PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
So, I've been emailing some more and there is no solution for the single USB cable problem. Our options would be:

1. Only connect one of the two USB cables from the base cable set, resulting in one non-functioning USB port
2. He will send me a cable that has two female USB connections that go into the unit with the brown connector. This gives two usable connections, but you obviously can't get the armrest connection to work

The single USB connection issue is resolved with the Premium installation cables.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you know? He told me he doesn't have different USB cables. Only the "power line for Mustang Hi". I did the translate to Chinese thing as you suggested and that helped.
I'll tell ya what, since you're so inclined to keep contacting him for something I'm already actively working on (and posting updates as soon as I get them) feel free to take it over. Too many hands in the damn cookie jar, and it's going to create the same situation as having a shit ton of websites covering the same information, or 5 different people trying to negotiate prices... Whatever, I'm out. Good luck.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'll tell ya what, since you're so inclined to keep contacting him for something I'm already actively working on (and posting updates as soon as I get them) feel free to take it over. Too many hands in the damn cookie jar, and it's going to create the same situation as having a shit ton of websites covering the same information, or 5 different people trying to negotiate prices... Whatever, I'm out. Good luck.
Chill, man. I'm trying to clarify something with him, so you don't have to. No need to get worked up about it. He's sending you the Premium cables, I'm not asking him about that.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
So, I've been emailing some more and there is no solution for the single USB cable problem. Our options would be:

1. Only connect one of the two USB cables from the base cable set, resulting in one non-functioning USB port
2. He will send me a cable that has two female USB connections that go into the unit with the brown connector. This gives two usable connections, but you obviously can't get the armrest connection to work
If only one cable is going into the main unit that means there is a USB hub somewhere which means if you just plug in 1 cable it should allow for two ports to work.

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
He just told me he'd send the cables next week.

Looks like I'm gonna lose another week before I am able to install it. I hope he plans on sending them directly to us that are waiting on them instead of you having to deal with that. I'm a little frustrated at this point. :mad:

Thanks for keeping me posted Patrick, I appreciate it.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If only one cable is going into the main unit that means there is a USB hub somewhere which means if you just plug in 1 cable it should allow for two ports to work.
In theory, the problem is the plastic parts interfere with one another and the plug doesn't fit either end of the standard cable by default. I'll figure it out and will report back when I know the solution.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I'm gonna lose another week before I am able to install it. I hope he plans on sending them directly to us that are waiting on them instead of you having to deal with that. I'm a little frustrated at this point. :mad:

Thanks for keeping me posted Patrick, I appreciate it.
He's sending them to Patrick I believe.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for keeping me posted Patrick, I appreciate.
He's sending them directly to me, unless RVK made other arrangements I'm unaware of.

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Again, chill, I'm not interfering with anything you're doing.
Patrick's point is that only one person should be talking to this guy in China, otherwise conflicting messages and promises will lead to a lot of confusion and further delays as is already happening. Trust me, I see it weekly dealing with my suppliers in Asia. The language barrier is huge both in actual words and interpretation of words.

All Patrick was saying is if you want to talk to him, you will be the single point of contact and he will stop communicating with him in order to not cause any confusion on China's end.

So do you want to be the single point of contact, or do you want Patrick to be?

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patrick's point is that only one person should be talking to this guy in China, otherwise conflicting messages and promises will lead to a lot of confusion and further delays as is already happening. Trust me, I see it weekly dealing with my suppliers in Asia. The language barrier is huge both in actual words and interpretation of words.

All Patrick was saying is if you want to talk to him, you will be the single point of contact and he will stop communicating with him in order to not cause any confusion on China's end.

So do you want to be the single point of contact, or do you want Patrick to be?
I understand what you're saying, here's the thing: Patrick doesn't have a Premium, I do. Rather than explaining things to Patrick, who then explains things to the supplier, it's both quicker and clearer if I do that directly. Not only does it save Patrick time, but the turnaround is faster as I can directly respond to questions, provide pictures, etc.

For things like negotiating prices, getting general info, etc. I 100% agree it would cause confusion. For this, ot's probably less confusing AND faster.

Not trying to be a dick, but there's no reason for hostility. I appreciate all that Patrick and StangATX are doing.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have to own a premium to know what the wiring harness looks like...
In general, no, but tiny details like the plastic cover of the USB connection in the Premium not matching up with the connector in the cable they provided can be missed if you don't have access to the unit directly.
Sponsored