Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
In the "Secret" menu (7890) look for the setting for the camera, and change it. I had inadvertently hit it on mine too, and did the same thing.
Thanks, I'll look at that, so odd that it works intermittently and I don't recall making any change in that menu.

I've made a decision to go with Sync3. Almost all of the necessary parts are on the way for my conversion. I find myself looking for dials and buttons to control volume/HVAC. While this unit has proven to be a pretty impressive and cool device, I apparently can't get used to a 100% touch screen panel. I will definitely miss the audio improvement this unit provided.

For anyone looking for a Tesla unit, I will have mine up for sale once I get the Sync3 installed. Mine has been modified with white LEDs that have a greenish blue film that's decently close to the stock colors. The LED behind the AC button on the top left does not light up, but the button works fine. I also have the WiFi antenna extender that would come with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Thanks, I'll look at that, so odd that it works intermittently and I don't recall making any change in that menu.

I've made a decision to go with Sync3. Almost all of the necessary parts are on the way for my conversion. I find myself looking for dials and buttons to control volume/HVAC. While this unit has proven to be a pretty impressive and cool device, I apparently can't get used to a 100% touch screen panel. I will definitely miss the audio improvement this unit provided.

For anyone looking for a Tesla unit, I will have mine up for sale once I get the Sync3 installed. Mine has been modified with white LEDs that have a greenish blue film that's decently close to the stock colors. The LED behind the AC button on the top left does not light up, but works fine. I also have the WiFi antenna extender that would come with it.
Oh, if it's intermittent, then it might not be that setting. I thought it was just pre-boot and post-boot issues.

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue

For anyone looking for a Tesla unit, I will have mine up for sale once I get the Sync3 installed. Mine has been modified with white LEDs that have a greenish blue film that's decently close to the stock colors. The LED behind the AC button on the top left does not light up, but the button works fine. I also have the WiFi antenna extender that would come with it.
I'm the same way and think the Tesla unit is interesting, but prefer the physical buttons for HVAC and even having the volume for the radio directly on the unit even though the steering wheel has it.

What resource are you following in adding sync3 (with gps??) to base model?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'm the same way and think the Tesla unit is interesting, but prefer the physical buttons for HVAC and even having the volume for the radio directly on the unit even though the steering wheel has it.

What resource are you following in adding sync3 (with gps??) to base model?
Old habits die hard (and I'm not even old).

I'm following the "how to add MFT/Sync3" thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31286).

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Old habits die hard (and I'm not even old).

I'm following the "how to add MFT/Sync3" thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31286).
Yeah, this might be my next option. I really wish they would put out a nice Android stereo for Premium model cars. Like from Pioneer or Kenwood. The only Android made by a bigger name is Parrot Android.

The hardest part is finding a Sync 3 with Nav that will work with Premium because of the amp.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The hardest part is finding a Sync 3 with Nav that will work with Premium because of the amp.
I'm not sure I follow, I thought you could disable the amp feature in the ACM? Does disabling the amp disable the NAV....or something?

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I'm not sure I follow, I thought you could disable the amp feature in the ACM? Does disabling the amp disable the NAV....or something?
No, its probably my mistake. I think all the Sync 3 8" are made for amps so I think it would work for me. Maybe if you habe a base with no amp it might be an issue, but Im really not sure. I havent found enough info on what works with what.

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
Wow it worked great on my premium system but the right 2 switches isnt working , does one have a same issue as mine but?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I uploaded the new Custom Firmware on the Tesla's APK Manager. This custom ROM is brought to you mostly thanks to [MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION] for sending me original update file & [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION] for testing my custom ROM for y'all! :cheers:

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Little teaser...
Screenshot_20170423-151146.jpg

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
I use a custom boot screen... There's an app on the unit named something like "boot screen" and I was able to choose a file from my USB drive. I take it that's missing from the 2nd gen...?

IMG_20170228_230605.jpg
Yeah there's definitely no such app on gen 2 it's been more than 2 weeks and still can't change background. Other than that, this unit has been really good. Having it boot to that viper tech is frustrating though makes it look cheap.

Is there a way you can show us a picture of the app you're referring to please?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah there's definitely no such app on gen 2 it's been more than 2 weeks and still can't change background. Other than that, this unit has been really good. Having it boot to that viper tech is frustrating though makes it look cheap.

Is there a way you can show us a picture of the app you're referring to please?
I'll send a pic tonight. IT could be that the app is missing and there's a setting to change too.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Has anyone had any contact with Liu lately? My return was delivered on 4/13, but since then I haven't received any communications from him and I fear my refund will never come...
Sponsored