Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I'm trying to get info on the I-5 unit, but since I can't access their page at work, I have to rely on email alone. What do they call it on their page?

Also, here is the red unit.

red.JPG
looks like a good match for race red. do you know if the color is molded into the plastic or whatever the term is, or just painted on the surface.

thanks

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
The boot picture has to be 768x1024 to be used on the unit. I'm trying to find a decent picture to use, but all the good ones are landscape (1024x768) So if anyone comes across anything, or has ideas, let me know! If you get a good Portrait-oriented picture of your car and want it to be the boot screen, that's very doable.
I use this right click tool to resize my pix to a specific size. Is there a way or going to be a way for the end user to change the images?

http://download.cnet.com/Image-Resizer-for-Windows/3000-12511_4-75937402.html

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The boot image, I believe so.
Hmmm so the main wallpaper will have to stay whatever it is. As in we would have an orange mustang/calendar/spedo/tack?

Possibility of just swapping out the file in the system folder to change the main wallpaper? Not sure how much people would like an orange mustang displayed all the time unless they have an orange mustang LOL.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm so the main wallpaper will have to stay whatever it is. As in we would have an orange mustang/calendar/spedo/tack?

Possibility of just swapping out the file in the system folder to change the main wallpaper? Not sure how much people would like an orange mustang displayed all the time unless they have an orange mustang LOL.

That's not wallpaper, that's an active display. I'm working on a way to eliminate that. It all takes time though. In fact, you never see the wallpaper on the unit.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/AT
I'm going to ask them to put me in touch with their support people, and try to finagle the recovery rom from them, but I'm not holding my breath.
Let me know what you find out from them. What's the price point on your system and where can I purchase?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know what you find out from them. What's the price point on your system and where can I purchase?
It's not "my" system, I just order it directly from a manufacturer in China, and the last group buy was $620/unit and this round looks like it will be $600/unit (unless they pick a custom color,) shipped directly to the purchaser.

If I get the software from I-5, I'll test it immediately (there's a possibility they're using different hardware) but if it DOES work, I'll definitely spread the joy.

Sponsored

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
It's not "my" system, I just order it directly from a manufacturer in China, and the last group buy was $620/unit and this round looks like it will be $600/unit (unless they pick a custom color,) shipped directly to the purchaser.

If I get the software from I-5, I'll test it immediately (there's a possibility they're using different hardware) but if it DOES work, I'll definitely spread the joy.
Definitely want to try their software and compare. Hopefully you have better luck with them then I did.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely want to try their software and compare. Hopefully you have better luck with them then I did.

Well, I may not have been completely honest with them in my email, but unless we can find someone who has already purchased one, it's the only route we've got.

Jknapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO v6 Mustang
Something like this would be cool for a boot picture