Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I think you will change your mind when you see one on the road. This design makes the front of the S550 look boxy and rather tame in comparison (which says a lot considering that the 1st gen S550 makes the 13-14 S197 look like a 15 year old design)
I disagree. The lowering of the front looks less boxy in my opinion then the 1st gen S550. I do completely agree on the S197 statement though.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
That's what I meant, This (the refresh) makes the older* S550 fronts look boxy.
I totally agree. The hood is only slightly lower but the change seems to be significant and unmistakable.

While I still think the 2015 style is stunning and I'd never kick one out of my garage, the refresh seems to be a better composition. .

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I totally agree. The hood is only slightly lower but the change seems to be significant and unmistakable.

While I still think the 2015 style is stunning and I'd never kick one out of my garage, the refresh seems to be a better composition. .
The lowering of the hood, but also the *gasp* over-hanging upper-grille is the biggest contributor. By pushing the grill out, it allowed the lights to be more angled than the previous cars. The lights also have a much more obvious brow line that is molded into the front end, the one on the current S550 is minimal. The large upper and lower grills don't hurt either. Really, the only thing to me on the bumper that is questionable is how large those triangular planes are that push air towards the wheel curtain vents. But, they are not as odd looking as the huge GT350 fangs, IMO. Pretty sure in a year, everyone here will love these cars.

Sponsored

Bigfoot53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
C7 Stingray Z51/past rides: Jaguar XKR/AMG C-63 Edition 507
the big triangular air guides in front remind me of submarine diving planes...not that I can't find a way to live with them!

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Grabber Blue 2018 Mustang will be pretty rare.
is that photoshopped? i think i would get that color if it was available, even though i know its not

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
What are some of the factors why the Camaro's are quicker even with comparable HP if not more?

Traction and more aggressive gears? Aerodynamics? Weight to power ratio? Looking at a ford ecoboost to a v6 camaro or their 2.0L turbo should be a lot quicker.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
2018 hood vents

The hood vents certainly have a ton of room for dramatic aftermarket improvements. Imagine if that current bulge/fill the hole insert they currently used was removed and was replaced with deeper drop in vent. like the ones shown in the white hood below.;)
Hood vent.jpg

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
What are some of the factors why the Camaro's are quicker even with comparable HP if not more?

Traction and more aggressive gears? Aerodynamics? Weight to power ratio? Looking at a ford ecoboost to a v6 camaro or their 2.0L turbo should be a lot quicker.
Less weight and more torque = faster car.
Sponsored