Sponsored

Number Plates (UK)

Mustang 24-7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi,

First time posting (new to all the forum world) and looking for some advice.

I am thinking about going for a private plate and looking for any recommendations of where to get new plates printed in the UK? Lots online but not sure about quality etc.

Appreciate any advice.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Technically, you should only use one of the suppliers listed on the DVLA guidance.

I’ve used plates4cars successfully in the past.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Happened to stumble across photos of mine yesterday so thought I'd post. The first 2 images are plates from "number1plates" which I didn't like so didn't fit them. They were missing the black border and felt too solid to bend on the front bumper.

plates1.jpg
plates2.jpg

The next 3 photos are the plates from "ukmetalplates" and are what I currently have on the car. A much more pleasing finish and they are thin/light enough to put a nice bend in for the front. They do look great!

plates3.jpg
plates4.jpg
plates5.jpg
20190811-1.jpg

20190811-4.jpg

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Same, I have a set of metal plates with the black line. Got many compliments from other on them.

Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Happened to stumble across photos of mine yesterday so thought I'd post. The first 2 images are plates from "number1plates" which I didn't like so didn't fit them. They were missing the black border and felt too solid to bend on the front bumper.

plates1.jpg
plates2.jpg

The next 3 photos are the plates from "ukmetalplates" and are what I currently have on the car. A much more pleasing finish and they are thin/light enough to put a nice bend in for the front. They do look great!

plates3.jpg
plates4.jpg
plates5.jpg
20190811-1.jpg

20190811-4.jpg

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
That looks shit hot! I was only talking about removing the massive plinth from the front of the car over the weekend. How are they secured to the car? What sixe did you go for? My reg would allow the 46cm, assume its still legal as the lettering would be the same size.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That looks shit hot! I was only talking about removing the massive plinth from the front of the car over the weekend. How are they secured to the car? What sixe did you go for? My reg would allow the 46cm, assume its still legal as the lettering would be the same size.
Haha thanks :rockon:

Yea, gotta bin the ghastly bracket! Makes a huge difference. It's just standard double sided tape holding it on (this stuff https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009IQCET2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I think i put 4-6 strips vertically along the back then just stuck it in place - had no issues. Surface was cleaned with IPA before I stuck anything down. I doubled up on the rear plate and stuck over the little raised bumps - where screws would normally go.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Just make sure you slightly bend the plate to fit the car front and back if you use sticky stuff

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i used granville silicon sealant on my plates as the front one fell off (in the works car park ooo the shame) and the rear was making a bid for freedom as well. Used the silicon on my MR2 plates and t-bar seals - it's pretty damn good!

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s surprising how much a nice plate with no adverts and makers name etc can improve the look of something so basic :like:

The standard mustang plinths are hideous - they look like a homemade afterthought ... :frown:

WD :like:

OP
OP

Mustang 24-7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for all the posts -- really appreciated :thumbsup:

pdavison

Threads
Reaction score