Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Just so everyone is aware, Liu never shipped me a replacement unit back after I sent him back a DOA AC board 1st gen. He's ignored me for a week and now he's telling me that the replacement units are not ready to ship, they are having navigation issues. I asked him for my money back and nothing, since he won't ship out a replacement unit out to me.
Out $700 and nothing to show for it, but a whole lot of whatsapp messages, and more agrevasion.

Good luck to other people that have bought from him. Never ever doing business with Chinese suppliers....
You will get it, it took 5 weeks for me, but he did ship it. I have the second generation, and it is having some software issues; I think that is the cause of the delay in shipping to you. I understand your frustration.
Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I just finished to build a custom firmware for the 2nd gen to make it look like 1st gen launcher with the big speedo and interface. Anyone who wants to give it a shot before I release it publicly...?
Stang, I have the second gen, and it seems slow to work in terms of launching apps. I am on version 4.4.4, any updats for the second gen yet? Other than the one I sent you.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
So for everyone who received the last shipment of Gen2, if @StangATX cannot get us the wire extender needed for the antenna, I confirmed that Best Buy's (who install car radios) sell the part. Do not know how much it is because they are very smart and only have their radio installation department open from 11 am to 6 pm. So you can't just go in and say this is what I need. I have to go during those times to get it, while I work from 7 am to 7 pm, at some point to figure out how to get one.:frusty::headbonk::shrug::doh:
I have the second gen, and I didn't need an extender. There was one wire or cable on the car that had two white clips securing it to a bracket. If I remember right, I just pulled the white clips out and rerouted the antenna or cable. I'm sorry, I don't remember which wire it was.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone 1st or 2nd gen ever lose GPS signal? This has happened twice now, and I am not sure if it is a glitch in the head unit or the antenna's connection.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I gave up on installing it on a premium 2015. I'm convinced they have no clue that there's a difference between the 2015 and 2016+ MFT units. The manufacturer would go from being helpful to non-existent. He told me Monday that they had a new harness they needed to send me and wanted me to pay for it. As I tried to get confirmation, he then asked for me to make him a video of my no audio problem. I've already sent over 20 images of all wiring. I gave up. Unit is headed back to China and I've filed a claim with PayPal. Hoping to recoup some or all of my shipping costs but doubt that's going to happen. Typical Chinese crap, if you ask me.
One of my friend installed it on a 2017 MFT and it works so far... I sent them more than 20 photos and videos. They worked with me. Of course it takes time because of the barrier language but at the end it works out!

Stang, I have the second gen, and it seems slow to work in terms of launching apps. I am on version 4.4.4, any updats for the second gen yet? Other than the one I sent you.
I have a custom ROM for 2nd Gen but nobody gave it a shot. I need a better tester. If it works I will keep improving it same level as 1st gen.

Anyone 1st or 2nd gen ever lose GPS signal? This has happened twice now, and I am not sure if it is a glitch in the head unit or the antenna's connection.
So far, So good, I don't have any issues with the GPS Signal.:shrug:

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the pictures of how it should look like. It's coming directly from the manufacturer. He sent me the picture from his own Mustang. He took it apart last night to send me the picture just for us :thumbsup:
IMG-20170418-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20170418-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20170418-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20170418-WA0007.jpg

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does have some glitch's to work out, overall I'm happy so far, only time will tell though.
CFW will fix theses little glitches :D

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
One of my friend installed it on a 2017 MFT and it works so far... I sent them more than 20 photos and videos. They worked with me. Of course it takes time because of the barrier language but at the end it works out!

I have a custom ROM for 2nd Gen but nobody gave it a shot. I need a better tester. If it works I will keep improving it same level as 1st gen.

So far, So good, I don't have any issues with the GPS Signal.:shrug:
I might be up to try it, is the install like the update?

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
I have a premium hu, I haven't try to Installed it yet, hopefully they will work out the bugs.

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I have a premium hu, I haven't try to Installed it yet, hopefully they will work out the bugs.
If you have a Premium, the Tesla won't work in your car.

I am so done dealing with these Chinese people. I've been asking for an instruction manual for 2 weeks and they send me files with an extension of .847EED57 and they tell me it's a PDF. I have hundreds of PDF files that I open. They can't even send me a correct file type. It's literally like talking to people from another planet.

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
Overall, I love mine so far. Only complaint is really just the boot up time but that isn't a big deal. They also include all of these extra cables that you do not need to use, and it just makes the job more confusing while you are putting it in.

I am hoping to have a write up and directions on how to install and what wires go where for the Gen 2 at some point this weekend with information on how to change some of the settings.
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] - any word on the new passwords for System Information and Advanced Settings from the update?

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Overall, I love mine so far. Only complaint is really just the boot up time but that isn't a big deal. ...
Ditto! I'm loving my first gen as well.

I think too many people went into this without reading through the whole thread, and expected a unit with hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars of research into it to refine it lol. It's a development unit and we're all beta testers here really :thumbsup:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I've noticed for 2 days now that my back up camera will work right when I start the car, but after driving it around, if I put it back into reverse I'll get "no signal". There's obviously no loose connector issue if it comes on after sitting for a bit.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might be up to try it, is the install like the update?
Yes, It installs like an update.

I thought you were selling it?

If you have a Premium, the Tesla won't work in your car.

I am so done dealing with these Chinese people. I've been asking for an instruction manual for 2 weeks and they send me files with an extension of .847EED57 and they tell me it's a PDF. I have hundreds of PDF files that I open. They can't even send me a correct file type. It's literally like talking to people from another planet.
I don't have much problem with them. You just gotta take your time with them and speak with simple English sentences... Have you tried to rename the file's extension to .pdf?

Overall, I love mine so far. Only complaint is really just the boot up time but that isn't a big deal. They also include all of these extra cables that you do not need to use, and it just makes the job more confusing while you are putting it in.

I am hoping to have a write up and directions on how to install and what wires go where for the Gen 2 at some point this weekend with information on how to change some of the settings.
@StangATX - any word on the new passwords for System Information and Advanced Settings from the update?

Not yet. Until I don't have any feedback on the first Custom ROM.
Sponsored