Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen this surround on the open market? I've been doing some research and haven't had any luck.

TIA

-Todd

20180930_212033.jpg
Yeah, they added the Carbon Fiber as an option, as well as Red, Blue, White, Black, and Green.

Why abandonment??
Let me put it this way... if I could remove this entire thread, I would- after all, I started it.
Sponsored

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I agree with robb1320, Invest in a different route, I have followed this threat for years and I am 100% positive it is not worth the headaches, invest ina Sync 3 or an After Market Double Din system

Nik_Ind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 GT Coupe
I agree with robb1320, Invest in a different route, I have followed this threat for years and I am 100% positive it is not worth the headaches, invest ina Sync 3 or an After Market Double Din system
Which double din would you recommend for replacement of a factory sync 3 HU? I haven't come across any that would be able to show climate controls on it.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, they added the Carbon Fiber as an option, as well as Red, Blue, White, Black, and Green.
I have asked multiple vendors and everyone says they do not have or carry it. Do you have a link? TIA

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I don't, because I can't condone people wasting money on a garbage unit.
I personally have had 0 issues with this unit and I’m rocking it until this very minute. Yes, the electronics are old and the unit itself isn’t as fast as it should be. But whats puzzling is why did it take you so long to change your mind and deem this unit unworthy? For someone with your experience, you would notice its garbage the minute you laid your eyes on it.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I've Owned This Telsa Unit For 8 months. Never Had Any Issues. Why Just Leave Whats Bein Installed on it. DONT Change Anything!! Don't Install Nova Laucher Or Car Laucher you will have issues if you do!!! I'm Running it without any changes and its worked Fine! No Hiccups At All Save yourself the aggravation. Run It Stock With The layout it came with. Hope This Helps Remember its Made In CHINA Cheap Parts
I add my voice to this guy. Been running it for more than a year now, no issues. I just kept it stock. No need to overload the unit with additional apps that require processing power that the unit lacks. Keep it stock, install youtube and simple apps. Dont go major ape shit with launchers and you’ll be fine.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Here Is A Quick note On The Tesla Unit. Installed An Amp Yesterday The Rca Cables Which Says FR FL RR RL Do Work As PreAmp Out Puts. But To Get A Remote Turn On You Cannot Use The Blue Power Antenna wire Has A Remote Turn On Only 4.63 volts You Need To Use The Fuse Box On the Passenger Side Fuse # 23 For Your Remote Turn On Go To Auto zone And Buy A Fuse Holder Wire That Holds 2 10 Amp Fuses And Your Good to go Hope This Helps Someone

Can you tell me more about your experience here? Did everything else work as intended? Did you use all the supplied RCA cables with the tesla unit? Theres another wire that says s.woofer did you use that one? I’m planning on installing amps and maybe a woofer too

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I personally have had 0 issues with this unit and I’m rocking it until this very minute. Yes, the electronics are old and the unit itself isn’t as fast as it should be. But whats puzzling is why did it take you so long to change your mind and deem this unit unworthy? For someone with your experience, you would notice its garbage the minute you laid your eyes on it.
It took him 3 months at most and at least one of those months was sorting out a better 8" unit anyway. Part of "taking so long to notice" is the aim of making it better by getting root access and source code which proved harder than anticipated and stalled any goal of future development.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Getting banned by an overzealous Admin also caused delays.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Getting banned by an overzealous Admin also caused delays.
I see. You shouldnt need to feel like its your responsibility to steer people away from this unit. You need a vacation my friend haha

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
From a quality standpoint, I can't (with clear conscience) encourage people to buy it.
You made it very clear that this unit isn’t worth it. You’ve done your part, we release you from your pain

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
You made it very clear that this unit isn’t worth it. You’ve done your part, we release you from your pain
LOL.

That's too bad. This unit looked much better than some of the other options available. Thanks all for your input.