Sponsored

Official Ford renders - the 2015 Mustang designs that didn't make it

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
Case in point, here is the same image with just a few adjustments. I would bet most people think this is better looking even without any changes to the design.

image.jpg

attachment.jpg
Agreed the HDR effect is part of it. However, one thing that I actually do prefer on the render is the upper and lower grills are merged. The S550 is a great looking Mustang but the lower bumper area hangs off ever so awkwardly, looking tacked-on. It is my least favorite part of an otherwise great design. I hope they change this in a refresh.
Sponsored

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
OK, simple request to Ford.............I'll take my '18MY resfresh or ('20MY all new model) like this :D

A mix of this profile, with a bit of the "edge" shown in the silver one.......
attachment.jpg

And this interior....
attachment.jpg
This! :thumbsup: One of the things I don't like about the 2015 is how far out the wrap around headlights are. They remind me of the sloth Sid from Ice Age's eyes. I wish the headlights were less wrapped around, moved a little closer, and the grill narrowed a little to accommodate the change. Just like that blue render's front corner.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This! :thumbsup: One of the things I don't like about the 2015 is how far out the wrap around headlights are. They remind me of the sloth Sid from Ice Age's eyes. I wish the headlights were less wrapped around, moved a little closer, and the grill narrowed a little to accommodate the change. Just like that blue render's front corner.
It took me a long time to accept the wrap around headlamps and lack of dorito window but, once I did, I began to love S550 for the gorgeous Mustang it is not the gorgeous Mustang I wanted it to be.

That's a subtle but important difference. I think most of us had our dream Mustang in our heads before S550 was launched back in December, so anything that deviates from "our" original design is hard to accept.

HOWEVER, seeing the renders above............Ford got so close to what I wanted it to look like. So close it hurts!

I wonder if the decision to go with the more "generic" look (and I use the term very loosely) was to win sales from non-Mustang fans? Possibly, possibly not. But if I could change two things on S550, it'd be to either reduce (or remove) the wrap around lights and add the Dorito back in.

:)

dipgrizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Is it just me, or would others also like to see the drivers half of the dash and center console rotate towards the driver a little?
No it's not just you, I would love to see exactly what you descibed done to the interior. I think the new Corvette interior is done that way. I like for everything to easily be in reach without having to lean foward a little to hit a button. I've always been a fan of wrap around interiors, as long as they are not cluttered.
Has anybody heard if the new Mustang will have tilt and telescoping steering wheel? It would be nice to adjust the steering wheel perfectly to the shifter the way you want to.

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Has anybody heard if the new Mustang will have tilt and telescoping steering wheel? It would be nice to adjust the steering wheel perfectly to the shifter the way you want to.
It does.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You two wanna throw down? Bring it on! :paddle:
My thread, my :rules: :rant:

:p

Right, back on topic. Checkout the sketch top left..........so we get the window vents of the 50th Anniversary LE, wonder if we'll ever get to see the side scoop. 2018 GT500 please, :ford:

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
My thread, my :rules: :rant:

:p

Right, back on topic. Checkout the sketch top left..........so we get the window vents of the 50th Anniversary LE, wonder if we'll ever get to see the side scoop. 2018 GT500 please, :ford:

Meh. What good is a side scoop for if the engine is in the front? I'm more for functional over prettiness.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
…or differential cooler, which really starts to make sense if you are running a real pan/diffuser setup.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
…or differential cooler, which really starts to make sense if you are running a real pan/diffuser setup.

A NACA duct just before the diff in the undertray would perform much better and be easier to implement. That or just an aluminum heat sink bolted directly to the diff like what Mercedes AMG uses.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I like the 3rd one down, the red car. That is bad ass!
Sponsored