Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Technically he does 560 without shipping but it's $620 shipped. TBH I don't know why he added 20 more than he charged you. I think he based his price on what he did to Patrick and just give me a BS about $560 and 620 shipped... If I get more people to buy I'll negotiate more with him to lower the price. I think it's because for now I only have 4 people. He asked me 8 but it's still a lot for 8. I might cut off at 5 units...

Well if he does meet the $600 shipped that he told me or beats it with the group buy then I'll sign up for the group buy with you guys
Sponsored

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How? I have the Local Nav turned off, opened up google maps, rebooted entirely, and it still doesn't show up in the list of apps I can pick from for the Nav button. It never has. Only app that's there is the Boot Screen Changing app, since I uninstalled the chinese nav app.

Same as when I click the Apps button on the top bar. It doesn't show the app store, or anything else but that default boot screen app. I have to go through the file manager every time to get to the rest of the apps I downloaded.
most of my apps show up in the "Desktop Apps". Google Maps was the only one giving a problem. So after rooting the unit I tried what [MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] told us to do and that got me going. which kinda leaves me wondering if the units that were shipped with 5.1.1 have the permissions set differently. :shrug:

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Technically he does 560 without shipping but it's $620 shipped. TBH I don't know why he added 20 more than he charged you. I think he based his price on what he did to Patrick and just give me a BS about $560 and 620 shipped... If I get more people to buy I'll negotiate more with him to lower the price. I think it's because for now I only have 4 people. He asked me 8 but it's still a lot for 8. I might cut off at 5 units...

Also the originally $620 shipped is what Patrick said he would do for one individual unit through PayPal. The seller even confirmed this which is when I negotiated down to $600 flat. If we're doing a group buy then he should do a much lower price shipped. I can post the screenshots if that helps.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Also the originally $620 shipped is what Patrick said he would do for one individual unit through PayPal. The seller even confirmed this which is when I negotiated down to $600 flat. If we're doing a group buy then he should do a much lower price shipped. I can post the screenshots if that helps.
I believe you man, I can show you the text messages and emails of our conversations if you'd like too lol. I'm sure if I get more than 5 units I'll get him down the price easier.

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
If my understanding is correct, we also have to pay for a 2nd shipment in a group buy from the official buyers house. Therefore, I feel the price has to be $560 shipped or else we are all better off buying individually.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my understanding is correct, we also have to pay for a 2nd shipment in a group buy from the official buyers house. Therefore, I feel the price has to be $560 shipped or else we are all better off buying individually.
I'll check with him if he's ready to lower more. So far only 4 units I doubt he will do something about it... Like you said. It might be better to buy it individually.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
First, go to stangatx.tk and follow the procedure to update the system to the latest Feb 2017 Update if needed.
This may be confusing some people. There are only instructions on how to root the device, not on how to apply the Jan/Feb update.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may be confusing some people. There are only instructions on how to root the device, not on how to apply the Jan/Feb update.
Tutorial will be on tomorrow :)

PS: It's pretty simple. Just extract that update.img to a usbkey formated in Fat32 and boot up your unit. once it's booted insert the usb key and wait a little bit... It should prompt a message to install the update. As soon as the update is done. Wait for the headunit to reboot and when you're on the main screen unplug the usb key before it reflash the unit again lol.

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I know how to do it, I'm actually getting a drive ready to run the Jan update. I could make a long boring video of the update to help. Lol

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know how to do it, I'm actually getting a drive ready to run the Jan update. I could make a long boring video of the update to help. Lol
Checking up the files it seems that the update shouldn't take more than 3-5mins. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Got google maps working! Apparently just installing the Nova Launcher does something, since my other apps now appear in the main launcher's app list. Didn't need to root yet or anything. Also changed the hvac to F.

Ok, so now that I've had more time to mess with it, a few more questions:

How did you get the phone link to work? Whenever I try I just get the screen below. Is there an app I need to have on my phone as well? While it's trying to connect on the unit, Drive Mode launches on the phone, but then the headunit errors out. It's a Pixel running 7.1.1.

Is there a way to just get screen mirroring from the phone?

Has anyone installed Spotify on this thing?

Also I occasionally get this error that pops up "com.estrongs.android.pop has stopped". Only happens maybe every 4th or 5th time that I turn the unit on.

Now that the hvac is in F, anyone else notice that the temps between the driver and passenger side don't always match when you hit the + or -? They'll get off by around a degree when you're changing them. Dual is of course off. You can see it in the 3rd pic below of the error.

FYI, below is also the system info that this unit shipped with. I haven't done any of the upgrades from Stang's site yet.
2017-03-08 18.36.54.jpg
2017-03-08 18.38.12.jpg
2017-03-08 18.41.07.jpg

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got google maps working! Apparently just installing the Nova Launcher does something, since my other apps now appear in the main launcher's app list. Didn't need to root yet or anything. Also changed the hvac to F.

Ok, so now that I've had more time to mess with it, a few more questions:

How did you get the phone link to work? Whenever I try I just get the screen below. Is there an app I need to have on my phone as well? While it's trying to connect on the unit, Drive Mode launches on the phone, but then the headunit errors out. It's a Pixel running 7.1.1.

Is there a way to just get screen mirroring from the phone?

Has anyone installed Spotify on this thing?

Also I occasionally get this error that pops up "com.estrongs.android.pop has stopped". Only happens maybe every 4th or 5th time that I turn the unit on.

Now that the hvac is in F, anyone else notice that the temps between the driver and passenger side don't always match when you hit the + or -? They'll get off by around a degree when you're changing them. Dual is of course off. You can see it in the 3rd pic below of the error.

FYI, below is also the system info that this unit shipped with. I haven't done any of the upgrades from Stang's site yet.

I have the same system info as well. Also com.estrongs.android.pop is the recycle bin in the Es file Explorer app. Empty the recycle bin to delete these files. You can also disable the recycle bin in app's setting to stop this happening again.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Ive also noticed the temp will differ between the driver side and passenger side. When increasing or decreasing the temp, the passenger side will step up/down by .9 degrees, while the driver side stays the same. If you increase/decrease the temp one more time, they will both show the same temp. I wonder if that's how this unit compensates for all the knob click points the stock HVAC control has

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Here's a video of updating the unit to Jan2017. I just got done with doing the Feb2017 update. The speed does now display in MPH, but the gauge still shows KMH. That is correct, right?

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]w5YUz1Em-N0[/MEDIA]"]

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
Tutorial will be on tomorrow :)

PS: It's pretty simple. Just extract that update.img to a usbkey formated in Fat32 and boot up your unit. once it's booted insert the usb key and wait a little bit... It should prompt a message to install the update. As soon as the update is done. Wait for the headunit to reboot and when you're on the main screen unplug the usb key before it reflash the unit again lol.
Standing by for the video. I have downloaded the Jan2017 and Feb2017 updates from the firmware directory and the BTSuite_FIXED_AND_RESIGNED_FINAL.apk files from the Tesla's APK Manager.

I finally got the HU installed complete with the PP wiring fix. Works as expected with the exception of my front camera. Can't seem to figure out where to plug that in. I've tried all the yellow RCA jacks and can get it to work when I plug it into the ACC but NOT the front camera selection. Discovered it shipped with 5.1.1. I keep seeing mentions of a new launcher but I don't know what that is. I am hoping the fixes will give me the Google Play Store so I can get a real NAV in English.
Sponsored