Sponsored

NVH level - body mount vs trans mount shifter

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Obviously a Trans mount shifter (MGW, barton) is going to add some more NVH than a body mount. For those of you that have done both, how much more NVH do you get with a Trans mount?

I just had a Barton hybrid mounted to my Trans. Theres more NVH than I expected. Plus, I added a McLeod rxt at the same time so the clutch is probably adding to the NVH too. I am in the break in period of the rxt, so maybe things will quiet down. Unfortunately the added shifter/Trans NVH doesn't let me hear as much whipple whine as before ...
Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Obviously a Trans mount shifter (MGW, barton) is going to add some more NVH than a body mount. For those of you that have done both, how much more NVH do you get with a Trans mount?

I just had a Barton hybrid mounted to my Trans. Theres more NVH than I expected. Plus, I added a McLeod rxt at the same time so the clutch is probably adding to the NVH too. I am in the break in period of the rxt, so maybe things will quiet down. Unfortunately the added shifter/Trans NVH doesn't let me hear as much whipple whine as before ...
I drove an MGW on a Bullitt recently. Not a single difference in sound, super quiet.
The owner told me there was no change in NVH.

I'll be doing the MGW.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I drove an MGW on a Bullitt recently. Not a single difference in sound, super quiet.
The owner told me there was no change in NVH.

I'll be doing the MGW.
Thanks. I am 200 miles into the breakin of my mcleod rxt and NVH is almost gone. Getting better every day!

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Thanks. I am 200 miles into the breakin of my mcleod rxt and NVH is almost gone. Getting better every day!
That is good to hear... one of the simple pleasures in life: nice quiet interior when you want it.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
My trans mounted MGW is as quiet as stock. No change for me in NVH.
Sponsored