ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see ya there....same dates. I kinda like the idea of spending April Fools Day acting like one. EMM

60A02A00-04FB-4D1D-853F-3176824D4376.jpeg
Ha, I didn’t even think of that. I was thinking more of the cooler weather...
Sponsored

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
Watching some YouTube videos on this... it looks amazing! That being said, I've been fortunate enough to have had similar experiences. I want to give my father in-law (an old hot rodder) who worked his whole life, but never had the means, to have a chance to do this. Is there anyway I could let my father in-law take my place at this event? Would really appreciate any answers or a link to point me in the right direction if possible.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Watching some YouTube videos on this... it looks amazing! That being said, I've been fortunate enough to have had similar experiences. I want to give my father in-law (an old hot rodder) who worked his whole life, but never had the means, to have a chance to do this. Is there anyway I could let my father in-law take my place at this event? Would really appreciate any answers or a link to point me in the right direction if possible.
This is a video I made back in March of my track attack experience:

My understanding is you can designate anyone you want to take your slot (that Ford paid for.) I may be wrong about that, but it’d be worth a quick email or phone call to the Ford performance racing school. A quick google should get you some contact info. They send you the invite in the mail about a month after you take delivery of the car.

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the response, I have not received my supplemental 350 pkg yet, I'll keep an eye out.

Sponsored

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
You do not need to wait for your supplemental pkg to register. You just need your VIN and purchase date.
Thank You, I'll give them a call with my VIN and purchase date and see if I can substitute my father in-law.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just purchased my GT350 December 2, and I immediately signed up for the course in May. I'm a beginner to all this, but wanted the chance to see what these cars can do on a race course. Unfortunately car is already put away for the winter here in NY. Hoping for an early Spring so I can get a few months driving time before I head down to Charlotte.

Reactions: dps

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Just purchased my GT350 December 2, and I immediately signed up for the course in May. I'm a beginner to all this, but wanted the chance to see what these cars can do on a race course. Unfortunately car is already put away for the winter here in NY. Hoping for an early Spring so I can get a few months driving time before I head down to Charlotte.
I live in NJ and am driving my R - almost every weekend. You just need to swap the Cup2 for the Cooper RS3-G1 - have nothing but great things to say about them. Let me know if you have any questions but I feel it's a sin to let this car sit 4-5 months out of the year because of our shitty weather in the NorthEast.

Reactions: dps

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I'll see you in May as well.

flybipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
My wife suggested I buy a helmet to bring to this event. I'm not going to question that recommendation(!) but did wonder if communications in the helmet is required or nice to have.

I see the helmet requirements in the FAQ's but nothing about coms.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My wife suggested I buy a helmet to bring to this event. I'm not going to question that recommendation(!) but did wonder if communications in the helmet is required or nice to have.
Caballus is correct... you will need communication.

Here's the plan:
1. Do what the wife suggested & buy the helmet.
2. Do the "research" about track day requirements
3. Tell wife that you need to use theirs.

You have a wife approved new helmet purchase if you do them in the order listed.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Caballus is correct... you will need communication.

Here's the plan:
1. Do what the wife suggested & buy the helmet.
2. Do the "research" about track day requirements
3. Tell wife that you need to use theirs.

You have a wife approved new helmet purchase if you do them in the order listed.
Summit sells their exact model of Zamp. You can only get them in white, however. Black is special made for instructors.

Edit: Keep in mind that you will want to get an SA2020. They are out now and will have a longer life than SA2015s.
Sponsored