Sponsored

No drill front license plate bracket options

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does anyone use any of the solutions out there? As far as I know there are two, one screws underneath the splitter reusing the screw points the other uses a 3m adhesive in the lower portion of the bumper itself. Neither has good reviews, concerns being, the first solution mentioned reducing the already low splitter clearance or the second soluion keeps coming off. I wish there was a tow hook on this car because I know the US Mill works tow hook based license plate bracket holders work very well.

What is everyone doing besides drilling the bumper?

Thanks
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Never had an issue with Craig's bracket, the dealer I bought my car from started stocking them after I turned them on to them because they knew Mustang customers didn't want holes drilled in their car.

Never had an issue with mine, people struggle with following instructions or attempt things they should leave to pro's. Mine was put on in cold temps so I used a heat gun to install it. Tested at over 130MPH and although I do not use it anymore the bracket is still under the bumper.

I never understood the logic of the other one, if you hit anything it has the potential to break lots of plastic.

Michael86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, Magnetic w/stripe, Tech Pack
Chiming in for Craig's. Quick install under the lower bumper; no issues after 3k miles in dry and wet weather. Adhesive strip is rock solid. I sometimes check the locking ring and its never loosened up.

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I'm using the super fancy front windshield suction cup mounts :thumbsup:

Sponsored

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Using the Sto N Sho...no issues...the mounts at the bottom end up being somewhat sacrificial as they are the first to scrape...if your going slow enough they can almost act as a warning...

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If I want to remove craig's bracket, how do I do that? Does the 3m tape become an issue? Also have clear bra installed there, will this be a problem if I install on clear bra?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
If I want to remove craig's bracket, how do I do that? Does the 3m tape become an issue? Also have clear bra installed there, will this be a problem if I install on clear bra?
Clear bra is why I used screws. Some people have removed the clear bra from where the bracket goes. I didn't see the point with out the plate on you can't really see the bracket so I don't see a reason id ever remove it

Sponsored

Michael86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, Magnetic w/stripe, Tech Pack
I've not removed it, can only tell you what I've read: Use a heat gun or blow dryer to loosen the adhesive strip. Dental floss or fishing line to separate the strip from the paint. GooGone to clean up the bits left over.

No idea if it affects the clear coat on removal.

Editorial: Craig's is an example of a small, niche business that focuses on one product type and does it well. Also run by a veteran; since I'm a vet that gets my attention when a good product is being made.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Been using the Craig's bracket since February and I have not had any problems. If you follow the directions and clean and prep the mounting surface, it will hold. But I have only the plate mounted and no frame, I don't think that system needs the extra weight of a frame.
You will need to remove the clear film in the mounting area if you decide to go with the adhesive mounting.

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Never had an issue with Craig's bracket, the dealer I bought my car from started stocking them after I turned them on to them because they knew Mustang customers didn't want holes drilled in their car.

Never had an issue with mine, people struggle with following instructions or attempt things they should leave to pro's. Mine was put on in cold temps so I used a heat gun to install it. Tested at over 130MPH and although I do not use it anymore the bracket is still under the bumper.

I never understood the logic of the other one, if you hit anything it has the potential to break lots of plastic.
While in most cases I would agree with your assumption of people not following instructions, I can say that personally, I followed them exactly. My Craig's bracket was hanging off the front of the car in the garage one day. Luckily it didn't happen while I was driving. Here's the problem though: the side of the tape that gets applied to the bumper, which I installed, was still securely attached to the bumper. The bracket separated from the tape, which to me either indicates faulty tape, or a faulty install job by Craig's. I will give them credit, they sent me a new one. But I haven't installed the new one yet because I don't quite trust it.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I didn't go with the Craig's because I wanted a completely clean bumper for washing the car. It makes it easier and I don't have to worry about the tape not working at high speeds. That said, it does look like a well made product.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using the Sto N Sho
IMG_4076.JPG
Sponsored