out of other drivers and how they react to the car with aggressive driving.......until it's time to take a corner/turn......I look back and say "where'd ya go? Are turns hard???" LOL

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
Don't blame you, I was just being an ass

You live in an area with SO many good roads.
I hear ya, a buddy and I were romping around Oregonia, Ceasars Creek, Fort Ancient a couple weeks ago and had a blast. With zero traffic these days it felt like our personal track

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
Yesterday I drove well east of Athens on Rt50, then northeast through good curvy 3-digit state routes. Soon as I turned north off Rt50, every road was really, really fun. Destination was Rt555. Took that south about 50 miles to the Ohio River.

Rt555 has incredible elevation changes that felt like a rollercoaster, and every type of corner you can imagine, except flat ones. 50 miles of hammering corners, and I would guess hundreds.

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I drop in the triple nickel (555) all the time, pick it up south of Zanesville. It’s a sample of what the Tail of the Dragon is like in East TN, we go down every year and spend a weekend at Topoco lodge on the NC border -Good Times in Ashville too, nice getaway.

* I recently crossed over to E85, with both a Flex 93/E85 convenience tune - and E85R tune provided by Lund w/NGauge . I’ve performed the test tube sampling at most stations around CBUS that have E85 & the Fairborn area over by Wright Patt AFB. My conclusion is make sure you test it if your running a dedicated E85 tune not flex, there’s some real crappy E85 out there. That’s the benefit of the Flex tune to adjust for the crappy % of E85. Do your own research, to each their own on the E85 adventure.

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
I need to get back down to Deals Gap, I've riden it on sportbikes many times, but not in a car.
Rt555 and Rt78 just West of Rt555 between Glouster and Ringgold is about good as it gets in Ohio.

@VIPR01 Speedway seems to have a lot of e85 stations around here, but overall do they seem to be consistent or are ALL stations inconsistent?

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I’ve seen a fluctuation with all of them honestly, that’s based on the test tube samples & the ALCH % you will see on the NGauge Flex tune. My Theory is the E85 isn’t widely popular around here so it just sits in the tank for X amount of days. I’d like to find out how often these tanks are filled or what months (Probably Summer) the Ethanol would be considered Fresh for a lack of better words. I’m going to give VP C85 a trial run, confident it will be night & day from the local pump. Also, painful on the wallet..

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Columbus and experience the same uncertainty. I'm not a Speedway Fan but they carry it here at stations close by.

Meijer's also carries it but from my experience with a few tanks, Speedway seems to be "freshest" with the Idle/driving behavior of the car.

The Meijer gas is no bueno, I'm afraid.

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Checking in Maineville / south Lebanon area

Sponsored

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Long shot but does anyone know of anything going on today?

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I'm literally right off of 22/3 & 48.
We are in Thornton Grove. Take a look at Queen City Mustangers and see if you would be interested in joining. We did about a month ago but COVID has put a damper on things.

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
We are in Thornton Grove. Take a look at Queen City Mustangers and see if you would be interested in joining. We did about a month ago but COVID has put a damper on things.
I'm in the connected neighborhood to Thornton Grove. I live in Wedgwood. Actually at my mother in laws now in Thorton Grove
Sponsored