Nobody likes Mach 1's

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
My X plan only went up to premium gt otherwise would have gotten a Mach 1. My 401A is plenty of fun and I don't really give a shit about folks not into it. I have zero payments which is even nicer. The X plan saved me 4k which went to sales tax and new plates.
Sponsored

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
We are the classic example of the forgotten middle child.

After 18 months of ownership, a trend has emerged, at least in Western PA.

GT350 and 500 guys tend to look down on us because, well, we're not them.

GT and EB guys snub us because they think we are rich kids who can afford a nice car.

Every car show I go to, the only people who come to check out the car and lower themselves to actually talk about it are guys who at one time thought about buying one.

Was at a show today and everyone ogled the orange 1969 Chevy Nova next to me but 5-6 people asked about the M1 and almost all said they had thought about buying one. The winner for the "Modern Muscle" class was a 2014 Challenger with an engine cover that had a picture of a Coyote waving a white flag. A guy came over and asked me about the Challenger and I said just point us to the nearest twisty road.

BTW 18 mos and still have only seen 1 other in person, Cyber Orange 2022 last fall. If nothing else we are rare.
I bought a 22 cyber orange M1 manual,in December paid $3500 under MSRP ,had a 15 and a 17 GT, the M1 in my opinion is the best bag for the buck, I could careless what other people think of the M1, puts a smile on my face every day

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Honestly who cares what others think? There are plenty of Shelby owners that look down on the
Mach 1, GT owners that drag race and see it as only 20HP+stickers, and Mach 1 owners that are super sensitive to someone saying they prefer the GT350 over the Mach 1. Heck on facebook there are HP owners that gatekeep and talk down about non-HP cars (the difference is small-I've swapped everything and more). What I have noticed is the Mach 1 has really attracted the corvette crowd. There's lots of overbadge-itis and people obsessed with cars and coffee and saying their car is 1 of 1 or really rare.

Just drive the thing!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK this is cracking me up, I must be terrible at making my point.

Here's the kind of thing I was thinking people might ask at shows:

"How did you embroider the headrests?"

"Where did you get the black fender badges?"

"Do you like the Redline hood struts?"

"Why did you ditch the handling package wheels for the Ford Performance wheels?"

Like THAT kind of conversation.

Now, looking back on what I just typed, the audience who would ask those questions is pretty small compared to the average ham-and-egger car show patron.

So again, my expectations are not realistic. Got to recalibrate.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP

"Why did you ditch the handling package wheels for the Ford Performance wheels?"

Now, looking back on what I just typed, the audience who would ask those questions is pretty small compared to the average ham-and-egger car show patron.

So again, my expectations are not realistic. Got to recalibrate.
Lol, just being realistic here, I’m pretty sure no matter what car you have no one is going to be impressed by hood struts. All those “mods” are quite basic, and while they are nice touches to make the car your own, like you say to the average person they aren’t necessarily things that will stick out. I still think a lot of people will see the car overall and be impressed with the presence it has.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They look good to me!

SV107 Mach 1 Liquid Platinum15.jpeg
IMG_0673.jpeg
SV107 Mach 1 Liquid Platinum11.jpeg
SV107 Mach 1 Liquid Platinum16.jpeg

But having owned a 350R and 500 the Mach does lack some of that special sauce because it sits in between the two most recent top dogs. The Mach needed its own persona, without any of the parts shared from other platforms. In 03/04 the shaker hood and unique bumper gave it a new look. But this one is harder for people to know what it is, or what it’s built for.
I like getting nice comments about my cars and trucks, but I probably get more compliments on my Eruption Green Mach1's paint color than anything else. Mustang guys mostly like my mods (GT500 hood, etc.) and the color.

I have only seen 5 or 6 Mach1's in the wild here in Nor Cal, and 3 of them were at one C&C up in the Delta Area. Heck, there were only 2 or 3 Mach1's at Fabulous Fords Forever a couple weeks ago in So.Cal. the largest All Ford show West of the Rockies, and was only one other EG anything, a GT500 with a matte PPF wrap.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The only Mustang I cringe or vomit at are the'74-'78 models. All good with the rest.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Are you preaching about insecurity with your username? :giggle:
Let's not pretend anything, everyone cares what others think about their performance vehicle.
That's one of the reasons mustangs sell like hot cakes.
I take it your not a Monty Python fan - that said, I really don't care about what anyone thinks about what I drive. I like what's in my garage, and that's the only opinion I care about.

