Sponsored

Now this is an EcoBoost exhaust I could live with!

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Sounds OK. I'm really wondering why that car is burning soo much oil. something ain't right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The 2.3 lima is a completely different engine design guys... OHC 2V per cylinder engine. Different timing as well... The modern ecoboost I am sorry to say will never sound like this because of the difference in design... DOHC 4v per cylinder...

SnowFox226

Threads
Reaction score
The 2.3 lima is a completely different engine design guys... OHC 2V per cylinder engine. Different timing as well... The modern ecoboost I am sorry to say will never sound like this because of the difference in design... DOHC 4v per cylinder...
Fair enough, I'll never like the sound of anything that's not a V8 ;) grew up around Camaros, firebirds, 442 olds, and a Lincoln. Now the mark iii has flow masters and I drive the firebird too. But the gas kills me honestly. Kills everyone. So no more V8 until I'm rich ;)

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The sound isn't too bad. Anyone else notice that the left exhaust pipe seems to be a fake tip? I can only see a muffler on the right side and only the right side has any exhaust coming out when revving.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The sound isn't too bad. Anyone else notice that the left exhaust pipe seems to be a fake tip? I can only see a muffler on the right side and only the right side has any exhaust coming out when revving.
I noticed that as well... Seems as though in the description they say it is a single exit exhaust.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I noticed that as well... Seems as though in the description they say it is a single exit exhaust.
Ah, gotcha. Makes sense then. I didn't read the description because I just watched the embedded vid. Thanks.

Darkrune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO EB
It sounds pretty good, but I think Cobb can do better. That being said, Cobbs pricing is sad face.

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
You're right in that the EcoBoost family of 4 cylinders will never sound like an old Lima, but it's not because of the head. It's because of the crankshaft. The EcoBoost family uses 180* crankshaft like a flat plane crank V8. This design doesn't require a balance shaft and is responsible for the smoother, almost rotary like sound. The Lima(and other modern turbo 4 cylinders like the SRT-4, Mazdaspeed 3/6, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, etc.) uses a 90* crankshaft which leads to uneven firing. The Lima's used a balance shaft(I don't believe the modern 4 cylinders do but I could be wrong) to smooth out vibrations but that uneven firing is what gives that great burble.

dundy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 eb mustang
I think it sounds good too! It is a 4cyl engine and does not sound raspy. I had a GT before. If you want V8 sound get a V8. I am going to contact them for more information.

Corfly02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue GT 6spd
For those of you that haven't seen this company's exhaust system yet, it's a single outlet design. If im not mystaken it's a turboback with an offroad (catless) option. 3" piping from turbo to tip and you can pick the size of the tip. When you shop on UP's website you can actually add a fake tip for the second outlet. There are rumors on this forum that they are designing a dual outlet option too but I have yet to find info from ultimate performance's website.
Sponsored