Sponsored

Octane Boost Warning (from Ford supplement)

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
From the GT350 supplement provide by Ford.

1. Do not use metallic-based additives, including manganese-based compounds.

2. Do not use octane booster additive, methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT)

If you call the Torco tech line you will find they have products that contain additives Ford does not want us using. I know guys use additives with good results but if you have a warranty issue fuel additives might be a problem. Apparently additives can leave traceable evidence on spark plugs and in other areas. I know very little about this subject, just passing on what I found. I wish we had an approved additive, seems like more than 91 octane would be good on track days.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
93 is good 98 is godly!!! I normally run 260GTX at my track event. The GT350 ecu does not need a tune to run higher octane. There are multiple verified dyno runs on this forum showing this. I only can attest at how much better the car runs and performs while running a higher octane.

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel/260-gtx

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
93 is good 98 is godly!!! I normally run 260GTX at my track event. The GT350 ecu does not need a tune to run higher octane. There are multiple verified dyno runs on this forum showing this. I only can attest at how much better the car runs and performs while running a higher octane.

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel/260-gtx
No oxygenated or metallic additives. Looks like a good option. I need check what the fuels at HPR contain.

Sponsored

DylanICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 19 Raptor, 17 Raptor, 11 Raptor, 96 Toyota LandCruiser
I tried Torco Accelerator in a couple of tanks because I was under the impression that it didn't contain MMT. but apparently it does. I guess I will stop using it.
there is a station with a 100 octane pump close to me but the station is kinda trashy so I'm not sure I trust it.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I tried Torco Accelerator in a couple of tanks because I was under the impression that it didn't contain MMT. but apparently it does. I guess I will stop using it.
there is a station with a 100 octane pump close to me but the station is kinda trashy so I'm not sure I trust it.
I would suggest BND Automotive's ACEs IV - it does not contain MMT and has proven to work in my R and many other friends performance cars. The butt dyno is awesome and a couple race buddies feel it helps keep cylinder head temp under control in forced induction cars.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I would suggest BND Automotive's ACEs IV - it does not contain MMT and has proven to work in my R and many other friends performance cars. The butt dyno is awesome and a couple race buddies feel it helps keep cylinder head temp under control in forced induction cars.
Thanks

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No oxygenated or metallic additives. Looks like a good option. I need check what the fuels at HPR contain.
I don't believe the 100octane at HPR is oxygenated.

Also, my Focus RS had no measurable performance increase when I ran it.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I run VP MS103 from time to time. There is a noticeable difference running 100 octane fuel on the GT350/R.

Sponsored

Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
I don't believe the 100octane at HPR is oxygenated.

Also, my Focus RS had no measurable performance increase when I ran it.

Austin,
Yes HPR does have 100 octane but I never asked or thought about if it's "oxygenated", hmmmmm. It was $10.00 a gallon last October when I used it.

My butt dyno didn't feel any real difference, but I'm a hard sell on micro improvements in performance, I seem to be looking for night and day differences and I didn't feel it with the 100 octane at HPR

Keith

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A good option is to mix 93 with some 100 octane to bump up the octane to 96. This is a lot more cost effective than straight 100 and will help with pre-detonation. You CA guys should really do it if possible.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
Yes mixing (Kali 91) with the 100 octane some 76 stations has is the best solution. ACES IV is my backup when that can't be found - which is frequent - :(

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes mixing (Kali 91) with the 100 octane some 76 stations has is the best solution. ACES IV is my backup when that can't be found - which is frequent - :(
It sucks for you guys that an E85 tune is so risky with your warranty. It's everywhere down there and has high octane.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
A good option is to mix 93 with some 100 octane to bump up the octane to 96. This is a lot more cost effective than straight 100 and will help with pre-detonation. You CA guys should really do it if possible.
i didnt think it would add timing above 93....good to know. maybe a 5gallon pail of some 100 octane is in the future.
Sponsored