Sponsored

No Love

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
My brutha from anotha mutha!

Not saying we're being elitists, but if you want my wave, you gotta work for it. Popping your hood, tossing an exhaust on, and talking about how you totally f'n waxed a dude from a roll just isn't going to cut it. Going to the track or strip and putting these things to work will. I'll even provide free donuts.
That's why I keep my tech inspection stickers on the windshield
Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Most I see running around don’t look like guys I’d want to wave to in the first place.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I do. I also asked this same question today on a Huntsville mustang club site!

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
so weird, the norm for me getting revved at for Hellos is fairly high and consistent. Seeing a mustang and not acknowledging each other is the lesser response.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
When I was driving my two EcoBoost for the 6 years, i would always either give thumbs up, or a peace sign to whichever whoever mustang that waved at me. I don't care what you drive, as long as it was a mustang. I've been waved by s197 shelbys, s197 rousch, s550 GT's.

I passed by a white GT350 with blue stripe years ago, when they were barely released. I was very excited to see a GT350. The dude never opened his window (who the f drives a flat plane crank V8 with their windows closed in a nice weather???). Maybe because I was in a white EB...

Now I drive a GT PP1, I try to acknowledge other mustangs (esp s550), and the EN owners do not reciprocate. I mean, when I drove my EB's, i LOVED my mustangs. Yes, i did think V8's sounded amazing, and yes was a bit jealous of the sound, but I was only jealous of the sound. I was totally fine with the performance of my car...

But I guess some EB owners must feel like they have a chip on their shoulder? I don't know.

I will even wave at a Mach-E (have seen two so far), and the grabber blue just passed by me on the road with nothing, and I saw a magnetic Mach-E and I though maybe owner would like to talk about their new car, but nope, no acknowledgment and he just walked away.

I acknowledge the Mach-E's because as much as I wish they didn't use the name mustang, i hate Tesla's and their stuck up owners even more. I hate the design of the model x,y, and 3. If I had to pick an ev, and I had to choose between model y, hummer ev, etron, and mach-E, I would choose the mach e. But I have a feeling the mach e owner that I saw maybe is an ev elitist and not a mustang enthusiast...

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I blame Silicon Valley bi-polars. I am too busy avoiding Toyota Prius weaving around 80+ mph or driving like a turtle in the left lane. Also don't get me started on those Tesla "Auto Freezing" on those turns. I get more compliments and waves for my car at in-n-out and costco gasoline :dance:.

I know exactly what you mean, 580 is a landmine of teslas and prius's that are content with cruising around 65 in the fast lane. Then when you use the middle lane to pass they all of a sudden want to speed up lol. Fortunately they are just golf carts with doors. :crackup:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Most here drive ecobooms.. and they think it's beneath them to wave/acknowledge us GT/GT350 peasants. Cause we cruise normally, don't sideshow in parking lots, & take their rent money cause they were sure a turbo is faster than a V8. True story.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I know exactly what you mean, 580 is a landmine of teslas and prius's that are content with cruising around 65 in the fast lane. Then when you use the middle lane to pass they all of a sudden want to speed up lol. Fortunately they are just golf carts with doors. :crackup:
Exactly. It pisses me off when you’re trying to cruise by them and they do that. My favorite thing is moving into the left-hand lane in front of them and going 35 miles an hour until they move over to their proper lane. Then GOOOO!

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Might be where you are from. In my community there are plenty of Mustangs. I always look for eye contact and if a wave is shown I will wave back. Lots of times and more fun is the rev. With my auto though I have to jab the pedal to get a rev match downshift, and sometimes it's a bit too late. I can usually tell by looking at the Mustang if it's worthy of a good rev. Young male drivers like to show a bit, and I enjoy it too.

Kool looking Mustangs may be a turnoff to a lot of people. I have this thing about me that wants to be on guard all the time for potential challenges whether at the light or on the highway. The wife says "do you always have to be the leader in the fast lane?" I laff but find truth in it.
✌

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
My new favorite is the new Camry's. Throw a few skirts on the car at the factory and these guys think it's fast now. :cwl:
Don't make me come looking for you in my Camry :)

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've only ever had 1 wave at me. I've tried waving, but gave up. Even the other day I was in the left lane at a light. A guy in a semi beat up New Edge 1 car ahead of me in the right lane saw me in his mirror. He looked over at my car. I waved. He just gave me the, "I'm jealous" look.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It depends on my mood. I'm not the type of person to always be in super friendly nice mode.

That being said, there is a group that I refuse to react positively towards. It's the idiots with the fart cans and intakes without a tune that backfire like crazy. You know, the ones that love to stay in first gear through a parking lot so they can keep backing off for the pop pop pop, letting the world know their cars run like sh*t. My girlfriend has taken to asking me if we're "going hunting" when one drives by us.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I've only ever had 1 wave at me. I've tried waving, but gave up. Even the other day I was in the left lane at a light. A guy in a semi beat up New Edge 1 car ahead of me in the right lane saw me in his mirror. He looked over at my car. I waved. He just gave me the, "I'm jealous" look.
The guy may have bought the car cheap and had no idea why you were waving at him lol.

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love hitting the friendly wave or rev for cars here in Tucson. I’ve got a fellow s550 owner on base and I do it every time I see him and he hits me right back with it. I especially love it when cops give me the thumbs up cuz they like the ride.
Sponsored