Now considering a Mach 1

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I know some of you may have seen my posts about how "overpriced" the Mach 1 is while I take full responsibility for saying that, I am now looking at a Mach 1 because I'm in a good position to throw a huge down payment on it. :cwl:

Reason being is my 2017 Mustang GT's value is insane right now. I can get what I paid for it new after TTL even and the trade in value is around $35,000 so needless to say, I think it would be dumb not to take this opportunity to move up. I'm already decided on pretty much every option, loading it up, but I'm stuck on the 10 speed vs manual debate. Without turning this into a flame war debate, we know the 10-speed is faster no doubt. I don't want to lose out on the rev match, no lift shift, Tremec transmission, and launch control on the manual. I'm afraid that the 10-speed may be a bit boring for me since this is a second car, garage queen, pure fun car for me. It could possibly see the track one day for fun but I'm mostly driving on the street in fair weather.

I also think that the Mach 1 needs less modding overall in comparison with a regular GT like my 17. While I do like where my 17 is currently, the Gen3 engine is superior in every way, including the Tremec gearbox. Even throwing an E85 tune on a Mach 1 will make this car insane once it can be tuned. Probably won't put headers on this time around since messing with emissions is a royal pain with O2 readiness (Good number of you may know).

How's the Tremec for you guys that have it? My MT-82 took a lot of work with an MGW Shifter and fluid swap to make it more improved, but it's not perfect of course.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just looked at a local dealer at the sales price of a white one they have

$79,991
Yeah, one local to me as well. That's a big time hell no.

1620851636093.jpeg

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I know some of you may have seen my posts about how "overpriced" the Mach 1 is while I take full responsibility for saying that, I am now looking at a Mach 1 because I'm in a good position to throw a huge down payment on it. :cwl:

Reason being is my 2017 Mustang GT's value is insane right now. I can get what I paid for it new after TTL even and the trade in value is around $35,000 so needless to say, I think it would be dumb not to take this opportunity to move up. I'm already decided on pretty much every option, loading it up, but I'm stuck on the 10 speed vs manual debate. Without turning this into a flame war debate, we know the 10-speed is faster no doubt. I don't want to lose out on the rev match, no lift shift, Tremec transmission, and launch control on the manual. I'm afraid that the 10-speed may be a bit boring for me since this is a second car, garage queen, pure fun car for me. It could possibly see the track one day for fun but I'm mostly driving on the street in fair weather.

I also think that the Mach 1 needs less modding overall in comparison with a regular GT like my 17. While I do like where my 17 is currently, the Gen3 engine is superior in every way, including the Tremec gearbox. Even throwing an E85 tune on a Mach 1 will make this car insane once it can be tuned. Probably won't put headers on this time around since messing with emissions is a royal pain with O2 readiness (Good number of you may know).

How's the Tremec for you guys that have it? My MT-82 took a lot of work with an MGW Shifter and fluid swap to make it more improved, but it's not perfect of course.
It is hands down the best feeling shift I have ever experienced in any car. Launch control alone makes it worth it, but on top of that shifting quickly isn't really an issue with no lift shifts.

Autos are fine, but I don't think the difference between them and the 6 speeds will be as drastic numbers-wise this time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I considered one as well. I wont consider the Fkn ADM.
My 17 GT was $44,370 on MSRP. Ended up paying $35,900 before TTL after discounts and my Ford private cash stacked on stop of it. I'll never pay more than MSRP. So far, Zach at Granger is winning the orders game.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I will say the Tremec is way better than the Getrag...I will also say the hill assist sucks.

The only time I was missing the A10 was going up a hill 0-1 mph in a school pick up line. Other than that, I love the M6 and the downshift rev match.

I have not used the launch control yet...only 300 miles :(

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
we accept your apology and are willing to let you join the club :cwl:

now is the time to do it. crazy high trade in values + mach 1 pricing from granger = you can't go wrong

i ordered a 6 speed car. like you, my car is a second car garage queen and i don't care about lap times. for me, the 6 speed is more fun to drive on the street. if i could get a second mach 1 it would be an auto so i could have both. i'm sure the auto is a lot of fun but for what i wanted, the manual was the right choice.

I only have a few miles on mine so far but i think the trans is very impressive. it surprised me how solid it feels. i expected it to be an upgrade over mustangs i had test driven but it is amazing. i understand now all of the posts i have read from shelby guys talking about the tremec. it might be the best part of the mach 1 package. either way i don't think you can go wrong manual or auto. but i can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed with the 6 speed

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you getting 35000 trade in value on a 2017? How many miles on that car?
not sure where OP got his price from but for anyone looking into selling, give vroom a shot. i only heard about them on here and they just purchased my wife's golf gti. gave us more than kbb retail. i couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
we accept your apology and are willing to let you join the club :cwl:

now is the time to do it. crazy high trade in values + mach 1 pricing from granger = you can't go wrong

i ordered a 6 speed car. like you, my car is a second car garage queen and i don't care about lap times. for me, the 6 speed is more fun to drive on the street. if i could get a second mach 1 it would be an auto so i could have both. i'm sure the auto is a lot of fun but for what i wanted, the manual was the right choice.

I only have a few miles on mine so far but i think the trans is very impressive. it surprised me how solid it feels. i expected it to be an upgrade over mustangs i had test driven but it is amazing. i understand now all of the posts i have read from shelby guys talking about the tremec. it might be the best part of the mach 1 package. either way i don't think you can go wrong manual or auto. but i can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed with the 6 speed
This is what I like to see. I also love the way a manual sounds with exhaust. Full control to make all the noise I want!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
not sure where OP got his price from but for anyone looking into selling, give vroom a shot. i only heard about them on here and they just purchased my wife's golf gti. gave us more than kbb retail. i couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough.
Vroom offered me $37,170. Yes, I have proof. Market is red hot where I am for Mustangs that can be driven year round.

Screenshot_20210512-160457.png

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I like to see. I also love the way a manual sounds with exhaust. Full control to make all the noise I want!
bring me some texas bbq and you're welcome to test drive my car lol
the exhaust sounds really good. i wish it was a little louder but thats what the aftermarket is for
:devil: apologies in advance to my neighbors............

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
damn, they are quoting 36204 for mine. More than a quote I got when I had 1000 miles on the car lol. Damn dealership offered 27k when it was 1 month old with 1k miles lol.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Where are you getting 35000 trade in value on a 2017? How many miles on that car?
19,961 miles.

A dealer not local around here.
Sponsored