OEM Stripe Kit?

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Seeking some opinions here before I pony up for an OEM stripe kit…

I’m going to own this car for a long time, so I’m looking to purchase some OEM parts now that I know I’ll likely need in the future, as prices on original stuff for cars like this only go up over time. Things like the front lip are on my shopping list, only a mater of time on that!

Next thing I’m thinking about is a stripe kit. My car has PPF and it was applied over the stripes. My gut is that when that PPF needs to come off in the future, it’s gonna take the stripes with it. I’ve heard some say they got it off without damaging stripes, but seems like 50/50.

For those who plan on keeping their 350s for a long time, and also have PPF over the stripes…what’s your thoughts on this? Am I being overly paranoid or smart planning for something that’s likely inevitable?

Looks like “TascaParts.com” sells the OE stripes in individual sections but if anyone knows a way to buy a full OEM kit I’d love to know…thanks!
Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why worry about a kit when you can just make your own stripes with a vinyl of your choice.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
For those who plan on keeping their 350s for a long time, and also have PPF over the stripes…what’s your thoughts on this? Am I being overly paranoid or smart planning for something that’s likely inevitable?
I don't think you're paranoid, and you're heart is in the right place. But I'll add this 2 cents from my experience. Stripes sitting in a box rolled up for years probably won't age well. By the time you get around to replacing them, they might not be in great condition for applying them....5 or 10 years from now if ever. The OEMs on the car will last with proper care like the PPF. I'd say save your money and shelf space and source a set when you need them. I'd buy the consumables like splitters and such. 🤷‍♂️

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I don't think you're paranoid, and you're heart is in the right place. But I'll add this 2 cents from my experience. Stripes sitting in a box rolled up for years probably won't age well. By the time you get around to replacing them, they might not be in great condition for applying them....5 or 10 years from now if ever. The OEMs on the car will last with proper care like the PPF. I'd say save your money and shelf space and source a set when you need them. I'd buy the consumables like splitters and such. 🤷‍♂️
I purchased replacements for the hood, bumper and splitter from Ford. They didn’t come rolled up, they came laid flat.

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I purchased replacements for the hood, bumper and splitter from Ford. They didn’t come rolled up, they came laid flat.

That’s all I’m thinking I’d need - only where the PPF is, but potentially need the side stripes as well on the heritage as I have some PPF down there too. Did you just hit up Ford and they looked it all up for you? I called a local dealer and the guy on the phone sounded like I just asked him the true meaning of love…puzzled. So I contemplated having to do this myself…

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
That’s all I’m thinking I’d need - only where the PPF is, but potentially need the side stripes as well on the heritage as I have some PPF down there too. Did you just hit up Ford and they looked it all up for you? I called a local dealer and the guy on the phone sounded like I just asked him the true meaning of love…puzzled. So I contemplated having to do this myself…
Send me a PM with your email, if I can find the information I will send it to you.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I wasn't aware of that. I'd still think the adhesive may not age well, but that is interesting that they come flat.

Are the OEMs dry or wet application?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I wasn't aware of that. I'd still think the adhesive may not age well, but that is interesting that they come flat.

Are the OEMs dry or wet application?
I believe they’re dry application. Ford is silent on the application for the GT/Eco stripes, which are 3M. However, when I was looking to replace the OEM stripes on my prior S550, I was told by an installer that the dealership uses that they’re dry install. I would assume the 350 stripes are also 3M and would also be dry install.

FWIW, I ended up going with BigWorm. They use high quality vinyl and I couldn’t tell the difference between the OEM stripes and the BigWorm stripes. Not sure if that’s an option you want to explore, OP, but they do make them specifically for the Shelby’s as well.

IMG_2778.png

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What color stripes? Bemaro also does stripe kits but if you’re going with black the I’d recommend Inozetek vinyl as they have a black vinyl that has near zero orange peel look to it. No other brand has mastered black vinyl as well as Inozetek.

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Thanks all - Guardsman Blue is the color of the stripes. I would ideally get an OEM solution, even id a bit more expensive, given my desire for things on this car to be largely original equipment. Going to make some calls to Ford dealers tomorrow and will let you guys know what I hear. Appreciate the help!

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I bought a set at Tasca Ford

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks all - Guardsman Blue is the color of the stripes. I would ideally get an OEM solution, even id a bit more expensive, given my desire for things on this car to be largely original equipment. Going to make some calls to Ford dealers tomorrow and will let you guys know what I hear. Appreciate the help!
Just my opinion, but big worm graphix has awesome stripes. For example, the blue stripes on my car, in the shade, look totally stock. In the sun they have metal flake that look even better. And the company is great to work with. And @BigWormGraphix I believe is a site sponsor.

Either way, I don't think it's a bad idea to have a second set.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Just my opinion, but big worm graphix has awesome stripes. For example, the blue stripes on my car, in the shade, look totally stock. In the sun they have metal flake that look even better. And the company is great to work with. And @BigWormGraphix I believe is a site sponsor.

Either way, I don't think it's a bad idea to have a second set.
I considered Big Worm but they said they couldn't guarantee color match, I was only replacing the hood stripes. If I were ever to replace all of them I would go to Big Worm.

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I hear you guys - definitely seems like an awesome vendor with good service. I’m probably being a bit overboard here but given it’s a heritage, and a car I’m going to own for a very, very long time, I was hoping to keep things like this OEM. I just didn’t think about the storage issue - I likely won’t need them, if at all, for another 10 years…I was just hoping to buy now and put it in storage so I don’t have to worry about paying 10x for an oem kit in 2034. But I didn’t think about the adhesive potentially going bad sitting in storage for that long. I guess you could apply new adhesive, but still something I need to consider…thanks all!
Sponsored