Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I came out of my cave to say, those aren't valid DHL Tracking/Waybill Numbers.
Sun light and better :D I told the seller they didn't work on DHL... He said to wait a little until it updates. I remember we had that issue with mine. I'm waiting on his reply (He usually text me around 10PM CDT) if nothing is done I will start a PayPal claim tonight :paddle:
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Sun light and better :D I told the seller they didn't work on DHL... He said to wait a little until it updates. I remember we had that issue with mine. I'm waiting on his reply (He usually text me around 10PM CDT) if nothing is done I will start a PayPal claim tonight :paddle:

Yeah, maybe he just printed labels and hasn't sent them, or they're en route.

I don't like it out here. I came out just to check my email to find the VA has denied my claim, so I will pretty much be stuck with nerve damage for life... Going back to my hole now.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Yeah, maybe he just printed labels and hasn't sent them, or they're en route.

I don't like it out here. I came out just to check my email to find the VA has denied my claim, so I will pretty much be stuck with nerve damage for life... Going back to my hole now.
I texted you earlier. Keep me updated of what happened. I remember you told me about it. I know you don't wanna stay too much around :ninja::cheers:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Here is a follow up to the mirroring video. This shows the One Launcher, and some of the operating features and issues.

Great video. Those fingerprints tho :(

I wonder if there are already precut screen protectors out there that would work on this. Would definitely help with fingerprints.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I texted you earlier. Keep me updated of what happened. I remember you told me about it. I know you don't wanna stay too much around :ninja::cheers:
Oh, I uninstalled WhatsApp, but you can text my cell at the same number.

Great video. Those fingerprints tho :(

I wonder if there are already precut screen protectors out there that would work on this. Would definitely help with fingerprints.
There are already screen protectors on them.

Sponsored

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
For those that have installed the unit, replacing the premium radio, I have a quick question. Just received my unit, yesterday. build date is 3/29/2017, so it's fresh out of the oven.

I pulled the factory screen and cluster, pulled the factory brain and factory CD player. Plugged all the factory cables into the new unit and all is fine, steering wheel controls work, unit powers up, was able to attach my phone via Bluetooth. My problem is no audio through any option. I can see the EQ dancing when in Bluetooth audio so I know it's receiving a signal but no noise. Not even static. Almost like the amps aren't powering on. I've checked both the amp and sub amp fuses, they're good. Is there something from I'm missing? I ordered direct from the manufacturer and there were no instructions included. Although seems all plugs only plug in one way and into one spot.

TIA for he help,
Jason

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
For those that have installed the unit, replacing the premium radio, I have a quick question. Just received my unit, yesterday. build date is 3/29/2017, so it's fresh out of the oven.

I pulled the factory screen and cluster, pulled the factory brain and factory CD player. Plugged all the factory cables into the new unit and all is fine, steering wheel controls work, unit powers up, was able to attach my phone via Bluetooth. My problem is no audio through any option. I can see the EQ dancing when in Bluetooth audio so I know it's receiving a signal but no noise. Not even static. Almost like the amps aren't powering on. I've checked both the amp and sub amp fuses, they're good. Is there something from I'm missing? I ordered direct from the manufacturer and there were no instructions included. Although seems all plugs only plug in one way and into one spot.

TIA for he help,
Jason
Do you have the Premium cables or the Base cables? Easiest way to tell is if you hooked up both of the plugs at the bottom that plugged into the CD-player unit you had, or if one is just hanging loose.

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
Although my harness doesn't look identical to the one in your link, I've confirmed that I have the premium harness, as both factory plugs have been plugged into the back of the Tesla unit. The manufacturer also confirmed which radio I had before shipping the unit. I'm truly baffled, I can't see any harness that I missed. There is a loose harness with a single red wire running off of it, from the tesla harness that isn't plugged into anything. Is that possibly the issue?

Jason

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Although my harness doesn't look identical to the one in your link, I've confirmed that I have the premium harness, as both factory plugs have been plugged into the back of the Tesla unit. The manufacturer also confirmed which radio I had before shipping the unit. I'm truly baffled, I can't see any harness that I missed. There is a loose harness with a single red wire running off of it, from the tesla harness that isn't plugged into anything. Is that possibly the issue?

