Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Just booked my father in-law for the June 30th date! I got the insurance and track video! How is everyone handling the trip from the Hotel to the track? I was thinking of renting an exotic from Turo, unless there is a group shuttle?
No group shuttle, either Uber or rental car

FSU350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Still working out the timing and rectifying the want of wheel time versus time off from work (in a new position that I just started this week). Being that the school concludes on a Friday I’ll have the weekend to get home. So plenty of time there!
However with a Wednesday commencement of the school, the trip south I will most likely have to be most concerned with making good time......
unless I take off the day preceding the reception dinner.... but again, that means another day off from work. Damn responsibilities!
Just a note, I did the Track Attack the first week of last November and the dinner was canceled due to COVID. Not sure what the schedule will be when you go, but may not have to worry about getting there to make the dinner and have more time for the drive down. Just started bright and early on the actual driving day. They did give everyone a nice Ford Performance hat to make up for the missed dinner!

I saw you asked about Shenandoah earlier. I live about a hour away and will say that Skyline drive is an awesome road with amazing views, but would be really out of the way for you. Also, not a road to really drive the car hard due to low speed limits and lots of park rangers/speed traps. You'll have enough roads out in western NC & VA to keep you happy!

calduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP, 2019 F-350, 1970 Mach 1, 1971 Bronco and more...
I just booked May 12-14 (two day)...it wasn't listed on the website when I called, but as I was going solo and interested in the two day course, they had one opening. Currently, only the 1 day program is available on the website calendar. But if you are going solo, they might have other dates open...and/or maybe they will open up more dates.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I just booked May 12-14 (two day)...it wasn't listed on the website when I called, but as I was going solo and interested in the two day course, they had one opening. Currently, only the 1 day program is available on the website calendar. But if you are going solo, they might have other dates open...and/or maybe they will open up more dates.
See you there! I booked those same dates.

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Locked in for the 04 June session.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Looks like they added a new date or 2. Still holding out for September.

A887FB89-70C9-4392-AAC5-7081837193E0.png

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Did they do it last year, or were a lot of dates cancelled due to the covid shutdown? I'd imagine if classes were cancelled, lots of people trying to get in this year who got bumped.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
They did just add new dates - this is at least the 2nd time they have extended dates. They have saturated May. Additional new dates are April and August. This morning, there was only one date left - before they slotted some new ones.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did they do it last year, or were a lot of dates cancelled due to the covid shutdown? I'd imagine if classes were cancelled, lots of people trying to get in this year who got bumped.
Some dates were canceled in the Spring, due to COVID, but they were very reasonable when it came to working with people.

Sponsored

MDFilip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Question for those who have racing experience. Is this just a drive around type of experience on the road course or is there a point where you can drive the car like you should on a race track :wink: Most of the videos I see look like just follow the leader at half speed low RPM shifts.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have zero racing experience, and do not intend to ever race my car. But I'm hoping to learn, and experience, just what this car can do. Plus, I want to drive this car in a way(speed and cornering) that I'm not able to do on local roads. If I can do some 100+mph driving and cornering, I'd be happy, even if I'm at the end of pack.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Because they have drivers of all different skill levels, they start with the low speeds drills to get used to the track. After that, they'll sort drivers into groups. You won't be racing against other drivers, but you can drive as fast as you want around the track, and you may get some passing experience. Also -- and this is one of the most valuable things -- you may be able to get one or more of the professionals to ride with you and coach you. (That was years ago--it may be different now,)

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Question for those who have racing experience. Is this just a drive around type of experience on the road course or is there a point where you can drive the car like you should on a race track :wink: Most of the videos I see look like just follow the leader at half speed low RPM shifts.
Considerations:
1. Opportunity to test the car in a controlled environment.
- You start with autocross drills (my term). During the drills, to test the car's responses in various modes--sport, track, etc.

- Because of COVID, the "instruction" is lead follow, rather than passenger seat. However, the staff is very good at arranging the groups based on abilities. So, it's unlikely that an experienced driver will feel hampered during the lead-lead follow sessions.

- There is at least one open session (unless it rains cats and dogs, in which case they may decide to stick with lead follow).

2. Interacting with the instructors
- Even if someone has racing experience, it is unlikely that they are more experienced than the majority of the instructors. You can read the bios on the Ford Performance Racing site. Impressive lot and extremely personable.

Finally, if the dates are available, I would highly recommend the two-day package. It really lets you see the difference between the GT350 and a race-prepped GT.