2017 Ruby-red GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2015 STI
It's A Work Out

The days are long but awesome and it will challenge you physically and mentally. Allow yourself time to rest.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Greetings:

Has anybody who's done the Track Attack worn gloves, or felt as if you needed gloves? I don't normally use gloves, but then again, I've not yet tried driving with a Hans device. Thank you.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Greetings:

Has anybody who's done the Track Attack worn gloves, or felt as if you needed gloves? I don't normally use gloves, but then again, I've not yet tried driving with a Hans device. Thank you.
No HANS device or gloves when I was there.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Thanks. (I think the Hans device is used in the Boss 302s.)

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Thanks. (I think the Hans device is used in the Boss 302s.)
In the GT350 you get an open-face helmet and no Hans device. If you go for the BOSS 302 on day two, you get a full-face helmet and Hans device.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am a bit frustrated with the Track Attack offering. I suppose it’s my fault that I didn’t immediately read my supplement that came in the mail. The first I saw of Track Attack was on here a month ago, and at that time there were very few spots.

Finally got around to discussing it with the wife. I held off because we have a 2 week vacation to Europe already planned this year. Looked again and all the spots were full.

Essentially I’m being told that there are no more dates available in 2018 and that you only have 12 months from delivery of the car to attend. They won’t have the 2019 schedule until December. I got the Jan 25 so it seems pretty unlikely that I would be able to go! And I've only had my car 2 months exactly and the supplement for one month.

I'm sure I was noticeably frustrated on the phone, which may have been my mistake. However, I felt like the gentlemen I talked to didn’t really care. I told him the dealer didn’t mention anything. He acted like I shouldn't be upset because I've had 2 months to book it and i should have read the supplement. Which really i didnt get the supplement package for a month. Unfortunatly the first month of ownership i was more woried about the fact that my splitter was missing 8 screws and 4 j clips, and the car had a broken interior peice.

Like I said it’s my fault, but I would have liked them to work with me...offer a waiting list. He mentioned that they could be adding more classes and I will just have to call back occaisonally. Seems that Ford offers the school to all owners, but really I think they are getting more attendance than expected and don’t have enough capacity.

Last edited:

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350, 2005 Lotus Elise
As soon as the schedule for 2019 comes out, they may let you sign up for a date in April.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
As soon as the schedule for 2019 comes out, they may let you sign up for a date in April.
I didnt get the feeling that they would, but who knows. If you bought your car today you would never have the opportunity to go to a class becuse this year is sold out and next year they may not start until april (according to the 12 month rule).

Also i started a thread about the issue so it can be discussed there. Essentually everyone just needs to be aware that they are only allowing 12 months from delivery of vehicle.

Sponsored

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Essentially I’m being told that there are no more dates available in 2018 and that you only have 12 months from delivery of the car to attend. They won’t have the 2019 schedule until December. I got the Jan 25 so it seems pretty unlikely that I would be able to go! And I've only had my car 2 months exactly and the supplement for one month.

I just took delivery of my GT350. As you have stated, all of the slots are filled for CY2018. This would mean that I may not have the opportunity to attend their Track Attack session. Hopefully Ford can accommodate me by offering an extension for attending a session in CY2019. I plan on calling them today. I will follow-up with their response.

BTW, my dealer didn't know or have information on Track Attack. I discovered it from this forum.

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just spoke with someone at the Track Attack main number. Due to the sessions being sold out, they will be adding two more dates in CY2018. Tentatively June 14th and August 27th. The dinner reception will be the night prior. Both dates are expected to be confirmed by Thursday of this week. Also there is still availability in a 2-day session mid-October.

Pricing remains unchanged.

I also confirmed that Ford will only support the 1-day class at no-charge by taking the session within 12 months of delivery. The VIN will be used to confirm the delivery date.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just spoke with someone at the Track Attack main number. Due to the sessions being sold out, they will be adding two more dates in CY2018. Tentatively June 14th and August 27th. The dinner reception will be the night prior. Both dates are expected to be confirmed by Thursday of this week. Also there is still availability in a 2-day session mid-October.

Pricing remains unchanged.

I also confirmed that Ford will only support the 1-day class at no-charge by taking the session within 12 months of delivery. The VIN will be used to confirm the delivery date.
I appriciate the info I will call on Thursday and sign up for one of those. Do you mind if we cross post this in the other thread i created? I would hope there is enough space for all in the comments there.

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I appriciate the info I will call on Thursday and sign up for one of those. Do you mind if we cross post this in the other thread i created? I would hope there is enough space for all in the comments there.
I don't mind if you copy and respost in the other thread. Share the info.

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
I just took delivery of my 18 350. How do you get invited to Track Attack? Do you get an invite in the mail? Website sign up? The dealer never mentioned it
Sponsored