Sponsored

Rear Diffuser & Rear Bumper Side Splitters for 2015-2017 S550 Base/Non Premium Package

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Got bored of the RTR style rear diffuser so got this one here from Ebay for approx. $250CAD including taxes and import fees. Extra cost was 2 cans of Hyperdip Shadow Black and 2 cans of Duplicolor Clear Coat. Paint match is 95% close to factory as unless you're going to pay a shop to do this for much more I had chosen to do this outside by myself. Installation and fitment was easy but took a while for me to get it setup because I had no jack and did it at the height of the car and also had to remove my old diffuser setup before putting in the new one. I don't love the new look and prefer the other setup but nothing wrong with change and still have the old parts if I ever want to revert back to the old setup. Last picture is the old setup and the rest of the pics are for the new setup.

1.jpg
2.jpg
Parking Lot.jpg
Parking Lot 2.jpg
Parking Lot 4.jpg
Parking Lot 5.jpg
2.jpg

thumbnail_Wickerbill 2 - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I've been eyeing this up as well. And close ups of where you put the screws in? How has it held up? How about where the exhaust is, did it melt?

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I've been eyeing this up as well. And close ups of where you put the screws in? How has it held up? How about where the exhaust is, did it melt?
Yes and you will have to use 2 1/2 self tapping screws to do the installation which is pretty simple but much easier if you have a second pair of hands to help you! My mistake was using Hyperdip and a cheap Duplicolor clear coat from Canadiantire and this is why it didn't hold up. I get so much ice and snow build up around the diffuser area because this is my daily even in our Canadian winter so when your trying to rinse off the ice on the diffuser with hot water let's just say it's just a bad idea. The weight of the ice and how ice sticks to plastic "if you get what I mean". Next summer, I will peel off the plasti dip and then properly paint it and using 2K commercial clear coat to avoid my first mistake, DON'T use Hyperdip or any type of plasti dip.

Last edited:

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
The plastic itself holds up though? They sell these in matte black now so I won't be painting it. I was worried if it would even fit. I've seen some videos where the Corsa exhaust tips look like they touch the plastic!
Where did you opt to position the screws on the center diffuser piece?

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Sorry forgot to take a pic of the area for the tapping screws but I'll add an old pic of the RTR style diffuser for reference because it went in the same area. Pretty sure you can figure out the side pieces as they are also easy to install. It's help up perfectly fine with nothing coming loose or any weird bent plastic. Only thing that's pissing me off is my choice of choosing to paint it with Hyperdip! The matte black looks kinda cheap IMO and I would suggest painting it so it gives it a much better finish...

2 Inch Screw Placement Areas.jpg
Sponsored