PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Ditto for me except I've NEVER done anything like this and after reading the forum, I'm even more scared. I'm still not 100% sure of the exact order of things to do to upgrade/update my new system. A step-by-step from beginning to end would would certainly ease my anxiety about the operation.
The first thing ANYONE should do is confirm their current Software Version/Build. There are currently 4 builds.

4.4.4 V1
4.4.4 V2
5.1.1 January Update
5.1.1 February Update

I don't have the exact build numbers for them, but if people will send pics of theirs, it will help.

Settings, More Settings, Scroll to bottom, "About Device" and take a picture of that screen.

We can put together a How-To that covers all versions, and how to get to the latest (it appears they have to be done in order) and once that's done, there is already a how-to on the StangATX site on rooting, and the first post in this thread covers updating APK's
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Im still interested in any groupby if someone can confirm it works in the GT350 with the 4 inch screen.

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
Is there any update on the group buy? You

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm out of this game completely. Sending parts to those who already requested them, and officially leaving the development and support circle. Good luck guys.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I downloaded one of those translator apps to figure out what some of these menus/options were in Chinese. Under the "Touchkey LE(earn?)" menu, there are a bunch of Chinese options. I pushed the 1st option and it reads "Power are learning, please touch to learn the region". I tried pushing a steering wheel control, but nothing happened. I clicked on that Clear button and all my selections below the main heading turned red. So SOMETHING was assigned to be " power" and I cleared it (nothing broke). I wonder if this is where a person would be able assign a power button? Maybe it was looking for a keystroke from a USB keyboard in order to assign a button? Just a thought.

Sponsored

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Im still interested in any groupby if someone can confirm it works in the GT350 with the 4 inch screen.
There is a pol pertaining to the group buyl that was put up a few pages ago by Mustang ATX. If you can't find it I will copy and paste later tonight.

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Website has been updated! Check on top right. There's a poll about the next group buy. I need to know how many of you guys are interested in the next group buy!

Actually just follow this. And it's StangATX . Apologies.

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
I have the unit installed in the car and will now need to begin the upgrade/root/stuf***es you spoke of to move forward.

Not sure how to access the center console USB port. The front one shows activity, but I don't know how to access it via the HU to play the music stored there.

Not knowing this also raises the question of how I will install/root/upgrade the unit if I don't have access to that port.

I did discover that the unit is running 5.1.1

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the unit installed in the car and will now need to begin the upgrade/root/stuf***es you spoke of to move forward.

Not sure how to access the center console USB port. The front one shows activity, but I don't know how to access it via the HU to play the music stored there.

Not knowing this also raises the question of how I will install/root/upgrade the unit if I don't have access to that port.

I did discover that the unit is running 5.1.1
When you plug in the USB drive, sometimes it takes a minute or two to discover it. Does the USB drive have LED's on it that light up when it's plugged in to a computer? If it does, and they aren't lighting up, then you may not have the USB cable tight in the back.

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
When you plug in the USB drive, sometimes it takes a minute or two to discover it. Does the USB drive have LED's on it that light up when it's plugged in to a computer? If it does, and they aren't lighting up, then you may not have the USB cable tight in the back.
The front one lights up, but the console one does not. Where would I find access to it from the HU to see the contents on the USB drive?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front one lights up, but the console one does not. Where would I find access to it from the HU to see the contents on the USB drive?
If it's not lighting up in the console, then it's not connected. You need to pull the HE screen back out and check the 2 USB connections again.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Also, lesson learned. Don't ask your teenage daughter to open your packages, because a delivery from Adam & Eve may show up on the same day. That was super awkward.
Fk'n LOL:lol:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
HOLY S**T....I don't know how I missed that! LMFAO!!!:D
Sponsored