Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Disconnect that black box from the loose cable (Pic 3) and connect it to the white plug that's hooked up to your ca (Pic 6).

Connect the cable with the 3 yellow, red, and white RCAs (Pic 2) to the control box and connect the yellow loose RCA in your car to the one that says "camera".

You don't need the others.

My guess is that your audio will work when you connect the black box to your car.
Hey there, I made all the changes that you recommended, but still no audio or video from backup camera. I have linked a video so it is clear the way I have this set up.

Has anyone successfully installed this in a Premium car? I feel like that may be the problem.

I feel like everything is connected that can be, but still have cables left over.
Anymore help would be so appreciated.

Here is the video.

[ame]
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Yeah, mine came with a screen protector. It was under the protective film that had the blue tab to remove after install.
My gen1 did too actually, though it was slightly off center and one corner was visible, which bothered my OCD lol, so I took it off as well.

On another note, when you go into reverse and the camera pops up, underneath it is that graphical representation of the bumper radars.
I have the radar on the back bumper that beeps just like it always did, however the bars on the screen never light up.
Is there a setting somewhere that enables this? Or is it just not compatible with the base model with the radar?

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey there, I made all the changes that you recommended, but still no audio or video from backup camera. I have linked a video so it is clear the way I have this set up.

Has anyone successfully installed this in a Premium car? I feel like that may be the problem.

I feel like everything is connected that can be, but still have cables left over.
Anymore help would be so appreciated.

Here is the video.

I never got the reverse cam to work either. If you connect the orange loose wire that comes off the plug to the reverse cam "power" cable, it will probably show up, but mine was garbled and turned off after a few seconds.

Again, don't worry about the extra wires, they're for the base model, you don't need them. That yellow plug next to the black one in your call is for SiriusXM, I believe.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
My gen1 did too actually, though it was slightly off center and one corner was visible, which bothered my OCD lol, so I took it off as well.

On another note, when you go into reverse and the camera pops up, underneath it is that graphical representation of the bumper radars.
I have the radar on the back bumper that beeps just like it always did, however the bars on the screen never light up.
Is there a setting somewhere that enables this? Or is it just not compatible with the base model with the radar?
Yes, There's a thing to enable in the Advance settings I believe or the other hidden menu to access without Nova installed.

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
I never got the reverse cam to work either. If you connect the orange loose wire that comes off the plug to the reverse cam "power" cable, it will probably show up, but mine was garbled and turned off after a few seconds.

Again, don't worry about the extra wires, they're for the base model, you don't need them. That yellow plug next to the black one in your call is for SiriusXM, I believe.
Trying to figure out if we're dealing with the same company. Seems my unit is completely different. For what it's worth, video on mine is fine. I'm going to try and access advanced controls, tomorrow to see if I can get audio working, there.

Sponsored

samw369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, Ford Mustang
Is there a new group buy coming up? If not, what's the best offer he accepts on eBay?

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to figure out if we're dealing with the same company. Seems my unit is completely different. For what it's worth, video on mine is fine. I'm going to try and access advanced controls, tomorrow to see if I can get audio working, there.
You have the new revision, we have the old one.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a new group buy coming up? If not, what's the best offer he accepts on eBay?

Hey Sam, I might sell you mine if I can't get it to work with my Premium Mustang. I have to get it working today. I can't leave the dash ripped open because of the push start on the car.

I'll sell it for what I paid for in the Group Buy.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Yes, There's a thing to enable in the Advance settings I believe or the other hidden menu to access without Nova installed.
Do you remember exactly what it's called? I've tried to go through all those settings and turned on anything that said Radar or similar, with no luck.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm done

So I've tried everything I could to get this to work in my 2015 Premium. Here is the list of problems. There are just the ones of I know of.

1. No audio
2. No backup cam
3. No tach
4. Drive mode toggle turn AC fan to max, toggle again turns it off. Again turns it on. I don't get it.

