Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's just me... my toe?

Or is it an attempt at humour... me too?
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
About December 2016 someone posted a link to a site which will make up plates to incorporate the mustang logo. Can’t find the link.Any ideas? Thanks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clive
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For those that are interested...I finally took off those plastic number plate brackets, can I get an :amen:

End result is great, even if I did balls it up along the way...

First thing I would mention is that there were 4 holes drilled into my front bumper, the middle 2 had the screws in & the outer 2 some plastic "stop" screws (not sure what to call them but they were just pushed into the holes rather than screwed).

The holes that has been drilled were done so that the plastic stuck out a few mm. I had to take a bigger drill bit to 'flatten' out the holes. Which was a nervous moment!!! I actually can't remember now if the back was 2 or 4 holes but again I had to drill.

For those that have the plastic brackets - you may want to see how secure the plates are - my front one fell off some months ago due to the cheap double sided tape the dealers must have used and the back one came off with hardly any effort.

Anyway, I washed the car, marked out where I wanted the plates (used masking tape to mark up the centre lines) and put the foam double sided tape in 6 lines across the back of the plate. Here is the balls up part; after carefully placing the plate on the back & holding it in place for a few minutes, I stood up, looked at my handy work & FUUUCK thats the front plate on the back :frusty: let me tell you, that tape is fu*king strong :lol: I had real trouble getting the damn thing off! Anyway I did it & got the back plate on ok.

I went for metal plates so bent the front one over the edge of a table, with a chopping board on top to make sure I got the bend nice & neat.

Anyway, if you have read my crazy number plate ramblings then thank you & I hope this info is useful to someone...here are some photos of the finished job;
IMG_5304.jpg
IMG_5310.jpg
IMG_5309.jpg
Hi there, the plates look great, especially the very smooth bend in the front plate to follow the surface of the bumper. Where did you get the plates from? Are they aluminium or pressed metal? Many thanks.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi there, the plates look great, especially the very smooth bend in the front plate to follow the surface of the bumper. Where did you get the plates from? Are they aluminium or pressed metal? Many thanks.
Well that tested my memory! Had to flick back through emails! The plates in that pic are from number1plates - just the plain aluminium ones, they are fairly thick so more difficult to bend than what i have currently - the pressed letter plates from ukmetalplates.
Also consider the raised gel lettering - i think they also look really neat, i’m sure you can get them on aluminium too

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clive
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well that tested my memory! Had to flick back through emails! The plates in that pic are from number1plates - just the plain aluminium ones, they are fairly thick so more difficult to bend than what i have currently - the pressed letter plates from ukmetalplates.
Also consider the raised gel lettering - i think they also look really neat, i’m sure you can get them on aluminium too
The number1plates looked great, why did you change them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The number1plates looked great, why did you change them?
Just decided i liked the pressed look, i like that it’s similar to the usa style pressed letter plates