Official Resonator Delete Thread

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Steeda H pipe. Start up is killer, even in quiet mode. No drone on the highway and, I can listen to music in normal mode w/o issue. I can even drive in sport for hours w/o issue. Track is a blast around town coming off stoplights. :rockon: :inlove:

Just ordered a Steeda H pipe!!
Sponsored

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Love my damn Steeda H-pipe.

Changed nothing else on the exhaust and have zero need to do so...
People tell me all the time how good it sounds; and it's not obnoxious, so the neighbors don't hate me.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Love my damn Steeda H-pipe.

Changed nothing else on the exhaust and have zero need to do so...
People tell me all the time how good it sounds; and it's not obnoxious, so the neighbors don't hate me.
Oh they hate you alright, but not for your exhaust. They hate you because they want your car šŸ¤Ŗ

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
1632627373736.png

Sponsored

Stormspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Corsa Double Helixx here! One of the first mods I did.

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Put the Lethal Performance x-pipe on a while ago. Absolutely love it. Everything from the construction to picking it up from their shop. Great group of people and they are enthusiasts themselves. The rez delete gave me exactly what I hoped for. Someone on this thread said it right, watching a video does not do the sound justice. Perfect sound at any speed and ZERO drone.

I took it one step further and for $60 (at the time) installed the GrimmSpeed Exhaust Valve Simulators. They arenā€™t for everyone since it tricks your exhaust to stay open 24/7/365. I love the exhaust staying open in 6th gear, and once again, ZERO drone even cruising at 90. Been driving around with the back seats folded down and it is euphoric. Donā€™t get me started on the cold start.. Iā€™ve got good relations with my neighbors which is helpful when I start it up on weekend mornings headed for work. Oh, and no CELā€™s have popped up after 10,000ish miles. And the great news too is if your neighbors begin gathering signatures on your behalf, just unplug the simulator and pop back in the harness. No wire cutting necessary. 10/10 would recommend.:thumbsup:

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
People have mentioned purchasing an extension pigtail for the exhaust valve plugs. Where can I find these? I have the Grimmspeed modules but Iā€™d like easier access to plugging them in (I use them for the opposite reason - keep the valves closed to pass sound check at a local track, even tho it sounds like garbage).

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
There's a thread for this over on trackmustangsonline.com, but here's the relevant info on the pigtails.....

FR3Z 14A411 H Drivers Side
FR3Z 14A411 J Passenger Side

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ultimate in resonator delete - original R take-off exhaust. I posted this on my build thread, but wanted to share my find here for people considering deleting their resonators, especially in this time of ever-escalating values of unmolested cars.

I found this on Facebook Marketplace. A shop owner removed it for a friend who had a 2017 Hennessy with around 800 miles on it and they were swapping to a Borla. It then sat around his shop for nearly five years collecting dust before he put it up for sale.

Best part - $400 bucks! For not much more than the popular delete pipes, this allows me to preserve (or sell) the original exhaust.

R Exhaust.jpg

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
The ultimate in resonator delete - original R take-off exhaust. I posted this on my build thread, but wanted to share my find here for people considering deleting their resonators, especially in this time of ever-escalating values of unmolested cars.

I found this on Facebook Marketplace. A shop owner removed it for a friend who had a 2017 Hennessy with around 800 miles on it and they were swapping to a Borla. It then sat around his shop for nearly five years collecting dust before he put it up for sale.

Best part - $400 bucks! For not much more than the popular delete pipes, this allows me to preserve (or sell) the original exhaust.

R Exhaust.jpg
Probably would cost that much to have it "crated up", then shipped by a truck line....
Great Score !

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably would cost that much to have it "crated up", then shipped by a truck line....
Great Score !
Good point - this one was just 20 miles or so from home.

And, I can verify that a full one-piece exhaust will fit inside a Toyota 4Runner!

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I'm debating. I'll have my shop weld in the pipes instead of buying the prefab pipes.