Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Headed to the airport in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Allrighty guys, sharing just for entertainment value--here's my take-away's from an amazing event! In no particular order...

-What a class act show these guys put on! They really do a great job of making the entire trip an experience vice just getting some driving in. IMO, I thought they do a great job of offering something special for being the owner of a car that has such an allure and pedigree. Everything about the trip was awesome. Even if you have every intention of never being a track guy or getting your car on a track, absolutely do NOT pass on this opportunity. Worth every bit of the expense I spent to get there. If you have tons and tons of track experience, you may not get much from the track time and maybe even less from the classroom stuff, but I vote still go for the experience. Instructors are cool to meet, owners are awesome to meet, and the environment is just an overall great experience.

-I regret now not doing the second day after experiencing the first day. That one day just makes you want more.

-Do try to make the dinner the night before. You don't miss anything if you don't go, but it's a big part of the allure and the whole overall experience of being made to feel special and feel like you're part of something unique.

-Probably the most enjoyable part of the trip for me was the way they treated and handled a paying, non-driving guest. I took my son and was really hoping he wouldn't just be sitting in the bleachers bored all day. Nope, not at all. Guests get the full experience. He was right there with me involved in everything. If I was on track, the instructors were super aware of where those guys were, had them out hanging on the pit wall, watching everything, spending time with them to ensure they were having just as good a time as everyone else. It was a super great experience for my guy and he had a blast. They knocked it out of the park in this regard. Another guy brought his son and they seemed to have a blast hanging out together.

-Piston slap (and any other noises). I had two cars for my day (only pointing this out due to my next statement and not because there's car problems there). Both cars I had made the exact same noises and such. Both had the light piston slap noise that I'm getting, at the same rpm's, engine loads, etc. As far as I know, everyone's car ran like a rock star. My second car passed 8,000 miles with me in it, and you know darn well those are haaarrrrrrddd miles. And know what that means? That means I'm done worrying about the crap on my car!

-In reference to the above, my first car of the day tripped a charging system warning. I didn't break down and had no issues with the car. While off track and in the classroom, those guys came and swapped out my car and had me ready to go again. The car swapping had zero impact on my day. This is noteworthy towards the point of what kind of show those guys run, and not to highlight that my first car broke down.

-Between all the instructors, owners, and everything else, would you believe not a single conversation about oil consumption nor blown engines.

-They may be beating the company drum or toting that line, but feedback and comments the instructors provided on the car itself was really reassuring and motivating. They really praise the car and its capabilities, but I enjoyed it. Even they appear totally impressed by the car and what you get for your money, and what you get in capability straight off the showroom floor.

-The demo ride with an instructor was my favorite part of the day. When he took that car away from me and showed me what it would do in the right hands, I was floored. Literally speechless. This just reaffirmed my statement above.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What Galaxy said.:thumbsup:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
@galaxy , glad you had a great time, your post brought some nice memories up for me.

In getting the second car, were they able to get your name on the windshield in that short amount of time?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@galaxy

In getting the second car, were they able to get your name on the windshield in that short amount of time?
YUP!!!!! I told the guy I got the CWA pop up and he said OK. By the time we got done in the small classroom off to the side of the garage there, it was already swapped out. Never new they were doing it. I came out of the class and I was like "where'd my car go?!?!"...and then I saw my name.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
YUP!!!!! I told the guy I got the CWA pop up and he said OK. By the time we got done in the small classroom off to the side of the garage there, it was already swapped out. Never new they were doing it. I came out of the class and I was like "where'd my car go?!?!"...and then I saw my name.
Wow, usually the replacement cars wind up not getting a name on them. At least both times I've done this before.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Allrighty guys, sharing just for entertainment value--here's my take-away's from an amazing event! In no particular order...

-What a class act show these guys put on! They really do a great job of making the entire trip an experience vice just getting some driving in. IMO, I thought they do a great job of offering something special for being the owner of a car that has such an allure and pedigree. Everything about the trip was awesome. Even if you have every intention of never being a track guy or getting your car on a track, absolutely do NOT pass on this opportunity. Worth every bit of the expense I spent to get there. If you have tons and tons of track experience, you may not get much from the track time and maybe even less from the classroom stuff, but I vote still go for the experience. Instructors are cool to meet, owners are awesome to meet, and the environment is just an overall great experience.

