Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I guess the heat melts the double sided adhesive after a while. Thanks for the heads up.
not sure what will be my plan B.....i'll just keep plate off for now. Hopefully PD has more pressing issues than no front plate! :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
tomservo92

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
just ran into an issue with my plate holder. seems the hot weather is affecting the glue on the base. The plate was sitting at an angle and looked like somebody pulled it down. The glue is actually pulling away from where it mounts to body. I took off plate and will see if the base sets overnight. If that doesn't work I may contact vendor. We've had some high 80s and 90s last few days. This has been on since last August without issue until today.
1B60AE73-4B2F-4B64-96CB-8F6C7F2F3103_1_105_c.jpeg
It reached a 102 here in Houston today so I'm glad I went with the bolt-on option instead.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Will Sly Brackets fit the Cervini C Series lower grille? Since my Steeda order was cancelled due to fulfillment requirements I am debating on ordering this directly from Cervini so would be looking to make sure this plate mount could still be utilized.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked the Sto N Sho installation instructions on American Muscle and it says you have to drill a hole for the rear mounting screw in Step 5. Maybe it's different for newer Mustangs?
The dealer installed a Sto &Sho on my 2019 when new, it had one hole drilled. Turns out Mcree Ford Clear Lake Tx does not drill Mustang bumpers.

OP
OP
tomservo92

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Will Sly Brackets fit the Cervini C Series lower grille? Since my Steeda order was cancelled due to fulfillment requirements I am debating on ordering this directly from Cervini so would be looking to make sure this plate mount could still be utilized.
They're bracket is practically a universal fit. My only concern would be how large are the openings in the grille as you have to insert the mounting clamps through the grille. It's hard to tell looking at the photos of the Cervini. Once you get the grill, measure the opening and then contact Sly Brackets to see if it'll fit.

Reactions: MCS

Sponsored

OP
OP
tomservo92

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer installed a Sto &Sho on my 2019 when new, it had one hole drilled. Turns out Mcree Ford Clear Lake Tx does not drill Mustang bumpers.
Neither does Gullo Ford of Conroe. I'm sure they would have installed a Sto & Sho for me if I'd requested it at the time. They sponsor a local Mustang club and are very attuned to what owners want and like.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I still have yet to put my front plate on. I just keep it in the trunk. Sto n sho bracket installed so i can throw it on quick if anyone gets cranky about it. Lol

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
just ran into an issue with my plate holder. seems the hot weather is affecting the glue on the base. The plate was sitting at an angle and looked like somebody pulled it down. The glue is actually pulling away from where it mounts to body. I took off plate and will see if the base sets overnight. If that doesn't work I may contact vendor. We've had some high 80s and 90s last few days. This has been on since last August without issue until today.
1B60AE73-4B2F-4B64-96CB-8F6C7F2F3103_1_105_c.jpeg
Do you remember if you used the adhesive activator when you installed this? I know it helps the double sided tape bond.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you remember if you used the adhesive activator when you installed this? I know it helps the double sided tape bond.
im sure i did......did not want any excuse for not working

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I've been riding with mine off lately too. My girlfriend HATES it stuck in the front window with the little setup I had cause she can't see out the window fully. I have it in the footwell so if I'm yanked over we can throw it on the dash/window and say it's up.

As soon as the Cerinvi C Series grilles are ordered (and arrive since there is a significant delay) I'll see about something that attaches in that area or bite the bullet and drill into the bumper :crying:

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I've been riding with mine off lately too. My girlfriend HATES it stuck in the front window with the little setup I had cause she can't see out the window fully. I have it in the footwell so if I'm yanked over we can throw it on the dash/window and say it's up.

As soon as the Cerinvi C Series grilles are ordered (and arrive since there is a significant delay) I'll see about something that attaches in that area or bite the bullet and drill into the bumper :crying:
Having it on your console behind windshield won't save you from a ticket here in Ontario.

This type of ticket is also pretty easy to get cancelled, it took me 2 min of talking with a prosecutor over the phone, didn't even have to go to court. Yeah the cop was a complete ass. 😄

Why not get sto n sho rather than drill a bumper? It works fine and very discreet, and you can take it on and off whenever you want.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Having it on your console behind windshield won't save you from a ticket here in Ontario.

This type of ticket is also pretty easy to get cancelled, it took me 2 min of talking with a prosecutor over the phone, didn't even have to go to court. Yeah the cop was a complete ass. 😄

Why not get sto n sho rather than drill a bumper? It works fine and very discreet, and you can take it on and off whenever you want.
I've driven by cops with it in the windshield before. Never had a problem. As long as I'm not being an ass, and they see some grey in the bear, they usually let me alone.

Sto-n-Sho doesn't really appeal to me. The plate sits too low and throws off the aesthetic of the front of the car in my opinion. Something more in the centre of the bumper area is more to my taste.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I've driven by cops with it in the windshield before. Never had a problem. As long as I'm not being an ass, and they see some grey in the bear, they usually let me alone.
I've driven in front of numerous cops without front licence plate at all for entire year. 99% don't give a shite. This 1% got me, he was hiding in the bushes. I stopped at intersection instead of passing on yellow. I didn't rip it when it turned green, I didn't break the speed limit either, but he had to find a reason to ticket me. It's one of these old farts that just hate people and nice things and would bend backwards to screw you up. But whatever, I didn't pay a penny for it.

License plane behind windsreen is formally same violation as no license plate, and they will give a ticket if they really want.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Front license plate is supposed to be located at the forward-most part of your car...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
im sure i did......did not want any excuse for not working
I contacted Craig’s and was able to order a replacement bracket. Hopefully this one will last.
Sponsored