Sponsored

FP springs and sway bars

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I installed the FP springs and sway bars over the winter and have had the opportunity to feel them out in a couple of track days. I went this route because the OEM stiffness and body roll needed some help on track. I got this pic from my last track day and wanted to show how dialed in the chassis is with this setup. The springs and bars definitely work together as a package to acheive the overall spring rate, which performs and feels about perfect. This is especially true in the rear, as the springs alone are a bit on the soft side, but the bar is quite a bit beefier than OEM, and the two really complement each other.

The pic below is Turn 6 at The Ridge, which is a long and fast decreasing radius sweeper. Corner entry comes at around 75mph in 4th gear after trailbraking in from about a 120mph straight. I'm on my Cup2s and Signature wheels. You can see by the left front and left rear lift how much grip there is as I throw the hefty 350 into the corner. But what impressed me most in looking at this pic was how little body roll there is under this type of load. I thought this would be a good visual reference for everyone who has considered this mod.
IMG951515 (1).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Looks like you are having fun. That’s a nice shot of how the car is handling with the springs and sways. Also, you see how much load is on your car with the amount of tire lift on the left side of the car as you traverse the apex. The left tires are definitely lifting but your right tires and suspension are rock solid and planted. This reminds me of the Corvette T1 Racing suspension I added to my Z06...man, that car planted like crazy. How does turn in feel on the track and street? Is it more responsive and precise? Did you do any other changes such as end links,, cradle, etc.?

Reactions: CSL

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the write up. Good to hear the FP springs & sways work well together.

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Some other mods include FTBR solid rear subframe bushings and spherical bearings in the UCAs/LCAs. I have MM camber plates with a track alignment with camber at -2.4 front/-2.0 rear, and FTBR front end links.. I also have R aero which helps.

The turn in is very precise and intuitive. Before the springs and sways it was a bit numb. Enhancing steering response and decreasing body roll were two primary objectives with the springs and sways......mission accomplished. As far as street manners go, I actually like it better than OEM with the rear bushings. Prior to this mod the front and rear (with bushings) felt a bit disconnected from each other. The rear felt great and the front felt meh. Now the front and rear feel connected and in harmony. This makes it great on the street too. You’re very connected with the road, but it’s not overly harsh.

I do plan to do solid bushings in the front as well. Don’t get me wrong, the front is real good now, but it will just enhance the precision and that’s never a bad thing.

Last edited:

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Planning on doing the front & rear bushings as well. I have the Steeda subframe alignment & adjustable camber link & BMR toe links which eliminate the rubber bushings from those locations. Even with just those pieces the rear end is better at 'communicating'.

I see OP mustang sells spherical bearings for the front front LCA. You could do it yourself if you buy the whole arm from them.

Running the same camber as well.

Reactions: CSL

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
I have Vorshlag camber plates and bearings all around (ok the FTBR upper rear camber arms have delrin on one side). I have the BMR level 2 lock out and steeda rear cradle alignment kit. I totally agree with you the bearings make the car ride better BUT the front and rear are out of sync. I am having "R" springs and rear bar put in as we speak(type?). Hope to fix that.
Sponsored