Jason
I am not sure who it was that said it or where it was said as the Tesla Head Unit threads are fairly long but, I have seen it said a couple times at least.

"Found the problem, it just needed to be plugged in just a little bit more even though it looked to be plugged in all the way"

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
I've doubled and just went out and triple checked and everything is firmly plugged in. Which harness would be the one with amplifier and speaker wires? I assume the bottom plug in the top right corner when looking at the back of the unit?

If it helps I'm
Model: rkpx3
Android version: 4.4.4
Kerbal Version: 3.0.36+
Build Number: rkpx3-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
What am I supposed to do with this. Im scared to rip apart my car without knowing where the hell all these wires go. I've seen some very basic instructions, but is there an actual wiring diagram? This is going in a Premium GT and Patrick was kind enough to send me the needed wiring harness. There are just so many loose connections. HELP!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvtd8pcxswweazi/20170407_161036.jpg?dl=0

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've doubled and just went out and triple checked and everything is firmly plugged in. Which harness would be the one with amplifier and speaker wires? I assume the bottom plug in the top right corner when looking at the back of the unit?

If it helps I'm
Model: rkpx3
Android version: 4.4.4
Kerbal Version: 3.0.36+
Build Number: rkpx3-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q
I think I'm the only one with a Premium that did an install and I had the first revision (which I had to ship back, because the A/C board is busted). I'll get a replacement (second revision) soon, but in my initial install, audio worked with just the two big connectors at the bottom (that connected to the original CD player) hooked up and the large one up top (with the grey hook thing that swings around the plug).

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What am I supposed to do with this. Im scared to rip apart my car without knowing where the hell all these wires go. I've seen some very basic instructions, but is there an actual wiring diagram? This is going in a Premium GT and Patrick was kind enough to send me the needed wiring harness. There are just so many loose connections. HELP!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvtd8pcxswweazi/20170407_161036.jpg?dl=0
All the connectors just plug into one connector (physically) in your car, so you can't really mess up there. Make sure you connect that white connector (just to the right of the screen in your picture) to the black box that came with your cables. Also, the yellow RCA in your picture that's not connected (closest to your screen) should connect to the one where you currently have that other camera connected (not in the picture). I couldn't get the reverse cam to work properly, but it might have been my unit that was busted.

The micro-USB cable you have won't work as-is on a Premium model. You can either hack away at the end of the cable, so you can fit your single micro-USB from the car into that end, or solder your own cable to the brown connector, that goes to the one in your car.

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
I think I'm the only one with a Premium that did an install and I had the first revision (which I had to ship back, because the A/C board is busted). I'll get a replacement (second revision) soon, but in my initial install, audio worked with just the two big connectors at the bottom (that connected to the original CD player) hooked up and the large one up top (with the grey hook thing that swings around the plug).
Well darn... I've emailed them and will see what I get back. I just went out and quadruple checked the harnesses and all are plugged in, good. What did you plug the loose plug into that is labeled CAN and has one red wire split into two pins, into? I've attached a pic of the harness I'm talking about. Wondering if I need to throw 12v to this. There's no matching factory harness for this one.
mMQIdl6zI2qN1Jtao2jx8hL16l_Yx_UL8PwByRyU9GvKjequZm5_CvOAq0PfDbmYCckLVFsSZw4u7YWb_uJ=w477-h635-no.png

As for radio, as far as I can tell, everything works with acception of speakers. LOL

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well darn... I've emailed them and will see what I get back. I just went out and quadruple checked the harnesses and all are plugged in, good. What did you plug the loose plug into that is labeled CAN and has one red wire split into two pins, into?

As for radio, as far as I can tell, everything works with acception of speakers.
You mean the one I labeled "Auxiliary output cable" on the wiki? That one's used in the base model only, you don't connect it in a Premium (the CAN bus cable on the wiki under Premium cables is the cable with the same plug for Premium).
Sponsored