Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
I just added a picture above. This doesn't look like it came with your premium kit. This wire runs off the harness that plugs into the factory black plug with the grey clamp. On the Tesla side, it's one of the small harnesses that plug's into the blue plug section. You can see the red wire dipping out of the harness in this pic. It dips off to the black plug in the post above. The sticker on the black plug has CAN in the middle of it.

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I just added a picture above. This doesn't look like it came with your premium kit. This wire runs off the harness that plugs into the factory black plug with the grey clamp. On the Tesla side, it's one of the small harnesses that plug's into the blue plug section
Ah, must be exclusive to the new revision then, I have no clue (yet) :(

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
Well, looks like I'll bang my head on this one, along with the vendor. He was slow to ship but wanted to make sure I got the latest revision. He did stay in communication. Hopefully he will continue too.

Jason

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, looks like I'll bang my head on this one, along with the vendor. He was slow to ship but wanted to make sure I got the latest revision. He did stay in communication. Hopefully he will continue too.

Jason
Does anything not work right now because you haven't connected that anywhere? Other possibility could be it's just an optional thing that you don't need :)

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
Everything else seems to be 100%. Just no sound. I paired my phone, played through the system and tested all buttons on the steering wheel as well as all AC controls. Everything worked.

If I don't hear back from the manufacturer in a few days, I'll throw a low amp fuse inline and add 12v to it, to see what happens.

JS

PS - Is your '15, the 50th Anniversary package?

Sponsored

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything else seems to be 100%. Just no sound. I paired my phone, played through the system and tested all buttons on the steering wheel as well as all AC controls. Everything worked.

If I don't hear back from the manufacturer in a few days, I'll throw a low amp fuse inline and add 12v to it, to see what happens.

JS

PS - Is your '15, the 50th Anniversary package?
Ha, no way :) I have the EcoBoost Premium.

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Well, idk what to try anymore. I've had the unit installed for almost a month now and ever since the very first time I tried it, the screen AC have not worked, and neither does the physical AC button or ON/OFF button. The manufacturer mailed me out a replacement cable, which he said his engineer told him was the problem; he was good enough to send it to me but that did not fix the problem.....idk what he will do next but k have already told him that his fix was not the solution. Do we know of anyone that had the AC as a problem on these? So I can contact them and see how he fixed it, if he did? I've tried taking off every wire and reinstalling it, tested it before I push it all so I'm not crimping the wires and nothing. Can anyone please help with anything else I haven't tried? TIA

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, idk what to try anymore. I've had the unit installed for almost a month now and ever since the very first time I tried it, the screen AC have not worked, and neither does the physical AC button or ON/OFF button. The manufacturer mailed me out a replacement cable, which he said his engineer told him was the problem; he was good enough to send it to me but that did not fix the problem.....idk what he will do next but k have already told him that his fix was not the solution. Do we know of anyone that had the AC as a problem on these? So I can contact them and see how he fixed it, if he did? I've tried taking off every wire and reinstalling it, tested it before I push it all so I'm not crimping the wires and nothing. Can anyone please help with anything else I haven't tried? TIA
I had the exact same problem, so did a few others earlier on I think. The A/C board seems to be very poorly manufactured, as the supplier said I needed a new one. He didn't have any replacements, though, as they stopped making the first revision. I ended up shipping my entire unit back ($75 out of pocket shipping) and I'll get a new revision as a replacement.

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I had the exact same problem, so did a few others earlier on I think. The A/C board seems to be very poorly manufactured, as the supplier said I needed a new one. He didn't have any replacements, though, as they stopped making the first revision. I ended up shipping my entire unit back ($75 out of pocket shipping) and I'll get a new revision as a replacement.
Why in the f$&@wouldnt he just offer me that from the beginning....gotta take a road trip in two weeks and I'm dreading 4 hours on the highway without AC, was really hoping this would fix it. Did he ship ship it to you once you showed proof of shipment or did he make you wait till he received it? Did you have to ship the entire thing back? I am not looking fwd to installing the stock one back in, after all this

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why in the f$&@wouldnt he just offer me that from the beginning....gotta take a road trip in two weeks and I'm dreading 4 hours on the highway without AC, was really hoping this would fix it. Did he ship ship it to you once you showed proof of shipment or did he make you wait till he received it? Did you have to ship the entire thing back? I am not looking fwd to installing the stock one back in, after all this
No idea, once he told me that he didn't have a replacement board, he offered to replace it if I ship it back. I shipped everything (screen, unit, and cables) on Tuesday, he'll send the replacement once he has this one in hand, so I have nothing right now (and I'm out $700 total).

Sponsored

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Damn....that's so disappointing, specially since it sounds like I'm headed in the same direction now. $640 and nothing after messing with this thing for a month; guess I'll start installing my stock one back on then. I doubt he's gonna fix it over WhatsApp anyways

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn....that's so disappointing, specially since it sounds like I'm headed in the same direction now. $640 and nothing after messing with this thing for a month; guess I'll start installing my stock one back on then. I doubt he's gonna fix it over WhatsApp anyways
Probably fastest to just return and get it replaced, yeah.

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Probably fastest to just return and get it replaced, yeah.
So, he answered me and told me to ship it back using USPS to this Address:

Liu chaoren
tianjiacun nanchenqu dongguang guangdong china 523099
Phone number 13802370714

Is this what you did? How the hell did you write the address? What's the street and city or any separations lol

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, he answered me and told me to ship it back using USPS to this Address:

Liu chaoren
tianjiacun nanchenqu dongguang guangdong china 523099
Phone number 13802370714

Is this what you did? How the hell did you write the address? What's the street and city or any separations lol
Yeah, it looks odd :)

My wife went to USPS, but I printed it out in the following format (which they were able to figure out from):

Liu Chaoren
Tianjiacun Nanchenqu Dongguang
523099 Guangdon
China

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
I'll leave that here :p

List of group buy:
@2017PPGT , @jmm042 , @elpatronvega , @Oakley_5OH , @firestarter2 , @try714

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html

Here are the tracking numbers:

I'm about to leave. Sorry if I didn't put any names but y'all should receive a text message or something anyways... I checked and it says not found yet. It probably takes time to update on the website. Give it a day or 2 and if there's still nothing keep me updated I'll start a PayPal claim. :cheers:
Still nothing :faint:
Sponsored