Here is the wiring in the car.

[ame]

Here is the video of the problems

[ame]

Premium Tesla cable, a couple loose wires, not sure what they are for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ih7k6a4cd5a2k9/Premium Cables what are these for.JPG?dl=0

Premium Tesla cable vs Base Tesla cable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d63cjud4fnzl34r/Premium vs Base wiring.JPG?dl=0

Unused cables

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgo4hlnkusbkr3m/Unused Cables.jpg?dl=0

All used wires

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bb53bddkmed4auj/Used WIres.jpg?dl=0

Can someone provide me with the contact info of the distributor. Maybe he can assist me to get this working.

So unless anybody has any suggestions, I'm putting this up for sale for $620 plus $10 shipping. I will also list it in the classified section.

I believe the unit works, there are just clear issues with Premium models. I have worked with RVK and he got audio to work, but seems the backup cam still doesn't work. That is still not acceptable to me. I was so exciting to get this thing in my car, but now I have nothing. None of the other Android stereos works with Premium model cars. This blows. I have some lame ass Sync 2 with no Nav and I can't even find an upgrade. I would have bought a 2016 if I would have known how horrible these Sync 2 units are.

Anyway, I hope someone can help me before I sell it. I really want to keep it.
If anyone wants to buy that missed out on the group buy, then here it is, just make sure you have a base model.

Email me at [email protected], paypal ready

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
So I've tried everything I could to get this to work in my 2015 Premium. Here is the list of problems. There are just the ones of I know of.

1. No audio
2. No backup cam
3. No tach
4. Drive mode toggle turn AC fan to max, toggle again turns it off. Again turns it on. I don't get it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ih7k6a4cd5a2k9/Premium Cables what are these for.JPG?dl=0

Unused cables

All used wires

Can someone provide me with the contact info of the distributor. Maybe he can assist me to get this working.

So unless anybody has any suggestions, I'm putting this up for sale for $620 plus $10 shipping. I will also list it in the classified section.

I believe the unit works, there are just clear issues with Premium models. I have worked with RVK and he got audio to work, but seems the backup cam still doesn't work. That is still not acceptable to me. I was so exciting to get this thing in my car, but now I have nothing. None of the other Android stereos works with Premium model cars. This blows. I have some lame ass Sync 2 with no Nav and I can't even find an upgrade. I would have bought a 2016 if I would have known how horrible these Sync 2 units are.

If anyone wants to buy that missed out on the group buy, then here it is, just make sure you have a base model.

I don't have a premium but let me tell you something about how the base model works... That cable in the middle should connect to a small little black box that came with it. That latch thing is the backup camera from the screen. Not sure if the premium has that though... Now to get the gauges working you'll need the last cable that's on that picture. It's made to get the gauge working properly with the first cable on the left.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a premium but let me tell you something about how the base model works... That cable in the middle should connect to a small little black box that came with it. That latch thing is the backup camera from the screen. Not sure if the premium has that though... Now to get the gauges working you'll need the last cable that's on that picture. It's made to get the gauge working properly with the first cable on the left.
None of this applies to the Premium.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1. No audio
2. No backup cam
3. No tach

Unused cables

All used wires

If you take that loose orange wire at the bottom (that goes to the white plug, not the one that's next to the black one) and touch it to the green/black-stripe cable from the 14-pin video cable, your camera should come up. Can you confirm if that works as expected or if it's garbled and craps out after a few seconds?

Try e-mailing Liu Chaoren at [email protected] for some assistance with the audio. Your cables might be messed up somehow (their quality control isn't awesome...)

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. The model received didn't even come with a black box.
You actually have the new revision, though. Once I get that one as a replacement for my faulty first revision, I'll install it as well and see if we can figure out how to solve the issues. It'll likely be a few weeks, however. My return shipment is in China as of today, so hopefully he'll ship out the replacement sometime next week.
Sponsored