Sponsored

Noisy rear upgrade

Stingera1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I recently installed rear viking crusader adjustable shocks and bmr cradle lockout kit, i have bmr drag springs and vertical links also. Only the right side is noisy it “creeks” only when the suspension compresses and rebounds. The left does not make a sound. Could this be a improperly installed component? Its really not a big deal for me just wanting to be sure everything is installed correctly.

Thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed rear viking crusader adjustable shocks and bmr cradle lockout kit, i have bmr drag springs and vertical links also. Only the right side is noisy it “creeks” only when the suspension compresses and rebounds. The left does not make a sound. Could this be a improperly installed component? Its really not a big deal for me just wanting to be sure everything is installed correctly.

Thanks
The vikings are known to do this. I'd start there. What kind of vertical links? Did you grease them if the poly ones?

OP
OP
Stingera1a

Stingera1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the delrin bushing vert links. I thought about swapping the shocks to see if the nouse went to the other side when i put my drag setup on.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If this noise wasn't there before, then my guess is that it's the cradle lockout if anything.

I've had all 3 on my car and it also creaked, and since I have removed the shocks and the vertical links and it still does it. Now I don't remember if I had it when stock or not, but based on elimination factor the only thing it could be is the cradle lockout.

OP
OP
Stingera1a

Stingera1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks. I put the cradle lockout and links on the same time, would greasing the lockout bushings help at all you think? Not a big deal to me but if i can quiet it down id like to

Thanks

If this noise wasn't there before, then my guess is that it's the cradle lockout if anything.

I've had all 3 on my car and it also creaked, and since I have removed the shocks and the vertical links and it still does it. Now I don't remember if I had it when stock or not, but based on elimination factor the only thing it could be is the cradle lockout.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I see people mention this quote often:

"Cradle bushing lockout kit is / may be making noise"

That is extremely uncommon. Out of the thousands upon thousands out there, I've only confirmed noise on less than 5 occurrences. Of those, 3~ were due to improper installation.

If its Delrin bushed vertical links, that may be the cculprit. Feel free to give me a ring Monday OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I install the BMR Lockout Kit and Vertical Links and no noise at all.
Waiting on upper rear shock mounts to install my Viking Shocks,I guess they are on back order?

snotrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Premium, hellion 6266 tt, 18'intake, boundary billet opg& cs id1050x, jms bap, msd 2-step, m/t et street r bias 28-11.5x17, steers tri-ax shifter, gforce II boost control,
I've got the lockouts and vert links and no noise, about to do Steeds spherical lower control arm bushings. Waiting for Viking Crusaders shocks to arrive at American Muscle.

OP
OP
Stingera1a

Stingera1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks ill try and check the vertical links

OP
OP
Stingera1a

Stingera1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I see people mention this quote often:

"Cradle bushing lockout kit is / may be making noise"

That is extremely uncommon. Out of the thousands upon thousands out there, I've only confirmed noise on less than 5 occurrences. Of those, 3~ were due to improper installation.

If its Delrin bushed vertical links, that may be the cculprit. Feel free to give me a ring Monday OP
Quick update finally got the car on the life reinstalled the noisy vertical link this time using all of the supplied grease, and no noise!

While I was fine if there was no fix and wanted to thank Kelly from BMR for the fast response and guided opinion. Now to hit the track
Sponsored