Odd clunks after changing Sway Bars & Springs

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Allritey now, I have been chasing this illusive clunking for awhile and have been back under the car twice to check for interference and or loose hardware to no avail, this car has almost all the Steeda stuff on both ends and this clunk has been the only issue...so far...next step is a Procharger, have to keep up with my grandson's '15 with a wippel.
Sponsored

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
Allritey now, I have been chasing this illusive clunking for awhile and have been back under the car twice to check for interference and or loose hardware to no avail, this car has almost all the Steeda stuff on both ends and this clunk has been the only issue...so far...next step is a Procharger, have to keep up with my grandson's '15 with a wippel.
Let me know if you figure it out. I think we all have the same problem. What OP described is exactly how mine is. I'll get under my car this weekend to see if anything is loose.

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
I think the noise I'm getting is from the diff insert bushes I've put in but it's hard to find.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I haven't done anything with the diferential...yet, but I still have the clunk, so I would look elsewhere...just saying.

5.Slow.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3
Mine did the same thing. Turns out the rear sway bar was hitting my exhaust. Fixed it with a hammer...lol

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mine did the same thing. Turns out the rear sway bar was hitting my exhaust. Fixed it with a hammer...lol
How in the wild wild world of sports did you even make that happen in the first place? I just looked; I don’t even see how that’s physically possible!

5.Slow.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3
How in the wild wild world of sports did you even make that happen in the first place? I just looked; I don’t even see how that’s physically possible!
Aftermarket part***
MBRP Race Catback

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I think the noise I'm getting is from the diff insert bushes I've put in but it's hard to find.
Yes you do get a clunk from the diff bushings. I had the red one in my ecoboost and it made noise anytime I shifted. I elected not to do that modification on my gt350 cause I didn't want to listen to the clunk over and over.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Ive had several s550's and they all pop when you turn even the R dose it normally when it sits for a few days and backing out of the driveway and turn the wheel

Sponsored

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm in the process of doing all of this now. This is my 3rd s550 chassis I've gave the steeda make over too. I had a cluck the first time when I did all the work on my ecoboost mustang. Turned out to be an endlink. Tighten it up and was good to go.
Currently waiting on the caster plates to get here from steeda to do the front end of the car.

20230319_125846.jpg
Got the front finished up last night. Car goes in for an alignment friday morning. Will report back to see if I have this mysterious clunk everyone is having.

20230408_154011.jpg

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Got the front finished up last night. Car goes in for an alignment friday morning. Will report back to see if I have this mysterious clunk everyone is having.

20230408_154011.jpg
So dropped the car off for an alignment on friday morning. Took it home put the new wheels and tires on it and put about 150 miles on the car this weekend. No clunks no noises from the suspension. Ill double check everything this weekend.

Screenshot_20230418_062504_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored