Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
After driving around for a month I did the resonator delete. As other have said it is loud as crap with the valves open in an awesome rip your face off sort of way. With the valves closed I struggle to hear a difference as compared to pre-delete. This is a fantastic mod and I would definitely do it again.

Sponsored

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My car is saying delivered in 9 days...I have the 6gr wheels and resinator delete scheduled as soon as she arrives. Does the delete cause any lights on the dash or code errors?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Mine come off this Saturday! Can't wait :clap2:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did you find a shop near DC? My car arrives in 3 weeks. Think we met at C&C Dulles before. My current ride is a white 2015 GTPP.
Yes, I found Midas in Chantilly will do for 150ish. Have to get my own 409 stainless though. Ebay has 5' with 3" O/D. I think its around $50.

Behind the IHOP on 50 near 28.
:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Yes, I found Midas in Chantilly will do for 150ish. Have to get my own 409 stainless though. Ebay has 5' with 3" O/D. I think its around $50.

Behind the IHOP on 50 near 28.
:cheers:
Be careful. There are a lot of places that are unable to weld SS. I went through 5 places before I found a shop that was able to weld SS. I'd also question why they don't have SS pipe in stock. That tells me they don't do much, if any of this type of work. I'd investigate further.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Is removing the exhaust pretty straight-forward? Any tips or tricks I should know about before removing?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Be careful. There are a lot of places that are unable to weld SS. I went through 5 places before I found a shop that was able to weld SS. I'd also question why they don't have SS pipe in stock. That tells me they don't do much, if any of this type of work. I'd investigate further.
Thanks. I passed on two places for that very reason. :cheers:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I posted this in another thread a while back, but here it is again if anybody's interested.

One thing that I've noticed now that it's been a couple of months is that it has gotten a little louder. I guess the fiberglass in the muffler has "broken in" for lack of a better term and it's definitely got more volume than it did when I first installed it. For me, it's perfect. At least until I get LT headers... :)

MAV said:
Did the resonator delete...sort of. This is a Magnaflow 11386 X-pipe muffler. I've used it in a couple of other cars I've owned. I wanted to try it with the FPC to see if I could get similar results. Please ignore the welds - I'm no welder! You can't really see it in the pics, but I reused the factory resonator heat shield, and just tack welded it to the top of the muffler in the front and back.

I will tell you this mod isn't for everybody. The car is not as loud as stock. In sport mode with the mod, I would say the volume is about two-thirds between normal and sport on a stock GT350. In normal mode, it sounds like your grandmother's Crown Victoria. The fact is, you could probably get away with a muffler delete with this mod and be just fine.

However, there is ZERO rasp in the exhaust note. It is as smooth as silk. This is the sound I was looking for (personally speaking), so I'm happy with the results, even if it is just a touch quieter than I would have liked. I think this would be the perfect mod to go along with cat-delete mid pipe installation, as I've heard folks talk about how much louder the car is without cats.

Eventually, I'll go with a full long-tube header system, but for now, I'm happy with the current setup.
Attached Images
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

Mrc5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Anyone in the Chicagoland area have this done? Need a reccomendation.
Sponsored