Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
Thinking about it, it no one buying the hu.. any1 have premium hu try to Installed it yet? One member crashed and burns..
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Thinking about it, it no one buying the hu.. any1 have premium hu try to Installed it yet? One member crashed and burns..
I have a 1st gen Tesla unit for my 16 Premium California Special that I have yet to install. Every time I go to install it, something comes up...

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
Good news Gen2 folks! after opening up the dash, there is a plastic clip (looks like a plastic screw into a metal bracket - you can see the "threading" pointing towards you if you have the original head unit out) that has a couple of the head unit wires (including the antenna cable) connected to it. I already had this undone so the two main cables could connect, but with a little rerouting and some muscle, the stock antenna wire works into the white port on the back of the head unit. It plugs next to the blue GPS input. Trust me, I had to muscle it in, but it definitely works. The radio works like a charm!
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] sent me the update and I am going to download it to the USB tonight but I'm going to do it tomorrow. Getting everything set up properly tonight, I don't want to brick my headset all in the same night lmao.

Only thing is he GPS doesn't start up by hitting GPS on the top left of the screen. I have to go through Apps to open. Stangatx said there is a setting I have to change in advanced settings, so no big deal. Also, the radio silences when I turn on the GPS (which I'm hoping is just a setting to change as well? [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] ?)

Will update tomorrow night after completion of update !!

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Good news Gen2 folks! after opening up the dash, there is a plastic clip (looks like a plastic screw into a metal bracket - you can see the "threading" pointing towards you if you have the original head unit out) that has a couple of the head unit wires (including the antenna cable) connected to it. I already had this undone so the two main cables could connect, but with a little rerouting and some muscle, the stock antenna wire works into the white port on the back of the head unit. It plugs next to the blue GPS input. Trust me, I had to muscle it in, but it definitely works. The radio works like a charm!
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] sent me the update and I am going to download it to the USB tonight but I'm going to do it tomorrow. Getting everything set up properly tonight, I don't want to brick my headset all in the same night lmao.

Only thing is he GPS doesn't start up by hitting GPS on the top left of the screen. I have to go through Apps to open. Stangatx said there is a setting I have to change in advanced settings, so no big deal. Also, the radio silences when I turn on the GPS (which I'm hoping is just a setting to change as well? [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] ?)

Will update tomorrow night after completion of update !!
Glad I could help, those white clips are the key. I also posted about the GPS a while back, and I can't get into any of the advanced settings on the second gen. Doesn't look like the passwords are the same between the first and second gen. If you have any luck, please pass them on. The update allows google maps to work, but it doesn't fix the gps button on the top. It also allows the playstore to work.

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Glad I could help, those white clips are the key. I also posted about the GPS a while back, and I can't get into any of the advanced settings on the second gen. Doesn't look like the passwords are the same between the first and second gen. If you have any luck, please pass them on. The update allows google maps to work, but it doesn't fix the gps button on the top. It also allows the playstore to work.
There are so many pages I went through 3/4 of it and then it came in the mail! Hahaha did you do the first update from StangATX website ?

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
No, I gave it to him. Shortly after I received the head unit, I told the seller about the GPS issue, and he sent me a link to download the update, and I forwarded that to StangATX.

Last edited:

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
No, I gave it to him. Shortly after I received the head unit, I told the seller about the GPS issue, and he sent me a link to download the update, and I forwarded that to StangATX.
Good news - update worked and didn't brick my radio. So [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] can officially customize gen 2.

1) secret passwords go back to original with update.
2) gps for google maps is fixed by "local nav" in settings. So radio and maps still work at the same time

Pretty pumped.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I have a 15 Premium and couldn't get audio or backup camera to work. I even had the extra cables for Premium. I tried emailing the manufacturer and they sent me some install instructions in some crazy ass Chinese format. They said they were .pdf, but clearly they are not.

I've never heard of a 847EED58 file format. As smart as the Chinese people are, they act like imbeciles sometimes. I don't get it. Anyway, I gave up and sold my unit. The I5 Autohaus unit apparently works in the Premium, but it costs $1000.

http://www.i-5autohaus.com/product-page/navigation-screen-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxcue7s3i7txk3t/no pdf.JPG?dl=0

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 1st gen Tesla unit for my 16 Premium California Special that I have yet to install. Every time I go to install it, something comes up...
Have fun, if you get it working, you will be the first.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think anyone responded to my question earlier. Does anybody have this running on a premium car yet? I have my harnesses from Patrick now, but was kinda hesitant to screw with it until I heard if we are up and running on the premiuims. I'm read to tackle this now, so if I need to do anything as far as R&D or anything, let me know...
I gave up and sold my unit to a base model owner.

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Good news - update worked and didn't brick my radio. So [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] can officially customize gen 2.

1) secret passwords go back to original with update.
2) gps for google maps is fixed by "local nav" in settings. So radio and maps still work at the same time

Pretty pumped.
Which update did you use, the experimental rom that [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] was looking for a volunteer to try?

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Which update did you use, the experimental rom that [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] was looking for a volunteer to try?
Yup! He's away until like Saturday. And then we should be making some leeway on some cool updates!

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
@elpatronvega and some of you guys who'd like to change their wallpaper. Here's the link of the size you need to use to generate your own wallpaper. I was able to extract a sample from the Firmware. I made a red overlay text with more information
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byxyxl1zasPMdC1jSXdHVDd2NlE/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

PS: I'm working on a boot "Annimation" for it right now. I'll see if I can do something... I don't wanna risk to brick my HU either lol. I wish I had a spare host though lol.
Email me man, I don't have WhatsApp anymore, but I have 2 hosts, one is bootlooping, the other is untouched by man! I can send one or both to you when I get my funds back in order. I'm putting every dime into paying for surgery that the VA is dicking me over on, and that's gonna be $15k.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I've noticed for 2 days now that my back up camera will work right when I start the car, but after driving it around, if I put it back into reverse I'll get "no signal". There's obviously no loose connector issue if it comes on after sitting for a bit.
In the "Secret" menu (7890) look for the setting for the camera, and change it. I had inadvertently hit it on mine too, and did the same thing.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Check your mail Patrick, squared up with you on the shipping and troubles for screwing with the harness stuff...

Bob
Sponsored