Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Safe travels @Postal Bob !! I’m heading down Wednesday myself for the Thursday & Friday class.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Was at the racing school today for a preview of tomorrow's event. Looked around the garage at all the GT350 and 500's. Then went to the back of the track to watch some of the GT500 class going around the track.
Then they had the reception dinner at the Speedway club overlooking the track. There were a couple of Nascar cars doing practice laps.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Was at the racing school today for a preview of tomorrow's event. Looked around the garage at all the GT350 and 500's. Then went to the back of the track to watch some of the GT500 class going around the track.
Then they had the reception dinner at the Speedway club overlooking the track. There were a couple of Nascar cars doing practice laps.
Very cool!

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Having second thoughts on the camera/video package.....
Yay or Nay?
Going for the 2 day class if that makes a difference....

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yay or Nay?
I watched mine one when I got back and that was it. Was cool to look back at some moments and see how I improved

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
Yay or Nay?
Honestly, I think I've watched the footage once or twice ever since I got home. Of course, mine was a wet and slow Track Attack, so there's not much I can get out of the video other than the atmosphere of the day. I would still take the option, even if I knew that everything would play out the same way. Traveling from Canada during this pandemic isn't cheap , so in-car video wasn't a huge extra cost.

But if you've got a good GoPro that you can set up inside your car in less than a minute, then that might be a better alternative. Personally, I found the harnesses and radio wiring a little tricky, so I would've found it tricky to get my GoPro running in that short amount of time before you head on track.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
I echo the comments of Enduro Man above regarding the camera/video option. My 2 days at Track Attack in 2020 were also wet, and I've also only viewed the video once or twice since then. As noted, if the cost is no objection, it wouldn't hurt to take it, as a memento, if nothing else.

I emphasize his point about only using your own system instead only if you can set it up very quickly each time you re-enter the car. There normally isn't much time available after "buckling up" everything to fiddle around with your own system.

I also took the 2 day class; I don't think you'll regret it. Enjoy!

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Video....
This was my first track experience so yes it was a good idea for me.
If anything I discovered my mistakes like not wringing it out in 3rd on the banked curve. I was shifting into 4th around 80mph instead of 110 or so. I also noticed I was braking into the corners but didn’t think I was. That said, after looking at other videos on line, some never had their brake lite come on, I don’t know how accurate was.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Was good to hang out with you this week. Safe travels home.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
9B869E3F-2B96-466E-B9A7-280D31851E82.jpeg

Let me just say the GT350 Track Attack did NOT disappoint today!!
If you’ve been you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t been - get ready! It is excellent!
I agree! Even though I feel exhausted, it was great. I was in a great group where we really got up to speed(120mph) on the straightaway. We were even passing the other groups several times as we were going much faster. For a first timer on a track, I really felt like I excelled.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
what time does day 2 conclude?
I have a 7pm flight out of CLT....

thank you in advance!
Sponsored