Sponsored

Non PP GT side diffuser/front splitter painted to match

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are there any pics floating around out there of a non-PP GT with the side diffusers and front lower splitter painted to match the body? Mine are the black textured and Im considering painting them to match the rest of the car (like the rear is on mine now), but wanted to see one, if possible, before I start removing panels and taking them to my painter. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
:thumbdown: It wont look good IMHO. Maybe someone can find a pic but I couldn't.

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Take a couple good pics of the side and front of your car and post them in the photoshop thread in the S550 photos sub forum and ask there for someone to do what you are asking to the pics. There are some forum members in there that can photoshop what you want done and can see if it looks good. They are very good at it and can't even tell it's photoshopped.

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I havent seen one myself but i think it would be more work than its worth. To make it look good all the texture would need to be sanded smooth then painted. If they where just scuffed and painted the texture would just look bad imo.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
The biggest argument against painting the lower deflectors is because of road debris and rock chips to the paint. On my 2008 Mustang GT, the lowers were painted body color and i was constantly touching up the paint chips and the black asphalt streaks. It is a chore that i grew tired of doing every few weeks. I prefer the black textured lowers that do not show any of that and they wipe off easily.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550ilver

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
All great responses, and with some further thought I agree, bad idea. As for the photoshop request, I have been a graphic designer/photographer/creative director for 20 years and have used PSD for all those, and with all my projects going on I just didnt have time to get a pic of the car and do it. But now Im glad I didnt because the idea wasnt so great. :(

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I don't think it's actually a bad idea. The front splitter shouldn't be painted, but the side skirts would be fine paint matched. Look up the foose by mmd side skirts, they are paint matched.
Sponsored