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
We are the classic example of the forgotten middle child.

After 18 months of ownership, a trend has emerged, at least in Western PA.

GT350 and 500 guys tend to look down on us because, well, we're not them.

GT and EB guys snub us because they think we are rich kids who can afford a nice car.

Every car show I go to, the only people who come to check out the car and lower themselves to actually talk about it are guys who at one time thought about buying one.

Was at a show today and everyone ogled the orange 1969 Chevy Nova next to me but 5-6 people asked about the M1 and almost all said they had thought about buying one. The winner for the "Modern Muscle" class was a 2014 Challenger with an engine cover that had a picture of a Coyote waving a white flag. A guy came over and asked me about the Challenger and I said just point us to the nearest twisty road.

BTW 18 mos and still have only seen 1 other in person, Cyber Orange 2022 last fall. If nothing else we are rare.
Come to think of it, I hardly see an M1 on the road. I'd love to have one for the looks and performance, but they're more car than I can afford right now. My GT will have to do. I'll never understand M1 hate though.

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 / 04 Terminator Cobra / 22 Bronco
You want to talk about not getting noticed at shows? Try having a 2004 Terminator Cobra that's built and making 700 to the wheels with my build sheet info on the car and dyno sheet and losing out to 2012 GT's that have VIP accessories on them.

I've seen a few Mach 1's in my area, one last weekend at a car show / rally that I did in NH and I saw one the summer before that on a big Mustang cruise. Overall they are nice Mustangs I do like them. Losing out to S550's and Coyotes at car shows all the time with the Cobra kinda got to me after awhile so I decided to one up all of them and got a GT350 lol. Seriously I had wanted one for about 6 years now and was just able to finally make it happen.

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Personally the m1 is my favourite s550. I'm not a car show or c&c person but I know what I like and the m1 followed by the bullit are great looking retro cars and would have either and be happy. Because a vert was my preference the cs/gt is where I landed- but coupe wise m1 every day.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

In 2023 we’re lucky to have any of these great GT’s M1’s etc. All of them.

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
As someone who has just recently started attending C&C again, I feel the overall perception of my car, and all cars, is good. Do I have a shit-ton of people all over my car? No, some stop and look, if Im near my car, and get a question, I answer politely and move on.

Honestly, this forum is the only place I have ever heard anyone talk shit about the Mach 1, which granted its usually started by comparing it to the Shelby's. I truly enjoy my car, and and appreciate everyone's choice of modifications, regardless if its my taste or not.

The problem with most of the car community, is the "my car is better than yours" mentality, this spreads from all the manufactures, model trims, color, etc. My only real gripe is Ford calling that reworked electric Escape a Mustang, which was only a marketing scheme anyway.

Like others have said, all of us have mass produced Mustangs, from the top level 500 to the lowest EB. If you are happy with your car, who gives a flip what others think, I do not. That is one of the biggest reasons I chose PRTS-BIN as my plate, I laugh off the silliness and move on.

Im going to add a 500 to my fleet this year, I will still keep my Mach and enjoy both cars equally. Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading. again just my.02 on this topic.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP; Prior:20 Camaro SS 1LE, 17 GT350
You want to talk about not getting noticed at shows? Try having a 2004 Terminator Cobra that's built and making 700 to the wheels with my build sheet info on the car and dyno sheet and losing out to 2012 GT's that have VIP accessories on them.

I've seen a few Mach 1's in my area, one last weekend at a car show / rally that I did in NH and I saw one the summer before that on a big Mustang cruise. Overall they are nice Mustangs I do like them. Losing out to S550's and Coyotes at car shows all the time with the Cobra kinda got to me after awhile so I decided to one up all of them and got a GT350 lol. Seriously I had wanted one for about 6 years now and was just able to finally make it happen.
Anytime there's a terminator down south, people lose their minds. Come to the promised land. We will kiss your toes.

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 / 04 Terminator Cobra / 22 Bronco
Anytime there's a terminator down south, people lose their minds. Come to the promised land. We will kiss your toes.
Eventually I’ll be moving out of this frozen hell hole. The Cobra is nice but other than straight line speed the GT350 is better in every other aspect every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Sponsored