Now considering a Mach 1

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Why anyone would buy a Mach 1 is beyond me. I guess if you like getting bent over by Ford and then again by your local dealer then go ahead
Good Lord, not another one. We need to make the "why the Mach 1 is a rip off" thread a sticky so people like this guy can find it easier.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So I have looked around and priced these out and I got to tell you, I donā€™t like the way Ford is going with this car price wise. There are a lot of things that I donā€™t want that theyā€™re making me take. The biggest one is the active exhaust. I do not want it. The colors are good but 480 hp for that price does not jive with the ask because of all the standard features they forced in. Not just horsepower but looks as well. The GT350 looked great. I think Iā€™m just gonna continue building on my car. Of course the fact that I would want to build my own comes into play as I donā€™t think I would see the car at all until September or October or ???. Just my thoughts. I hope they fix the chip problem and all you guys get your cars really soon. šŸ™‚

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I know some of you may have seen my posts about how "overpriced" the Mach 1 is while I take full responsibility for saying that, I am now looking at a Mach 1 because I'm in a good position to throw a huge down payment on it. :cwl:

Reason being is my 2017 Mustang GT's value is insane right now. I can get what I paid for it new after TTL even and the trade in value is around $35,000 so needless to say, I think it would be dumb not to take this opportunity to move up. I'm already decided on pretty much every option, loading it up, but I'm stuck on the 10 speed vs manual debate. Without turning this into a flame war debate, we know the 10-speed is faster no doubt. I don't want to lose out on the rev match, no lift shift, Tremec transmission, and launch control on the manual. I'm afraid that the 10-speed may be a bit boring for me since this is a second car, garage queen, pure fun car for me. It could possibly see the track one day for fun but I'm mostly driving on the street in fair weather.

I also think that the Mach 1 needs less modding overall in comparison with a regular GT like my 17. While I do like where my 17 is currently, the Gen3 engine is superior in every way, including the Tremec gearbox. Even throwing an E85 tune on a Mach 1 will make this car insane once it can be tuned. Probably won't put headers on this time around since messing with emissions is a royal pain with O2 readiness (Good number of you may know).

How's the Tremec for you guys that have it? My MT-82 took a lot of work with an MGW Shifter and fluid swap to make it more improved, but it's not perfect of course.
Since you asked: i say just go for the big kahuna and jump in for the GT500. It is worth the xtra bucks. You know you want one.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Good Lord, not another one. We need to make the "why the Mach 1 is a rip off" thread a sticky so people like this guy can find it easier.
That, or maybe a mod can start giving some timeouts to them..........

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Since you asked: i say just go for the big kahuna and jump in for the GT500. It is worth the xtra bucks. You know you want one.
Had to make a deal with the fiancƩ on this one. I have 3 years to pay it off before moving into a new house. If I got the GT500, I'd probably be single.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just submitted the online form for the $37,170 to Vroom. Still can't believe that offer. Never in many years would I have thought I would get full value back (minus mods of course) on my original car.

If anyone is in the market for an On3 single turbo kit brand new with heat coating for 2015-2017 models, I have the entire kit for sale with no back ordered items. Looking to get what I paid for it + the coating which is around what they charge for it brand new now since they upped the price.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Why anyone would buy a Mach 1 is beyond me. I guess if you like getting bent over by Ford and then again by your local dealer then go ahead
Compare price of Mustang GT PP1 with Mach 1 (base) and then talk rubbish. All the improvements of Mach 1 over GT make it no-brainer to buy. I'd wish GT was specced as base Mach 1 by default actually. Finally a Mustang with a proper handling from factory that doesn't overheat on trackday.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I kinda interested in a Mach 1. Kinda hard for me ro justify getting rid of my 20 PP2 with the power pack upgrade.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I kinda interested in a Mach 1. Kinda hard for me ro justify getting rid of my 20 PP2 with the power pack upgrade.
What you have there is really close to the Mach 1 minus the coolers, aero, and Tremec if manual.

I stuck with the manual because of features like rev match, no lift shift, and launch control. I've heard nothing but good things about the transmission.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks again, @Zach@Granger for making it so smooth and easy. I knew I should have gone to you in the first place.

Loaded up Mach 1 in FJG, 6 speed, handling, elite, and Nav.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
What you have there is really close to the Mach 1 minus the coolers, aero, and Tremec if manual.

I stuck with the manual because of features like rev match, no lift shift, and launch control. I've heard nothing but good things about the transmission.
The only thing I really want is the trans.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If you don't mind, keep us updated on the process.
Will do. Hoping it goes smoothly as some others mentioned. I've seen some bad stories too.
Sponsored