ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Btw, for those that have done the track day, how fast on average do you get up too? I know rpm's are limited to 6K, and they want you not to go past 3rd gear. Not that I'm looking to go crazy fast, but I know even in 3rd and between 5k-6Krpm, I can easily get to 100 mph.
Inside track is 3rd gear they don’t want you to go lower, I guess if your going fast enough you could get to 4th gear. On the outside your in 4th gear. I didn’t pay attention to my rpms. My top speed was 128/129 coming out of turn 1 into 2, and slamming the breaks before the chicane. I was impressed how will the car screamed in 4th gear. They are big on telling you the cars are stock they have not altered them. I don’t recall them ever saying not to go this fast or beyond this rpm. They are big on you watching the road in front and beyond where you are going.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Ya 3rd inside, into 4th around 7500rpm on the oval. ABADHBT had about the same experience as myself but my top speed near the end was around 125. I had 2-3 laps left when my car crapped out.
You’ll be tempted to down shift into 2nd but I wouldn’t unless you have experience, could get away from you.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
How close to the car in front of you can you get?

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
You are asked to keep 2-3 car lengths, so that the instructors can observe all 3 cars in the group. So, no drafting in the banking.

Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Btw, for those that have done the track day, how fast on average do you get up too? I know rpm's are limited to 6K, and they want you not to go past 3rd gear. Not that I'm looking to go crazy fast, but I know even in 3rd and between 5k-6Krpm, I can easily get to 100 mph.
No rpm limit. You will be in 3rd and 4th gears on the roval. I hit mid 130’s down the long back stretch. The last session of lead follow the instructor lead us to that speed.

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
If it rains like it did on mine, good luck reaching 100 anywhere on the track. The instructor in the lead car was controlling the pace at 80-90mph. However, we were not given any rev limits, and the expectation was that you would be shifting between 3rd and 4th around the Roval.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If it rains like it did on mine, good luck reaching 100 anywhere on the track. The instructor in the lead car was controlling the pace at 80-90mph. However, we were not given any rev limits, and the expectation was that you would be shifting between 3rd and 4th around the Roval.
Same here. We didn't break 90 because of the rain

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Ditto! We had either rain or wet conditions post-rain the majority of the time we were on the track during my 2 Day Track Attack in September 2020 which precluded us going any faster as well. One of the instructors at that time even remarked he couldn't remember the last time they had as much rain in 2 days. Accordingly, even our last session was limited to a lead-follow.

Overall, still a very worthwhile experience, and learning how well the Sport Cup 2 and Pilot Super Sport tires handled the wet conditions.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ditto! We had either rain or wet conditions post-rain the majority of the time we were on the track during my 2 Day Track Attack in September 2020 which precluded us going any faster as well. One of the instructors at that time even remarked he couldn't remember the last time they had as much rain in 2 days. Accordingly, even our last session was limited to a lead-follow.

Overall, still a very worthwhile experience, and learning how well the Sport Cup 2 and Pilot Super Sport tires handled the wet conditions.
I didn't see any SC2s. Did they use them during your sessions?

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Glad to hear. What I heard was that the cars had a 6K limit put in them, instead of the 8200K that is normally. Now I really can't wait for next month. :like:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Glad to hear. What I heard was that the cars had a 6K limit put in them, instead of the 8200K that is normally. Now I really can't wait for next month. :like:
Just out of curiosity, where did you here that?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I‘ll do my best to give the new to track guys a perspective from a new to track guy in regards to the GT350 Track Attack.
First off, if you’re nervous about the process, don’t be....you’ll have fun.
Everyone in attendance has different skill sets, don’t let the guys with years of track experience intimidate you.
All the instructors have enough experience to be very helpful. There are no stupid questions, just ask.
If you have questions before you get there, write them down because you’ll forget to ask. You’re caught up in the moment and really focused on the task at hand.
Do what the instructors tell you. They won’t push you past what they think you can do. Your safety is their priority. If you can’t keep up with the guy in front of you that’s ok, it’s not a race, it’s a learning experience to find out what your car is capable of which is way more capable than you.
You‘ll be tempted to drop into second gear on the inside part of the track, stay in 3rd as instructed.
If you buy the recorder (Race Keeper) keep an eye on the red light periodically. You can’t retrieve what isn’t being recorded.
I wear glasses and also ride motorcycles, I know not all eyeglasses work with helmets. Be sure and have fairly straight temples or you’ll have problems wearing glasses with your helmet.
When you think you did pretty good, wait until you go on the ride a long. Then you’ll get it.
Please feel free to add to this as I’m sure it’s needed.
Above all have a great time, you deserve it.
Don’t know why I didn’t think about it earlier but what’s really strange is forgetting about the last 47 years of safe driving. I mean leaving that “normal” cushion from the one in front of you is a hard habit to break. Never did get used to it.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
I didn't see any SC2s. Did they use them during your sessions?
Yes, during the 2 day Track Attack session I attended in September 2020, the SC2s were on the race-prepped Mustang GTs that were used on Day 2. On Day 1, the GT350s we drove had PSS tires, likely because there were no GT350s at that time newer than a 2018 model that the students used, and the PSS was the OEM tire for that model year and prior.
Sponsored