Gt350 rear brembo upgrade

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
I was just wondering if it is possible or even advisable to swap out the rear calipers on my performance pack car for the Shelbys. I plan on powder coating the calipers and like the look of the monoblock style brembo that comes on the fronts and on the rears of the Shelby. Would I have to swap the rotors out too?

Thanks
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
The swap is calipers, rotors, knuckles...the whole damn thing.

Unless you're doing the swap on all 4 sides, I would suggest to not do it....altered front/rear brake bias issues.

Disasterpiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium Plus with Performance Pack
The swap is calipers, rotors, knuckles...the whole damn thing.

Unless you're doing the swap on all 4 sides, I would suggest to not do it....altered front/rear brake bias issues.
How much different are the PP Brembos vs the GT350 Brembos? I know the GT350 has a .2" larger rotor, but I was under the impression the calipers were the same. If the calipers are the same, it shouldn't change the brake bias characteristics.

The biggest factor is how much different the rear calipers are, but it's very unlikely anyone on the street will be able to notice a change in performance.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If the calipers are the same, it shouldn't change the brake bias characteristics.
Not if you keep the master cylinder the same, which is different than the GT350.

If you changed out the master along with the rear brake setup setup yes it would probably be very similar.

But if you keep the GTPP master the same (that is designed for 6 piston brembos up front and single piston crapola out back) and you just change the rear setup to a 4 piston brembo than you better believe that the brake bias will change.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How much different are the PP Brembos vs the GT350 Brembos? I know the GT350 has a .2" larger rotor, but I was under the impression the calipers were the same. If the calipers are the same, it shouldn't change the brake bias characteristics.

The biggest factor is how much different the rear calipers are, but it's very unlikely anyone on the street will be able to notice a change in performance.
The GT350 rotors are almost 3" larger diameter than the GT/GT PP rear rotors. That will have a dramatic effect on brake bias as the rear brake torque will be increased substantially.
Sponsored