-I regret now not doing the second day after experiencing the first day. That one day just makes you want more.

-Do try to make the dinner the night before. You don't miss anything if you don't go, but it's a big part of the allure and the whole overall experience of being made to feel special and feel like you're part of something unique.

-Probably the most enjoyable part of the trip for me was the way they treated and handled a paying, non-driving guest. I took my son and was really hoping he wouldn't just be sitting in the bleachers bored all day. Nope, not at all. Guests get the full experience. He was right there with me involved in everything. If I was on track, the instructors were super aware of where those guys were, had them out hanging on the pit wall, watching everything, spending time with them to ensure they were having just as good a time as everyone else. It was a super great experience for my guy and he had a blast. They knocked it out of the park in this regard. Another guy brought his son and they seemed to have a blast hanging out together.

-Piston slap (and any other noises). I had two cars for my day (only pointing this out due to my next statement and not because there's car problems there). Both cars I had made the exact same noises and such. Both had the light piston slap noise that I'm getting, at the same rpm's, engine loads, etc. As far as I know, everyone's car ran like a rock star. My second car passed 8,000 miles with me in it, and you know darn well those are haaarrrrrrddd miles. And know what that means? That means I'm done worrying about the crap on my car!

-In reference to the above, my first car of the day tripped a charging system warning. I didn't break down and had no issues with the car. While off track and in the classroom, those guys came and swapped out my car and had me ready to go again. The car swapping had zero impact on my day. This is noteworthy towards the point of what kind of show those guys run, and not to highlight that my first car broke down.

-Between all the instructors, owners, and everything else, would you believe not a single conversation about oil consumption nor blown engines.

-They may be beating the company drum or toting that line, but feedback and comments the instructors provided on the car itself was really reassuring and motivating. They really praise the car and its capabilities, but I enjoyed it. Even they appear totally impressed by the car and what you get for your money, and what you get in capability straight off the showroom floor.

-The demo ride with an instructor was my favorite part of the day. When he took that car away from me and showed me what it would do in the right hands, I was floored. Literally speechless. This just reaffirmed my statement above.
Nice write up. Did you get the video?

Last edited:

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Nice right up. Did you get the video?
Naaa...I passed. I thought it fairly expensive for something I might watch once. Couple guys brought their own go-pro's, but I didn't notice anyone buying the video. But with that in mind, thanks for the memory jogger...I forgot to add another point I had never heard mentioned.

-Another reason I passed on the video is the school has a professional photographer on hand all day. You get a "GT350 TrackAttack" labeled memory stick keepsake that has upwards of 700 photos on it from the event at no additional charge.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Naaa...I passed. I thought it fairly expensive for something I might watch once. Couple guys brought their own go-pro's, but I didn't notice anyone buying the video. But with that in mind, thanks for the memory jogger...I forgot to add another point I had never heard mentioned.

-Another reason I passed on the video is the school has a professional photographer on hand all day. You get a "GT350 TrackAttack" labeled memory stick keepsake that has upwards of 700 photos on it from the event at no additional charge.
Good for you they got your name on it!! They didn't offer the video when I went and after seeing some pics of myself, couldn't imagine seeing my ugly mug moving around:inspect:

(BTW, the batch of emojis in this new forum leave a lot to be desired...)

hobbie1

hobbie1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Ditto - I went Labor day weekend.

It was an amazing experience. Best part being able to push this awesome car. As they said in class once you get the feel of the track the car almost drives itself. I did buy the video and felt it was worth it. It is kind of like reliving the experience. Figured it was worth it after going all the way to Utah.

One take away -this car has amazing brakes!

The instructors are great - several in our class were drivers from around the country - they really give their all to the class.

Anyway - this is not to be missed.

First class!

And if you are past 12 months call them - I was a few months - the folks at Ford Racing on the phone made it happen.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I'm going down October 30th for the 31st class. I'll try to enjoy the trip!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'll be attending my third track attack tomorrow. I gave my slot to my brother in law and I'll be my own driving guest in the GT. Then off to about a week of driving around the various parks (zion, arches, etc).

If anyone is attending, watch for a GT in your rear view mirror :rockon:
Sponsored