Sponsored

No driving a manual does not make you smarter, more skilled, a better driver or more of a car guy.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
(Peeks head in)
24b9cb670e5fd32c5e13f28b52f3b474af95a48a42379070e4ed2a5b67b1b49e_1.gif
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
We can't argue politics any more, we can't argue Democrat vs. Republican, we can't argue right vs. left, we can't argue FOX news vs. MSNBC.............. so we have resorted to Auto vs. Manual.................. DAMN, we humans are a funny bunch idiots...!!!
Before the election BS there was always the adventures of Manual Man and Auto Boy. This predates silly political trash.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
So what does everyone think about Outlanders? Taking Friday off to play the crap out of it.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
It looks too much like Destiny for me, and I fell off of Destiny because it was too much like a job after a while. GaaS are also rarely worth jumping into until they've been well established. The developers pour years into making the game, and the community burns through all of the available content in a matter of weeks, if not days. Then they clamor for MOAR CONTENTS, which the devs scramble put out ahead of their ravenous fanbase.

Edit:
Wait, I'm thinking of Outriders. I have no clue what Outlanders is...
I meant Outriders, brain was temporarily off while watching Kongzilla

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yeah, from the first reveal I got real Destiny vibes. Hell, some of the characters are basically Exo's. I was expecting Nathan Fillion to start talking the whole time.

I'm currently playing NFS Heat since they added it (and MANY other games) to Gamepass. Best entry in the series since Most Wanted (2005). Car is set to automatic because shifting on the controller gives me hand cramps :crackup:
I get more Mass Effect vibes mostly and LOVED the first few of those. I absolutely suck at shooters but enjoy playing them with some gamer friends. I sow the seeds of chaos and run around aimlessly while they kill everything. In the demo anyway, our strategy was top notch and I actually did very well.

I also drive auto transmission on games. Played The Crew 2 forever and just picked up Forza Horizon 4 on steam and played it till it crashed. Then Outriders demo was found so haven't raced in a bit. Might have to check out NFS Heat.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I get more Mass Effect vibes mostly and LOVED the first few of those. I absolutely suck at shooters but enjoy playing them with some gamer friends. I sow the seeds of chaos and run around aimlessly while they kill everything. In the demo anyway, our strategy was top notch and I actually did very well.

I also drive auto transmission on games. Played The Crew 2 forever and just picked up Forza Horizon 4 on steam and played it till it crashed. Then Outriders demo was found so haven't raced in a bit. Might have to check out NFS Heat.
SHAME

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I love my car, ordered it afterall. But I wouldn't turn down a weekend with an A10 at all, they are badass! I'm not your normal Manual Man I guess lol.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I love my car, ordered it afterall. But I wouldn't turn down a weekend with an A10 at all, they are badass! I'm not your normal Manual Man I guess lol.
I think anyone who turns down a free track day because the car is automatic can safely be labeled a dumb ass, lol.

I just had to shame you because you're playing video games the way you want to and having fun. That's not allowed, obviously.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think anyone who turns down a free track day because the car is automatic can safely be labeled a dumb ass, lol.

I just had to shame you because you're playing video games the way you want to and having fun. That's not allowed, obviously.
Indeed. How dare I?!? I do ALWAYS switch to manual mode when there could be black ice in video games though...EVERYONE knows black ice means you NEED that manual transmission.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I’ve never owned an auto, but I don’t live in heavily congested areas. Even in traffic I never honestly get annoyed. That’s what music’s for. Relaxation
I drove my '15 and '17 EB 6MT in NYC traffic two to three times a day for 6 years (and Genesis Coupe 2.0T 6MT for 3 years before that). I could just take the train in/out of the city, but I actually didn't mind driving my 6MT in traffic.

I went into NYC yesterday with my '19 GT 6MT. Got stuck in Mangattan traffic. I didn't mind at all, but I guess that's just me.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Sometimes I wish I bought a manual just so no one could steal it....

I think my wife would like my car more if it was a manual though. First girl I dated that could drive a stick hard so I had to marry her :p
My wife actually taught me how to drive a manual! I knew her in HS, and then lost contact for 10 years, then we met again. She was driving manuals, i wasn't.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Exactly my point. So I've never understood all the manual guys and thier superior driver chatter. Auto people don't care.
Yeah. You'd never catch an auto driver starting a thread like this. 🙄

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yeah. You'd never catch an auto driver starting a thread like this. 🙄
LOL yeah but the point of the thread isn't to say we are better or anything like that its me complaining cause I'm tired of hearing it. so there is a difference. 18 pages in I think only 2 people have said I drive manuals because I prefer them, that's all, the rest are all convinced they are better drivers cause they drive a manual. thats the issue i have . stop going around telling everyone who doesn't drive a manual they are brain dead boring drivers and saying how great manual drivers are.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
LOL yeah but the point of the thread isn't to say we are better or anything like that its me complaining cause I'm tired of hearing it. so there is a difference. 18 pages in I think only 2 people have said I drive manuals because I prefer them, that's all, the rest are all convinced they are better drivers cause they drive a manual. thats the issue i have . stop going around telling everyone who doesn't drive a manual they are brain dead boring drivers and saying how great manual drivers are.
Oh yeah, and the other side of that coin. A10 shifts 800 times faster, that's not some lame worn out statement is it?

I like the 6sp period, A10 is boring, brake on brake off.

You sound envious LMAO and could be cause we manual drives are having MORE fun.

Next topic BBQ tick and that nonsense.
Sponsored