Sponsored

No driving a manual does not make you smarter, more skilled, a better driver or more of a car guy.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Jesus Im so tired of hearing this crap at every flippin car meet. Like driving a manual makes you a superior being. I can promise your clutch does not support your argument on that.
Huh, that would annoy me too. No wonder I haven't been to a car meet in years. You should hang out at the road course instead. People there are more focused on driving rather than talking.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, that would annoy me too. No wonder I haven't been to a car meet in years. You should hang out at the road course instead. People there are more focused on driving rather than talking.
Lol, what road course you go to? road course for dummies? No self respecting track would allow an auto driver.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I’ll take that bet.
Let me know when you are in asheville. Lol but I'll let ya know a lotus Elise a car basically built for those roads had a time. I'm not talking meandering roads I'm talking a 2 mile road with 15 hairpins and a 2500 foot elevation change where you'll be 10 foot higher on one side of the hairpin then the other with a turn no bigger then the car.... There are apartments at the top for rent for 600 a month they can't rent cause the road is so difficult to drive.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lol, what road course you go to? road course for dummies? No self respecting track would allow an auto driver.
I've been to a few different road courses, but manual vs. auto never came up at any of them. They will take your money no matter what transmission is in your car. I've never taken a car with an automatic transmission to the road course, but that's off topic to this thread.

And the last time I was at the road course all the instructors took us around the track in Ford Explorers. LOL.

and just for good measure here's another. LOL.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm talking a 2 mile road with 15 hairpins and a 2500 foot elevation change where you'll be 10 foot higher on one side of the hairpin then the other with a turn no bigger then the car....
I assume you drive this road often? A bad driver who knows that kind of road will mostly beat a good driver who has never seen it before.

When I lived in TN I used to take a road to Chattanooga called the W road. Also US 127 from Dunlap to Signal Mountain. I could beat most people in my then 1976 Cordoba. I knew the road and the car.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I assume you drive this road often? A bad driver who knows that kind of road will mostly beat a good driver who has never seen it before.

When I lived in TN I used to take a road to Chattanooga called the W road. Also US 127 from Dunlap to Signal Mountain. I could beat most people in my then 1976 Cordoba. I knew the road and the car.
God no the road sucks. I only take challengers there. Maybe 5 times at most.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
why do people care about what someone else drives? this is why this is so dumb to even discuss
Exactly my point. So I've never understood all the manual guys and thier superior driver chatter. Auto people don't care.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
God no the road sucks
That was the W road during the day. The switch back turns only had enough room for one car so it was a traffic jam. Had to run it late at night.

I had a house on Fredonia mountain and the road from town to the top was major fun. 8 or 9 switch backs these had enough room for opposite directions to pass. But there was never any traffic.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Exactly my point. So I've never understood all the manual guys and thier superior driver chatter. Auto people don't care.
Yet here you are. And you've started an entire thread and feverishly defended the very thing you claim not to care about.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; Yet you started this thread.
Hello; Cause they are annoying and I wanted to vent and I love to get people riled up and my threads are typically not boring lol

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yet here you are. And you've started an entire thread and feverishly defended the very thing you claim not to care about.
See my reply above...

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That was the W road during the day. The switch back turns only had enough room for one car so it was a traffic jam. Had to run it late at night.

I had a house on Fredonia mountain and the road from town to the top was major fun. 8 or 9 switch backs these had enough room for opposite directions to pass. But there was never any traffic.
Sorta sounds like this road I'm talking about. In one part you cross a waterfall and then in another it narrows to one car because they squeezed the road between the mountain side and a cliff lol

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know when you are in asheville.
I sure will. What’s the wager?

Lol but I'll let ya know a lotus Elise a car basically built for those roads had a time. I'm not talking meandering roads I'm talking a 2 mile road with 15 hairpins and a 2500 foot elevation change where you'll be 10 foot higher on one side of the hairpin then the other with a turn no bigger then the car.... There are apartments at the top for rent for 600 a month they can't rent cause the road is so difficult to drive.
I’ve driven a few tough roads in my time. I’ll be fine. Please bring cash.
Sponsored