Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I had my resonators removed this week. Cost me $163 for 409 stainless at Mandrel Bending Solutions in Pasadena, MD.

http://mandrelbendingsolutions.com/

They didn't carry 2.75" so they used 3" and necked it down. The car sounds awesome.
Sponsored

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 350 back in May.... No signs of progress yet... Anyway, does anybody know if this delete will create issues with passing DEQ /smog when it comes time? Just curious.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I ordered my 350 back in May.... No signs of progress yet... Anyway, does anybody know if this delete will create issues with passing DEQ /smog when it comes time? Just curious.
It won't affect it in any way. It is purely for sound. :cheers:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
My understanding is the xpipe necks down to 2.25". For that reason, I felt the 2.5" was fine.

Mine is crazy loud now with a lot more rasp and pops. I wish I had done it sooner.

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Gray GT350R
Just had the resonators deleted and the X pipe upgraded...all I can say is RUN and do this mod you won't regret it. $150 total and took the guy 24 mins to complete the job. He has been fabricating custom mufflers for over 20 years so this was a snap for him. Sounds amazing I can't believe I waited 5 months to do this.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just had the resonators deleted and the X pipe upgraded...all I can say is RUN and do this mod you won't regret it. $150 total and took the guy 24 mins to complete the job. He has been fabricating custom mufflers for over 20 years so this was a snap for him. Sounds amazing I can't believe I waited 5 months to do this.
Going to get another quote tomorrow. What are the details of your delete and upgrade? what grade/size stainless? Which X pipe you use? What is the added benefit of the upgraded X pipe?

Thanks.
:cheers:

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I'm thinking of going for it... anyone in the Montreal area that did this so I could listen to it live? videos are hard to gage...

mks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for the same information. I'm looking for Mandrel Bending Solutions to do the resonator delete pipes and x-pipes.

Going to get another quote tomorrow. What are the details of your delete and upgrade? what grade/size stainless? Which X pipe you use? What is the added benefit of the upgraded X pipe?

Thanks.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I'm on the fence about this (and maybe going full exhaust upgrade) because one of the only car that was blackflagged for noise the last lapping day I went was a GT350R. I was following him and I was OK. Noise is good, but if it limits the track time I get then it's bad!

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Looking for the same information. I'm looking for Mandrel Bending Solutions to do the resonator delete pipes and x-pipes.

They did my resonator delete and I'm talking with them now about a cut and clamp x-pipe and resonator delete. The problem is they only work in 2.5" or 3" pipes. The OEM exhaust is 2.5" to the x-pipe and necks down 2.375 at the x-pipe and back up to 2.75" at the resonator. It would be really interesting to know why Ford restricted flow at the x-pipe.

We talked about 2.5" through the x-pipe then 3" necking back down to 2.75" where the resonators were. Right now I just have a 3" pipe where the resonators were necking down to 2.375 on the x-pipe end and 2.75" on the other end. It sounds great, but I'd like the extra flow.

mks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Like you, I'd prefer the 2.5 x-pipe solution if they can make it work. I'm hoping to talk them this week and will let them know I'm interested in the same configuration. In any case, thanks for sharing the data--very helpful in making an informed decision.

They did my resonator delete and I'm talking with them now about a cut and clamp x-pipe and resonator delete. The problem is they only work in 2.5" or 3" pipes. The OEM exhaust is 2.5" to the x-pipe and necks down 2.375 at the x-pipe and back up to 2.75" at the resonator. It would be really interesting to know why Ford restricted flow at the x-pipe.

We talked about 2.5" through the x-pipe then 3" necking back down to 2.75" where the resonators were. Right now I just have a 3" pipe where the resonators were necking down to 2.375 on the x-pipe end and 2.75" on the other end. It sounds great, but I'd like the extra flow.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Was contemplating the delete but couldn't bring myself to cut my stock system. Ended up just ordering the stock R catback.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Was contemplating the delete but couldn't bring myself to cut my stock system. Ended up just ordering the stock R catback.

That had to bd pricey

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse