5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I just had a little custom paint work done at Liberty Collision in Middletown. This visit they removed, then painted and reinstalled the spoiler and the factory heat extractors in gloss black. The prior visit they installed the Roush hood scoop.

I figured I would share my experience in case anyone else is looking for some custom paint or body work.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Looks great!! Good paint and body people are worth their weight in gold! How much did you pay for the heat extractors, if you don't mind me asking? If you don't want to put that out there, I totally understand.

Last edited:
OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Looks great!! Good paint and body people are worth their weight in gold! How much did you pay for the heat extractors, if you don't mind me asking? If you don't want to put that out there, I totally understand.
I don't mind. I actually traded a set of wheels, but the breakdown was about $150.00 to paint the spoiler and I think about the same for the heat extractors. I had the side scoops repainted and installed (I dropped one on the concrete right after I unboxing them). Also, my drivers door had a dent that was popped from the inside out and they fixed that and corrected a large patch of overspray from the factory paint work. Chris would be able to quote the exact figure.

By the way, this is the same body shop that Lebanon Ford currently sends their Roush body part installations to. That is what initially convinced me to have them do this work.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
By the way, this is the same body shop that Lebanon Ford currently sends their Roush body part installations to. That is what initially convinced me to have them do this work.
That seals the deal. Great price, too. Thanks for tip!

Sponsored

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I'm going to sell my Roush Heat Extractors now that I have the stock ones painted. I would prefer not to ship them anywhere to avoid the UPS charge and hassle. If anyone local to the SW Ohio area is looking for a pair on the cheap, let me know. Like $125 cheap. We can meet up.

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Sold them already. Thanks Brando! Catch you tomorrow morning at Cavu.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Looks great! I might have had them do the mirror covers black as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I figured I would post an update about this - sorry it is not more of a glowing review:

Let me preface what you are about to read with some words about my perspective and attitude regarding my cars. I am very obsessive and extremely particular about my cars. I cannot stand poor workmanship and I generally do not trust just anyone with my cars. That said, once I get to know that someone is honest and forthright, I tend to relax. Now on to the update.

So while everything in the picture above looks great, there is one issue that was found on spoiler. It seems that the body shop broke a clip that is used to hold the very edge down on the passenger side of the spoiler. This was last week (October 30th) when I told them about it. They agreed that it was their mistake and they agreed to fix it. So I ask how long it will take to fix the clip and repair another factory dent (not their fault) in the drivers door that I found. They told me a half of a day. Bring it to them first thing in the morning and I could have it by noon or so. They also told me that they would call me when they got the clip in stock so we could setup a time.

Fast forward to the end of the week (Friday November 6th). They were supposed to call me and let me know when they had the clip in so I could bring the car back and they could fix it. Before close of business I called them and was told they had the clip abut they were waiting on "the dent guy" to call them. The very next sentence they told me to bring the car in Monday (November 9th) and they would take care of it. They still hadn't talked to the dent guy, right??? How could he setup an appointment if he was waiting on the dent guy??? Well, I hung up the phone wondering why they never called me to tell me all this in the first place. Then all of these questions started coming up in my mind.

Today, I show up 8:30 this morning and tell them since I have no ride that I was just going to wait for it (yep 4 hours - sucks but I had no ride back home and no other choice but to wait it out). He tells me that this will not work, that they need the car ALL DAY! I ask about the 4 hours and was told that they need it all day now. I ask if they could just install the clip and I would come back to get the dent fixed later and he says no and mutters something about he "would have to mask the area off"... I have no idea what that means since they were only installing a body clip - no painting was to take place installing the body clip.

Needless to say, I am not happy at all. In fact, since I have been dealing with the manager, I am not going back at all.

I don't like poor communication or vague answers. Since I cannot trust what they tell me, I cannot trust them with my car.

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have gone to Carstar Collision of Blue Ash over the years. There is a repair person there who rebuilt an '01 Bullitt Mustang that had a crushed roof with amazing results. I've asked for him exclusively when doing the custom work and repair work when I had to have it done on other Mustangs.

I also have used Orr's Auto Body with good success when I had to have a repaint on the hood and left front roof rail my '01 Bullitt Mustang after some road debris got kicked up on my car by a truck. I was satisfied with the work and, the price was lower than Carstar.

Let me know if you need more information.

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have gone to Carstar Collision of Blue Ash over the years. There is a repair person there who rebuilt an '01 Bullitt Mustang that had a crushed roof with amazing results. I've asked for him exclusively when doing the custom work and repair work when I had to have it done on other Mustangs.

I also have used Orr's Auto Body with good success when I had to have a repaint on the hood and left front roof rail my '01 Bullitt Mustang after some road debris got kicked up on my car by a truck. I was satisfied with the work and, the price was lower than Carstar.

Thanks Tony.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker

I had a good experience with Carstar in Fairfield on very minor body work on a Toyota Tundra.

An old lady clipped my mirror off in a parking lot lol. I was parked, trying to change my daughter in the back and the whole truck started rocking!
:headbonk:
Sponsored